Game is beyond stale for killers

This game has gotten really stale for killers at red ranks post ruin nerf.. roll your eyes all you want, it's truth. If I want to try interesting builds that deviate from the 6-7 "meta" perks for killers, gens fly and it's generally a miserable experience. You will of course have some wins, but more often than not, Brutal Killer/Displeased is your result.

Survivors can run meme or thematic builds all day long because they have 3 other people to carry them. If i want to run an all hex build, stealth, or perma injure build.. it might work a quarter of the time. Injured people at high ranks just split up and sit on gens so it doesn't really matter.. plus they get dead hard constantly.

I realize X killer may have Y build that works for them, that only proves that you're being pigeonholed. "If you want to use this killer, here are the perks that actually work".

I am essentially locked into using the same build for every killer unless I want 3 chases and the game to be over in 5 mins. Boring.

BBQ / Corrupt / Pop / Discordance /// Nurses / Monitor

"THEN JUST SLUG" - no thanks that's not fun

"DONT WORRY ABOUT RANK" -- maybe I don't like seeing "Entity Displeased" every game when I try experimenting

"PLAY ANOTHER GAME THEN" - i have been thanks

Sure would be nice to be able to run interesting builds without being absolutely punished by the game.

Comments

  • "DONT WORRY ABOUT RANK" -- maybe I don't like seeing "Entity Displeased" every game when I try experimenting"


    ermmm yeah, and at lower ranks you have PLENTY of room to experiment and do well....

  • I actually hate the game so much as killer.....rank 12, and consistently against rank 1 and 2 every game. Consistently 4 escape, consistently tbagging at the gate and wait for you to approach so they sprint burst out the exit gate. FFS, if the gates open, leave. You've sprinted through the gens as fast as you can, so why fart about now the game is done.

  • It is gonna get even worse then that ! It is really problematic because the way some killers are designed does not fit new maps or new perks. Then they make these super strong reworks which is great but some killers are not like them but they can't change the perks or the gen time because those other strong killers I mentioned exist and they are strong with these gen times and current maps. And this inconsistency in design is what cause all that. Look at the new killer. In general hes cool but give him a big map and he can't do much. Now the devs can't rework all the big maps because of him and they can't increase the gen times cause Billy, New Doc, Freddy, Spirit exist and also small maps exist. I think they have to apply some "help" just to certain killers on ceretain maps to help them get going but it so hard to tell what help exactly

  • Its the same in other multiplayer games isn't it. Every game has a meta.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Its the same in other multiplayer games isn't it. Every game has a meta.

    the difference is meta in another game is used because it's efficient (but other viable options exist), meta in this game is the only option you have unless you want to have a consistently bad time

  • @Hopesfall said:

    This game has gotten really stale for killers at red ranks post ruin nerf.. roll your eyes all you want, it's truth. If I want to try interesting builds that deviate from the 6-7 "meta" perks for killers, gens fly and it's generally a miserable experience. You will of course have some wins, but more often than not, Brutal Killer/Displeased is your result.

    Survivors can run meme or thematic builds all day long because they have 3 other people to carry them. If i want to run an all hex build, stealth, or perma injure build.. it might work a quarter of the time. Injured people at high ranks just split up and sit on gens so it doesn't really matter.. plus they get dead hard constantly.

    I realize X killer may have Y build that works for them, that only proves that you're being pigeonholed. "If you want to use this killer, here are the perks that actually work".

    I am essentially locked into using the same build for every killer unless I want 3 chases and the game to be over in 5 mins. Boring.

    BBQ / Corrupt / Pop / Discordance /// Nurses / Monitor

    "THEN JUST SLUG" - no thanks that's not fun

    "DONT WORRY ABOUT RANK" -- maybe I don't like seeing "Entity Displeased" every game when I try experimenting

    "PLAY ANOTHER GAME THEN" - i have been thanks

    Sure would be nice to be able to run interesting builds without being absolutely punished by the game.

