3.7.0 Anti aliasing

HELLO! Can someone help me to turn off anti aliasing in the new patch. I always play with it off and I don't know how to do so in this new patch. PLEASE HELP.

Comments

  • they need to put graphics settings options in game at this point game not playable on crappy pc.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242247#Comment_1242247

    Not my video, but saw this posted elsewhere in the forums. But this is basically what they don't want you to do.

    https://youtu.be/Lh6WF29UpkI

    lmao, maybe they should've just disabled changing the commands that let you do that and keep everything else alone in that file (Like VSYNC and AA).

  • I'm just going to keep commenting in this because the devs need realise this is an issue, it's 2020 and they're pushing a game with no options, I never disabled AA because it never made my game look bad, but why on earth are disabling these things without giving us in game options, I have a 2K monitor and I'd love to be able to run the game in 1080p without having to change my screen res (because the game forces itself to be 2K) get rid of the silly slider and give us options BHVR, it's been too long.

  • Hope they fix it on console as well. It loooks worse than on PC, lol. I played one game as killer and exited the game afterwards. Iit's too dark and blurry. How am I supposed to play?? It also gave me a headache. Not touching this again until it's fixed.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242247#Comment_1242247

    Not my video, but saw this posted elsewhere in the forums. But this is basically what they don't want you to do.

    https://youtu.be/Lh6WF29UpkI

    This has nothing to do with AA, this looks like render distancing lines to me

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242353#Comment_1242353

    I wouldn't do that if I were you. This is their forums, and they don't take kindly to that kind of aggressiveness.

    I've had it with these guys; they're Lousy, Lazy, Unresponsive (Except for the Community team; they actually put in Effort.) and will do Fuckall for their playerbase unless it gives them Money.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242249#Comment_1242249

    This has nothing to do with AA, this looks like render distancing lines to me

    Which were possible by using the same .ini as disabling AA does. Instead of disabling those lines, they instead decided to disable the whole thing.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242249#Comment_1242249

    This has nothing to do with AA, this looks like render distancing lines to me

    No, but Anti Aliasing was one of the things that was listed in the configs. So they decided to just lock the whole thing down.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242249#Comment_1242249

    lmao, maybe they should've just disabled changing the commands that let you do that and keep everything else alone in that file (Like VSYNC and AA).

    you can't disable certain lines from my experience,that's why they disable headers which enable anti aliasing and similar. VSync you can still turn off in the gameusersettings.ini.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242301#Comment_1242301

    you can't disable certain lines from my experience,that's why they disable headers which enable anti aliasing and similar. VSync you can still turn off in the gameusersettings.ini.

    They disabled the ability to change your graphics settings manually a long time ago through GameUserSettings.ini, but you can still use it for things like VSYNC. It's completely possible to make a game ignore certain commands given to it.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242367#Comment_1242367

    They disabled the ability to change your graphics settings manually a long time ago through GameUserSettings.ini, but you can still use it for things like VSYNC. It's completely possible to make a game ignore certain commands given to it.

    If they could,I believe they would have changed it like that. They would have removed r.LightFunctionQuality and stuff like that and kept AA but I don't think they can block specific lines. Most stuff that people used and put into engine ini was defaultscalability commands anyway which is weird how it works tbh. Could care less tho,never cared about AA myself.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242374#Comment_1242374

    If they could,I believe they would have changed it like that. They would have removed r.LightFunctionQuality and stuff like that and kept AA but I don't think they can block specific lines. Most stuff that people used and put into engine ini was defaultscalability commands anyway which is weird how it works tbh. Could care less tho,never cared about AA myself.

    If they could do it with GUS, they likely can with Engine.ini (since the AA command was in an entirely different 'script' than the game-breaking ones). This update has had a hard hit on performance and graphics, and it's likely we'll need an option to disable it.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242381#Comment_1242381

    If they could do it with GUS, they likely can with Engine.ini (Since the AA command was in an entirely different 'script' than the game-breaking ones. This update has had a hard hit on performance and graphics, and it's likely we'll need an option to disable it.

    oh yeah optimization,bhvr's strongest point KEKW my pc literally sounds like an airplane while playing it. Literally a heater over winter.

  • I can honestly say that I agree with disabling the ini files is unfair to the people that need to use it for getting rid of v-sync, AA and whatever other things to gain more FPS. Not everyone with a lower end PC can play the game correctly without changing settings in the config since BHVR decides not to implement proper optimization/in-game settings. I can say that I HAVE to play on low quality and I use a custom resolution (1440x1080) but not through the ini file. And you can't simply ban someone for using a custom resolution made specifically from their graphics card settings.

    But instead of disabling the ini files entirely, maybe BHVR should go and find those newest config files that had been made. Take the actual modded lines and figure out a way that makes it so you can't force the change. Example being the red stain line that people use. If BHVR were to take that custom line and go through their coding... They could easily just patch that singular line. I've known other games that had done this since they knew low end users needed more options than what is given to boost FPS. This is a silly change.

