Killers are being toooo favoured..?
Ok, so I am returning to Dead By Daylight after a year+ out & feel not much has changed in ways of Surviving since coming back to play it again.
I absolutely love the idea of this game but feel I also hate it just as much.
Reason 1.
As a Survivor I still find it hard to get anywhere UNLESS your stay COMPLETELY hidden throughout the trial.
Once I, & friends, get spotted its almost controller down time... Trying to out-run a killer is hard at times, so once picked-up/carried, I believe there should be greater support surviving the carry (escape) because as soon as your Hooked, that's it! Especially if you have;
CAMP KILLERS STAYING AT THE HOOK or NON SUPPORTING TEAM MATES.
I spend 4-6mins sometimes just getting into a game trial then become the first attacked & hooked within 2-3mins = Game Over. Time wasted.
I admit that I am not very good at all playing this game but enjoy trying but still feel ripped apart as soon as I become downed & picked up/hooked as I know its 9/10 Trial over.
Reason 2.
I feel there should be better Perks to remedy some of the mentioned above for players such as myself as the Wriggle never gets much, if any, success & this is a Survivors last chance.
I tried 'Boil Over' Perk thinking I now have at least a chance to survive a capture but did not realise it was not in favour of reducing Wriggle Meter Escape as I though it did.
Even a Perk that allows sooner Heartbeat Audio alerts would perhaps help?
Reason 3.
CAMPING HOOK KILLERS!
I think Killers should be assessed for proximity to hooks. As with Survivors that camp to long get 'Black Crows' above their heads, Killers should suffer something also.
This reflects length of Gameplay...
Reason 4.
Not being able to even 'Attempt Escape' if your hooked as the last Survivor regardless of whether or not you have been hooked during the Trial. You should at least get to have a chance as the last player...
Reason 5.
Too many hooks in proximity to even attempt at 'Wriggling Escape' I never even get over half way in a wriggle attempt before getting hooked.
Again, I know I not great at playing this game but as a KILLER I win alot ☺ which says alot about the balancing between the two.
Sorry if I have said anything to upset players but these are just some of mine & my friends feeling opinions as Survivors trying to...well...survive.
Thanks
I absolutely love the idea of this game but feel I also hate it just as much.
Reason 1.
As a Survivor I still find it hard to get anywhere UNLESS your stay COMPLETELY hidden throughout the trial.
Once I, & friends, get spotted its almost controller down time... Trying to out-run a killer is hard at times, so once picked-up/carried, I believe there should be greater support surviving the carry (escape) because as soon as your Hooked, that's it! Especially if you have;
CAMP KILLERS STAYING AT THE HOOK or NON SUPPORTING TEAM MATES.
I spend 4-6mins sometimes just getting into a game trial then become the first attacked & hooked within 2-3mins = Game Over. Time wasted.
I admit that I am not very good at all playing this game but enjoy trying but still feel ripped apart as soon as I become downed & picked up/hooked as I know its 9/10 Trial over.
Reason 2.
I feel there should be better Perks to remedy some of the mentioned above for players such as myself as the Wriggle never gets much, if any, success & this is a Survivors last chance.
I tried 'Boil Over' Perk thinking I now have at least a chance to survive a capture but did not realise it was not in favour of reducing Wriggle Meter Escape as I though it did.
Even a Perk that allows sooner Heartbeat Audio alerts would perhaps help?
Reason 3.
CAMPING HOOK KILLERS!
I think Killers should be assessed for proximity to hooks. As with Survivors that camp to long get 'Black Crows' above their heads, Killers should suffer something also.
This reflects length of Gameplay...
Reason 4.
Not being able to even 'Attempt Escape' if your hooked as the last Survivor regardless of whether or not you have been hooked during the Trial. You should at least get to have a chance as the last player...
Reason 5.
Too many hooks in proximity to even attempt at 'Wriggling Escape' I never even get over half way in a wriggle attempt before getting hooked.
Again, I know I not great at playing this game but as a KILLER I win alot ☺ which says alot about the balancing between the two.
Sorry if I have said anything to upset players but these are just some of mine & my friends feeling opinions as Survivors trying to...well...survive.
Thanks
Comments
No, they're not. Someone else can address why.
1) what rank ?
2) try meta perks.
3) and why you say " Killers are being toooo favoured..?", do you have any good prof ?