    You guys say it’s stale but I’m a 50/50 and Killers are way too OP can’t even get ######### done most of the time because everyone camps and/or tunnels all game maybe if all you purple ranks and up would stop camping and tunneling you’d have fun games. I play killer a lot too survivors aren’t even that bad, in red ranks maybe but other than that stop complaining y’all are so OP and always in power it’s irritating that y’all say it’s stale when survivors are literally stressed because all the OP people making the game more bs than it already is.

  • This game would be a lot better if everyone sweat a lil less. It's supposed to be a fun hide and seek game that niether side should win on a constant basis. But it's turned into people saying I have to do my job. Not a job, it's a game. Each side is constantly trying to make the others game miserable as possible.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    yeah because survivor is just a walk in the park. 🙄

    Compared to killer at high ranks, it really is!

    Unless you have sprint burst, then it's a run in the park!

  • @Hopesfall said:

    This game has gotten really stale for killers at red ranks post ruin nerf.. roll your eyes all you want, it's truth. If I want to try interesting builds that deviate from the 6-7 "meta" perks for killers, gens fly and it's generally a miserable experience. You will of course have some wins, but more often than not, Brutal Killer/Displeased is your result.

    Survivors can run meme or thematic builds all day long because they have 3 other people to carry them. If i want to run an all hex build, stealth, or perma injure build.. it might work a quarter of the time. Injured people at high ranks just split up and sit on gens so it doesn't really matter.. plus they get dead hard constantly.

    I realize X killer may have Y build that works for them, that only proves that you're being pigeonholed. "If you want to use this killer, here are the perks that actually work".

    I am essentially locked into using the same build for every killer unless I want 3 chases and the game to be over in 5 mins. Boring.

    BBQ / Corrupt / Pop / Discordance /// Nurses / Monitor

    "THEN JUST SLUG" - no thanks that's not fun

    "DONT WORRY ABOUT RANK" -- maybe I don't like seeing "Entity Displeased" every game when I try experimenting

    "PLAY ANOTHER GAME THEN" - i have been thanks

    Sure would be nice to be able to run interesting builds without being absolutely punished by the game.

    I feel you here. It is constantly the same builds, same few killers, same basic strategies.

    I keep asking on these forums and very few killers have responded. But could we accept less kills if we could still pip by winning chases, getting hooks and protecting gennys?

    It may allow us to try different killers and builds and not feel bad by depipping.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/140873/game-is-beyond-stale-for-killers

    Ruin is still good. It’s useful in combination with informational perks like surveillance. Tbh it doesn’t need a buff. I think killers are still OP they have so many good ad ons and ebony Mori. I know you want your 4K every game but please understand that each of those 4 survivors are real people too that want their share of an enjoyable experience playing the game. And it’s not enjoyable when you can’t get any gens done fast. Good killers can take people out of the game JUST as quick or just keep survivors on their toes healing and rescuing so gens don’t get done. You got thanat, dying light. Ruin is a crutch. Get good at actually being a killer.

    There's usually one person that spits this drivel. No one asked or mentioned getting a 4k every game. OP literally just wants to be able to try new things and not get basically punished for it. Should we be annoyed that survivors want to escape every match? And ruin isn't a crutch. It's a tool to slow down gens so that we don't get smacked with three gens popping in less than a minute.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Just drop rank by waiting for resets or make a new account on console. Play a new killer. Do some Survivor archives in the meantime.

    With the list of killers that you've given us, I'd suggest a stealth killer that isn't Myers, so probably Ghostface, and play for the hunt. Be an unseen predator and play for the ambush. It is so much fun than the usual "Go to generator, find survivor, CHASE survivor, down survivor, hook survivor, kick generator" loop a lot of other killers fall in to.

    Toy with the survivors and control the match in its entirety. The hunt is better than the sacrifice.

    Dropping rank might not even help at this point. You can get red survivors at any rank now. I was getting them at rank 18. Also have seen red killers go against a team of low ranks and greens on occasion,so idk. It's really rare to see a match with everyone the same rank, anymore.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    This game has gotten really stale for killers at red ranks post ruin nerf.. roll your eyes all you want, it's truth. If I want to try interesting builds that deviate from the 6-7 "meta" perks for killers, gens fly and it's generally a miserable experience. You will of course have some wins, but more often than not, Brutal Killer/Displeased is your result.