    "Let's crack down on the people that abuse the ini files and use stretched resolution to get better fps plus get an advantage from it." Like some people also use stretched due to being less straining on the eyes such as myself. That's why I use Nvidia control panel to make that stretched resolution. And I can guarantee you can't punish for one doing it that way as it is apart of their PC. Not game files. So either re-enable the ini files so we can change vsync and AA or actually implement proper optimization settings that we can change in-game. Easy as that.

  • Least they could do, is disable AA for AntiAliasingQuality@0

    That way, we could disable AA, by setting AntiAliasingQuality in gameusersettings to 0

  • @Just_Alex said:

    Least they could do, is disable AA for AntiAliasingQuality@0

    That way, we could disable AA, by setting AntiAliasingQuality in gameusersettings to 0

    In addition to letting us turn off Anti-Aliasing they could also change the AA method to MSAA not whatever spawn of Satan AA they are using now.

  • 20200429185105_1.jpg

    This graphic is frustrating even on the menu. Devs, do something, please, as soon as possible...

  • How are there STILL no in-game graphic options for BASIC SETTINGS like anti-aliasing and Vsync, but plenty of COSMETICS keep coming out? It's embarrassing honestly.

    Stop buying cosmetics until the devs decide to add BASIC GRAPHICAL SETTINGS to the game.

  • DEVS ignore us, they don't care about our opinion, they don't even play their own game to see things we see. Unfortunately this is the reality

  • image.png

    And look how your charms got ruined because of forced AA...


    Also, nice butt shot

  • @Jota said:

    DEVS ignore us, they don't care about our opinion, they don't even play their own game to see things we see. Unfortunately this is the reality

    they may not listen to us the players, but they WILL listen to their investors when their revenue reports don't look so hot

  • @slimeslime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242759#Comment_1242759

    they may not listen to us the players, but they WILL listen to their investors when their revenue reports don't look so hot

    They will only hear us if everyone on the forums speak, they already know that no one likes AA but they're ignoring it, that's why people need to stop playing the game and speak up

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1239583#Comment_1239583

    HamletEagle basically answered it, but it's to prevent malicious modification of the ini files to gain an advantage. Unfortunately that means that other harmless tweaks, like disabling anti aliasing, are also disabled. It's not just to spite the people who prefer playing without anti aliasing.

    The patch made the game blurry and the edges look worse and not smooth. Any layman can see this. It needs to go back to the way it was obviously quit playing around

  • @Jota said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242779#Comment_1242779

    They will only hear us if everyone on the forums speak, they already know that no one likes AA but they're ignoring it, that's why people need to stop playing the game and speak up

    Eh, not really realistic to expect people to straight up boycott the game, but I do agree that we need to speak up, and also stop spending money buying outfits and rifts as much as we can

  • @slimeslime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242788#Comment_1242788

    Eh, not really realistic to expect people to straight up boycott the game, but I do agree that we need to speak up, and also stop spending money buying outfits and rifts as much as we can

    I made a promise to myself that I won't buy AC or the RIFT if they don't give us Graphic Options and the option to turn AA off

  • @Jota said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1242806#Comment_1242806

    I made a promise to myself that I won't buy AC or the RIFT if they don't give us Graphic Options and the option to turn AA off

    same here

  • I cant play dbd anymore, 25 fps, its impossible dude

  • i cant even get 120 stable fps without my engine.ini + that antialiasing hurts my eyes.. i never wanted quality, i always wanted fps, so i removed everything, but my engine.ini is not working anymore. from 120 stable fps to 70-80 is a big oof

  • Guys the aa is off. That's why its jagged edges around auras. They either turned it off or are using a different one

  • Has anybody found a solution yet? RIP my eyes I can't see sh/t there, I've just played 2 matches and it looks horrible, everything is blurred .

  • @nyan_painbow said:

    Has anybody found a solution yet? RIP my eyes I can't see sh/t there, I've just played 2 matches and it looks horrible, everything is blurred .

    at least you can play 2 matches. I get a headache after 1 game :(

  • @nyan_painbow said:

    Has anybody found a solution yet? RIP my eyes I can't see sh/t there, I've just played 2 matches and it looks horrible, everything is blurred .

    The closest thing to "normal" you can get is by using Nvidia sharpening filter I guess ๐Ÿค”

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243053#Comment_1243053

    The closest thing to "normal" you can get is by using Nvidia sharpening filter I guess ๐Ÿค”

    Even at that it's not the same as before. I've tried. Even tried to turn vsync and AA off with nvidia control panel before and it didn't work.

  • @KJay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243127#Comment_1243127

    Even at that it's not the same as before. I've tried. Even tried to turn vsync and AA off with nvidia control panel before and it didn't work.

    I know but it's something. At least my eyes don't hurt as they did before I adjusted these settings. I'm not talking about fps, just the visual aspect of the game.

  • 20200429220942_1.jpg 20200429222324_1.jpg

    First is default, second is with LumaSharpen. Honestly... at that point, I would play with the filter. Looks 10 times better, even if it hits the perfomance like a truck, from time to time.

