CRASHING GETTING ME A BAN WHEN IT'S NOT MY FAULT//DCS GETTING ME A BAN

Legit just got dcd twice in a role and got a ban from queuing up. I am salty yes because this is unfair and ruins gameplay. It's not MY fault I got booted from the game. It crashed. I can't. This needs to be fixed.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Most games can't tell the difference between quitting and your internet dying.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258157#Comment_1258157

    There's actually pretty much no way for a server to recognize the difference, and the Devs have stated this before as well.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150535/dcs-getting-me-a-ban

    You're saying it ruins gameplay for YOU but your DCs ruined gameplay for your team. You should have stable internet, and if not you're risking ruining your team's experience.

    Some people aren't made of money. They can't just get better internet or a better provider.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258166#Comment_1258166

    And that's their team's fault? Their team deserves to play a 3 man game because of that? Their team gets punished? A 3v1 is almost certain death, AND it cucks the killer because he might end up only getting 2 kills and the 3rd person gets hatch. It's happened to me plenty of time and it ends up in a safety pip or depip all because somebody can't get a stable connection. The responsibility lies upon one person in this situation. The DCer.

    The OP never put the blame on his/her team. He/she just said it's unfair to be punished for something uncontrollable. Think of it as being falsely accused for a crime.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258166#Comment_1258166

    And that's their team's fault? Their team deserves to play a 3 man game because of that? Their team gets punished? A 3v1 is almost certain death, AND it cucks the killer because he might end up only getting 2 kills and the 3rd person gets hatch. It's happened to me plenty of time and it ends up in a safety pip or depip all because somebody can't get a stable connection. The responsibility lies upon one person in this situation. The DCer.

    At the same time, it's rather unfeeling to just tell someone, "you're not allowed to play the games you like because of this thing that you probably can't control". If it were possible to introduce a feature which allowed players to rejoin a game if they left within the last, say, 30 seconds, I think that would be ideal. That's something which would take a lot of work to implement, though.

  • But you get the ban even if the game itself crashes. Ive had my game crash 7 or so times. The software alone was to blame. I use Switch so its not like old hardware. Why cant the game know when it caused the problem?

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258157#Comment_1258157

    There's actually pretty much no way for a server to recognize the difference, and the Devs have stated this before as well.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150535/dcs-getting-me-a-ban

    You're saying it ruins gameplay for YOU but your DCs ruined gameplay for your team. You should have stable internet, and if not you're risking ruining your team's experience.

    I didn't dc on purpose. I got crashed. More than once. Just happened again.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258166#Comment_1258166

    And that's their team's fault? Their team deserves to play a 3 man game because of that? Their team gets punished? A 3v1 is almost certain death, AND it cucks the killer because he might end up only getting 2 kills and the 3rd person gets hatch. It's happened to me plenty of time and it ends up in a safety pip or depip all because somebody can't get a stable connection. The responsibility lies upon one person in this situation. The DCer.

    Again I stated I crashed and it wasn't my fault read it fully before you throw some hate man

  • I should mention I am getting crash reports, so I'm not doing it on purpose obvs. That's A. Why my gameplay is ruined and B. Why I stated it wasn't my fault the game crashed.

    Internet has nothing to do with the stability of the engine just a heads up.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258164#Comment_1258164

    Some people aren't made of money. They can't just get better internet or a better provider.

    Internet has nothing to do with the stability of the engine just a heads up. The crashes need to be fixed because it's annoying. I've sent all my crash reports and just a heads up as to how many times my game has crashed, more than enough. It's not my fault that the game is crashing so why should I get punished? This needs to be solved! It's not fair!

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258157#Comment_1258157

    There's actually pretty much no way for a server to recognize the difference, and the Devs have stated this before as well.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150535/dcs-getting-me-a-ban

    You're saying it ruins gameplay for YOU but your DCs ruined gameplay for your team. You should have stable internet, and if not you're risking ruining your team's experience.

    iNTERNET HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENGINES STABILITY. My internet is perfectly fine. There is NOTHING wrong with my internet.

  • If you're crashing that much, something is wrong on your end. Figure it out.

    Also, if they just removed DC penalties for crashing, people would just figure out how to make the game crash when they felt like it. Not exactly a good solution.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    I'm sorry to say, but the game is not THAT unstable, or the forums would be aflame with people screaming about crashes.

    They do happen, but if it's THAT bad, it's on your end. If you're still trying to play public matches after crashing THAT MUCH, you're now selfishly ruining the game for everyone else in the matches you're crashing in.

    Why not ask h ow to find your crash reports (unless you know how already) and post them in bug reports, and wait for helpful replies? because, at this point, you're being selfish to keep playing, and keep crashing. Other people are in those games and are getting shafted when you crash.

    No sense in getting rude. Just because I try to see if it works doesn't mean I am selfishly ruining the game for everyone else.

  • I've been crashing at least once every session as well. It's annoying, but seriously, if I end up getting a really long timer I just play 7 days to die.

  • Crashing is not that common and is definitely something on your end. I understand how frustrating it can be, but you need to figure out what is causing it. Look into your crash code and figure it out. Obviously it's not on BHVR end or the forum would be full of complaints. I've had may be 2 crashes the entire time I've played the game, but if you're getting it so much you're getting penalized, it's unfortunately on your end to figure it out. Might be a GPU issue, CPU overheating issue, anything really. Just look into it.

  • I got stuck in a locker. Game forced me to disconnect. It's only a 5 minute penalty, but kind of sucks that this still happens.