    Survivors can run meme or thematic builds all day long because they have 3 other people to carry them. If i want to run an all hex build, stealth, or perma injure build.. it might work a quarter of the time. Injured people at high ranks just split up and sit on gens so it doesn't really matter.. plus they get dead hard constantly.

    I realize X killer may have Y build that works for them, that only proves that you're being pigeonholed. "If you want to use this killer, here are the perks that actually work".

    I am essentially locked into using the same build for every killer unless I want 3 chases and the game to be over in 5 mins. Boring.

    BBQ / Corrupt / Pop / Discordance /// Nurses / Monitor

    "THEN JUST SLUG" - no thanks that's not fun

    "DONT WORRY ABOUT RANK" -- maybe I don't like seeing "Entity Displeased" every game when I try experimenting

    "PLAY ANOTHER GAME THEN" - i have been thanks

    Sure would be nice to be able to run interesting builds without being absolutely punished by the game.

    "I dont like seeing entity displeased when I experiment"

    That's where I lost legitimacy of your post.

    A made up entity in a video game is regulating your fun because you didnt appease the made up video game god? FOH.

    Play it and enjoy it or dont, but dont use "I feel bad displeasing my master" ######### as an excuse for you not having fun or not doing well with fun builds.

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186819#Comment_1186819

    Man getting good only goes so far,for real. Pro gaming wouldn't be a thing if some people didn't have a higher level of ability,you know what I mean? I got way better than I was by playing against better players,but with my disabilities,I'm never going to get as good as the top streamers or whatever.

    Im usually green/purple and still get matched with reds like everyone else. Some of them are so good it's insane. For example,I enjoy Street Fighter and its like... imagine every other match I have to play against one of the best players in the world. That's not going to be very much fun after awhile. Might get better,might get completely destroyed. And then get mad and get destroyed every time from lack of focus,lmao.

    I understand what you mean though,I really do. There's some underlying issues that need solved. I used to main survivor and switched to killer because of the queue times. After awhile I kinda started to play with the mentality that someone is going to escape and I don't need to win. Keeps me from getting too mad or complaining too much.

    I understand where you're coming from, but you having disabilities means you know you have limits. You know what you can and cant do, and can choose what to partake in. I'm not trying to belittle or argue the fact you have disabilities, just trying to explain it in another light.

    Let's say someone has physical disabilities preventing them from running/jumping at 100%. Now, say they REALLY enjoy playing basketball, and are a pretty good shot. They know that even though they enjoy it, and may be half decent, that the hand they were dealt means they likely will only ever reach a certain peak of skill/career with that. They know they cant be a professional NBA player, but it doesnt ruin their love of the game. And it sucks, and is horrible that someone cant do what they enjoy to the fullest, but we cant drop the bar or change the core of something that requires skill to assist those who arent able to fully participate as intended.

    It still comes down to the rough "git gud". And yes, that can only go so far when outside factors are at play, in specific situations. But when the talk is about the overall balance, skill cap, potential, mechanics, etc, using outliers such as disabilities and internet issues, or any other variable in the discussion of "the problem was you didnt play optimally" doesn't really help the conversation.

    Now if we were talking about how to make the game more accommodating to the disabled, that would be something else altogether.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/140873/game-is-beyond-stale-for-killers

    "I dont like seeing entity displeased when I experiment"

    That's where I lost legitimacy of your post.

    A made up entity in a video game is regulating your fun because you didnt appease the made up video game god? FOH.

    Play it and enjoy it or dont, but dont use "I feel bad displeasing my master" ######### as an excuse for you not having fun or not doing well with fun builds.

    or maybe.. because it literally means "you lose"

    you see what you want to see

  • Just gonna add here if anyone's feeling frustrated, Project resistance literally dropped this morning..

1 2 ›