  • @nyan_painbow said:

    Has anybody found a solution yet? RIP my eyes I can't see sh/t there, I've just played 2 matches and it looks horrible, everything is blurred .

    same here,my eyes literally hurt from this game stupid settings

  • @Just_Alex said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/709/YGR573RXK318.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/811/15U8FDU8VLT1.jpg

    First is default, second is with LumaSharpen. Honestly... at that point, I would play with the filter. Looks 10 times better, even if it hits the perfomance like a truck, from time to time.

    how did u installed this

  • Reshade/NVIDIA Freestyle. Sharpen via NVIDIA's Control Panel should work too, I think. I'm not going to wait for months, just to MAYBE get the option to turn AA off.

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243133#Comment_1243133

    I know but it's something. At least my eyes don't hurt as they did before I adjusted these settings. I'm not talking about fps, just the visual aspect of the game.

    For me I need the FPS boost. I liked the graphic settings i had in the config for my fps boost but wasn't anything to be considered cheating. Just saddens me for 4 years of work on a game but no implementation of a real graphical settings

  • @Just_Alex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243218#Comment_1243218

    Reshade/NVIDIA Freestyle. Sharpen via NVIDIA's Control Panel should work too, I think. I'm not going to wait for months, just to MAYBE get the option to turn AA off.

    hmm yeah thanks. sadly not even like that game is playable, it takes all my left fps away and still looks like garbage. hoping someone will find a way to bring the AA settings from engine back

  • I've been trying the sharpening setting in Radeon software. It makes the game marginally clearer, but the blur still hurts my eyes. After a few games I feel nauseous and have a headache. It's almost like playing without my glasses on.

    The only plus side is that the sharpening filter makes UI elements like skill checks look much sharper. I hit great skill checks nonstop now. If only they were still worth something...

  • @KJay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243142#Comment_1243142

    For me I need the FPS boost. I liked the graphic settings i had in the config for my fps boost but wasn't anything to be considered cheating. Just saddens me for 4 years of work on a game but no implementation of a real graphical settings

    Well, for me it's blurriness/low ping > fps, because I can play with, let's say 40 fps, but I can't stand these blurry faces even in the main menu ๐Ÿ™„I feel your pain tho. I've been playing with edited engine.ini file as most people have but now when it's gone, I have to adjust somehow ๐Ÿ˜•

  • @madamretto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243263#Comment_1243263

    Well, for me it's blurriness/low ping > fps, because I can play with, let's say 40 fps, but I can't stand these blurry faces even in the main menu ๐Ÿ™„I feel your pain tho. I've been playing with edited engine.ini file as most people have but now when it's gone, I have to adjust somehow ๐Ÿ˜•

    Yea and it's stupid af. They take away something that helps ppl get an FPS boost just to stop people from abusing stretched resolution within the ini file along with the brighter red stain. Red stain still goes through the wall on Low regardless. That extra brightness helped with the deep wound along with people that are colorblind. But whatever, punish those people but make us low end users suffer in frames.

  • i still dont get it. it is not an advantage if anyone can do it.

  • @rawmister said:

    i still dont get it. it is not an advantage if anyone can do it.

    People say that using the ini file to do stretched lets you see over objects. But the way most people do it anyways is through their GPU control panel. For me being Nvidia control panel. Making a custom desktop resolution. Same thing but can't see over objects. I guess that's what they're trying to stop in the ini file.

  • I'm still very confused. I'm running on ultra. Are you guys saying that when you run low settings it's blurry? Why would things be blurry on ultra when the setting is supposed to be helping with jagged edges? Doesnt anti aliasing help get a better picture?


    If I'm running this on ultra and still getting jagged edges now since the last update, is this something to do with my computer or monitor?

  • @Blindninja said:

    I'm still very confused. I'm running on ultra. Are you guys saying that when you run low settings it's blurry? Why would things be blurry on ultra when the setting is supposed to be helping with jagged edges? Doesnt anti aliasing help get a better picture?

    If I'm running this on ultra and still getting jagged edges now since the last update, is this something to do with my computer or monitor?

    It's nothing to do with your computer or monitor imo unless you're running stretched resolution. But with their AA option being enabled, it looks like dogshit no matter what quality you're on.

  • @KJay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243640#Comment_1243640

    It's nothing to do with your computer or monitor imo unless you're running stretched resolution. But with their AA option being enabled, it looks like dogshit no matter what quality you're on.

    If something is not an improvement, and they can look at it and go "wow that looks worse", why make the decision to do it just because of some red stain problem with a few people?

    Someone actually green lighted this change after they all sat around looking at it and maybe not realizing that it looks bed?

  • @KJay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243640#Comment_1243640

    It's nothing to do with your computer or monitor imo unless you're running stretched resolution. But with their AA option being enabled, it looks like dogshit no matter what quality you're on.

    We are in 2020 and the game still doesn't have graphic options, that's sad they need to give us at least the option to turn the AA off

  • I honestly think that preventing players from modifying their game settings really harms the game in the long-run.

    If something is being done maliciously, then look into THAT and FIX what's "malicious", instead of screwing all possible settings modifications.