Has struggle changed?

I just was one of two survivors left on a map. The other person got found and downed while I started struggle phase. As soon as they were hooked the game ended for us both. I didn't get to finish my struggle. The other person didn't get an opportunity to either. Is this new since the patch? Does it just end the game immediately now if everyone gets hooked?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yes. Soon as all survivors are struggling on hook, the game ends

  • It is one of the changes of the patch.

    When I play killer I like it because I don't waste time waiting for a survivor to get the struggle points.

    When I play survivor I miss it, because I lose around 800 points.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Yes. Soon as all survivors are struggling on hook, the game ends

    That really sucks. The last survivor already got quite a raw deal as far as hooks are concerned, and survivors earn less BP than killers organically. This is a really terrible change.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    I just was one of two survivors left on a map. The other person got found and downed while I started struggle phase. As soon as they were hooked the game ended for us both. I didn't get to finish my struggle. The other person didn't get an opportunity to either. Is this new since the patch? Does it just end the game immediately now if everyone gets hooked?

    I think the only thing that needs changing in terms of the struggle phase is the button you press. Why should one repeatedly spam A or Space bar when you can just do skill checks instead is beyond my understanding 😂

  • Well that is a bunch of crap! It already sucked when you were 1st hooked as last survivor and didn't get to even try to take advantage of deliverance or even just get your 800. This just cucks survivors a little harder, in a patch that already gave a hard middle finger to all survivors. Jeez, thanks BHVR.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246829#Comment_1246829

    That really sucks. The last survivor already got quite a raw deal as far as hooks are concerned, and survivors earn less BP than killers organically. This is a really terrible change.

    Killers earn more BP because they are 1 player against 4. It's perfectly equal.

    @alaenyia said:

    Well that is a bunch of crap! It already sucked when you were 1st hooked as last survivor and didn't get to even try to take advantage of deliverance or even just get your 800. This just cucks survivors a little harder, in a patch that already gave a hard middle finger to all survivors. Jeez, thanks BHVR.

    If you and your entire team pepega'd and you're the last one alive, why are you entitled to even more second chances?

  • It’s just not very fun to be honest. On Both sides. Feeling like I have another chance after the killer catches me once or twice (mostly once) has me feeling delusional every single time. It’s always something. Mori, Camping, My struggle phase button doesn’t work anymore or a lag spike hits causing it not to register, easy downs that require no mind game from the killer. Now they’re shrinking maps and I find a pallet every once in awhile. Seems pretty bare Most of the time. It’s deflating. Vaults seem broken, I got two feet on the other side of it, I take a step or two and still get hit. I thought they were fixing vaults? They didn’t.

    while playing killer I swing and my hit doesn’t register because survivors have unparalleled agility. Makes sense. I’m a killer and they’re not scared of me. Cuz it makes sense to 180 these kinds of killers. Yep.

  • @alaenyia said:

    Well that is a bunch of crap! It already sucked when you were 1st hooked as last survivor and didn't get to even try to take advantage of deliverance or even just get your 800. This just cucks survivors a little harder, in a patch that already gave a hard middle finger to all survivors. Jeez, thanks BHVR.

    They said the 800 bps was negligible compared to wasted time. And as much as survivors complain about doing totems, which give even more, can you really blame them?

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246860#Comment_1246860

    They said the 800 bps was negligible compared to wasted time. And as much as survivors complain about doing totems, which give even more, can you really blame them?

    Yes, I can.

  • If it makes you feel better, huntress is currently losing 25% of her blood points due to not being able to get deviousness. A BP bug during an archive featuring her. Sorry but that 800 points is negligible. In my opinion

  • I can understand why the change was made as its better to just end the game and move on but since it is a mechanic that grants BP a simple fix would be to just give the full struggle BP amount.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246829#Comment_1246829

    That really sucks. The last survivor already got quite a raw deal as far as hooks are concerned, and survivors earn less BP than killers organically. This is a really terrible change.

    800 points isn't even giving you an addon lol

  • I don't get what the big deal is honestly... I know it's like, 700 or 800 BP or whatever less you get if you were to struggle the whole time, but that's time the killer has to just walk around and do nothing pretty much. Either way, if we were thinking about it in terms of BP per hour, or time based, you could probably just make those hundreds of BP back even quicker by just getting into a new game in the first place.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1246860#Comment_1246860

    They said the 800 bps was negligible compared to wasted time. And as much as survivors complain about doing totems, which give even more, can you really blame them?

    Yes, I can blame them, survivors already have to work way harder for their score over a killer. So I agree with Twisted there that if the fill struggle allotment was granted on death I would be fine with that. But until that, those are still my points that I am getting cucked for.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247330#Comment_1247330

    Yes, I can blame them, survivors already have to work way harder for their score over a killer. So I agree with Twisted there that if the fill struggle allotment was granted on death I would be fine with that. But until that, those are still my points that I am getting cucked for.

    Lets just remember that killers use that end time to go kick pallets and generators. Or use their power. They are losing points also.

    And yes killers get more points, usually, because they arent competing with anyone else for those points