Game is killer sided between rank 20-15, more or less balanced between rank 15-10 and heavily survivor sided between rank 10-1.
I am starting to get tired of this thread, but I will give you a polite answering pointing out why you are wrong:
Reason 1:
You are simply not experienced enough after your break. The devs changed the survivor hitboxes and accidentially introduced the thing called looping. You run in circles around objects and because of the hitbox, the killer cant catch up as fast as they should.
The hard part of killing a surivor is catching him, not finding him.
Reason 2:
Wiggling exists such that the killer cant bring you to the basement all the time, yet by bodyblocking the survivors can make it impossible for the killer to hook his victim, unless you got downed directly in front of the hook or he drops you and changes targets.
Ignore that perk boil over, its pretty much useles
Reason 3:
By camping a survivor the killer gives up the match, due to ZERO map pressure, the remaining survivors can easily knock out all the gens and escape.
Btw, devs tried to punish camping, but survivors abused it heavily so that idea got trashed
Reason 4:
You are the last player being hooked, even if you manage to escape the hook via kobe, the killer will still kill you. Devs removed the hook phases of the last survivor because otherwise, the survivors could simply chill on hook and hold the killer hostage until he dies (which takes quite some time since they increased the time you stay on hook)
Reason 5:
See reason 2
Yes, as killer you will win a lot in low ranks because survivors have no clue how the game works. As killer you rely on the mistakes of the survivors to win. If they dont do any mistakes, you are screwed.
I recommend playing killer and ranking up, you will realize that survivors are the true powerrole in this game.
And some last advice: Dont make it your goal to survive (at least as a beginner), try to have fun and enjoy the HORROR game, because once you dont fear killers anymore, the game becomes rather boring because basically you sit all game at a gen pressing M1 till the killer finds you. then you run in circles and drop pallets till you do a mistake and get eventually hooked.
Facecamping doesnt exist anymore, pls dont use that term.
What you mean is hard camping
you aren't meant to survive every single game
Shake off the rust, get out of rank 20, and then come back. Survivors were nerfed not long ago but they're still stupid strong if you have a half decent idea of what you're doing. Watch some videos, play longer, you'll soon realise that killers are still far, far from favoured. The Nurse is the only killer that can truly contend with serious survivors on a regular basis, as long as the person is good with her.
Seriously stop. The last patch they got wasn't much and the new proposed changes to bring solo up to the swf level will hurt killers even more. The idea being that survivors being equal will allow them to balance the killer more in buffs or nerfs of survivor perks. Several of the maps are severe disadvantages for the killers. Play both sides at high ranks and then come back and make your argument.
My thoughts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk
If he played a year ago he knows about looping because there used to be literal infinites where killers would never catch you if you didnt screw up.
There is this neat perk called Urban Evasion.
Really helps you NOT get caught.
There are however a couple of perks that aid you on detecting the killer before the finds you; Premonition or Spine Chill. Even Alert if you set it up correctly.
Moooom! I cant survive at rank 20, so the killers got to be extremely OP!!1!
oh my sweet summer child
did you even read any other post besides the OP? There is a thing called body blocking that you can use to your advantage to not get hooked. second just play the game more and you will see why survivor is the power role..
Oh god seriously? Try playing at high rank as killer vs swf a few times until you realize this thread is utterly pointless/useless.
You don't know what pallet looping is.
Nobody likes hearing this, but sometimes the truth hurts: Get better at that which you fail at.
Wiggling is SUPPOSED to not work often. If you don't wiggle free most of the time, then it functions properly.
Actually, the developers did make a test build which included a mechanic that punishes hook campers.
What happened, you might wonder?
Survivors abused the ######### out of it, making the situation completely Survivor-sided.
You lost. This is just a way to end the game quicker.
If you manage to escape, high high high chances you get smacked again anyway.
And sometimes hooks are too far away cause they ran somewhere where hooks just didn't spawn, but you conveniently leave that detail out. Hmmmmm...
I am currently drinking. Is this thread real?Am I drunk already?
@Master Already broke it down quite well and to add if you take time off any game for an extended period of time your perections coming back will be warped.
They recently had a FTP event going on and so there was a huge influx of bran new players who're easy picking for an experienced killer. There's also school about to start in a lot of places so you'll have people with a lot less time on their hands.
If you really want a challenge then get to rank 5 and below as a killer or wait until rank reset then do killer and you'll run into all the high ranked people leveling up again.