PLEASE bring back old Freddy.

Or any killer that is like old Freddy or has the same mechanics.

He was so fun to play and come up against, he had so much pressure but he was fairly weak in chases so it felt balanced out, he felt fair.

I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases (the actual fun part of the game) now go by much quicker and is harder to balance, other killers (like pig) are better as they have longer matches and longer chases. Freddy was just like this.

What I was thinking is a killer that pulls you into a different style world or something like that, and keep the transition flickers so it has a skill requirement. Make them do something unique to escape this world like to run somewhere. Then they can get back to gens.

He was my favourite killer, I have now moved onto Legion who i'm also having fun with. If an old Freddy mock was introduced then i would play it over anyone.

Comments

  • Old freddy did make more sense lore wise.

  • "I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases"

    New Freddy has so much more pressure out of chase with the clocks and teleport. And what about the other new Killers with map pressure abilitys? Oni, Demogorgon and new Doctor? They all have high mobility or other abilitys that stall the game? You seem to not know much about Killers and pressure, I recomend to you to keep playing or watch guides.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Or any killer that is like old Freddy or has the same mechanics.

    He was so fun to play and come up against, he had so much pressure but he was fairly weak in chases so it felt balanced out, he felt fair.

    I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases (the actual fun part of the game) now go by much quicker and is harder to balance, other killers (like pig) are better as they have longer matches and longer chases. Freddy was just like this.

    What I was thinking is a killer that pulls you into a different style world or something like that, and keep the transition flickers so it has a skill requirement. Make them do something unique to escape this world like to run somewhere. Then they can get back to gens.

    He was my favourite killer, I have now moved onto Legion who i'm also having fun with. If an old Freddy mock was introduced then i would play it over anyone.

    He had to hit a survivor 3 times essentially. If I hit someone and they are injured. Boom all gens finish and now they are FULL HEALTH and AWAKE. So h

  • @BenZ0 said:

    "I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases"

    New Freddy has so much more pressure out of chase with the clocks and teleport. And what about the other new Killers with map pressure abilitys? Oni, Demogorgon and new Doctor? They all have high mobility or other abilitys that stall the game? You seem to not know much about Killers and pressure, I recomend to you to keep playing or watch guides.

    New Freddy, yea ok, but Oni doesn't for the start of the game, Demo has very little unless you are running rat tail and Doctor has barely any.

    I think you missed the point i was trying to make that newer killers are too focused around the chase and not pressure. The last actual good pressure killer we got was pig who I think has the perfect balance between pressure and chase.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206084#Comment_1206084

    Then you had a choice:

    • Bail the chase, and sleep and hit someone else
    • Keep chasing if you know they're about to go down because of a deadzone
    • Go back to someone you hit earlier and hit them down.

    That's just M1ing with the potential extra step of having to put someone to sleep first if they're not already asleep. It still ran into the same issue as most M1 Killers, except Old Freddy had absolutely nothing to assist him in the chase. Most other M1 Killers have something to assist them with that problem, even if it's something that won't come up often like Bear Traps. Old Freddy had nothing.

    @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206267#Comment_1206267

    New Freddy, yea ok, but Oni doesn't for the start of the game, Demo has very little unless you are running rat tail and Doctor has barely any.

    I think you missed the point i was trying to make that newer killers are too focused around the chase and not pressure. The last actual good pressure killer we got was pig who I think has the perfect balance between pressure and chase.

    Pig is better than old Freddy, but I wouldn't call her good. Neither her pressure nor her chase are anything I'd write home about.

  • Just thinking about the times playing old freddy is scarier than anything Krueger could ever conjure.. jesus..

  • @Chekita said:

    I know all this discussion its not something to change anything at all. But even in a discussion like this you should refer to what standards you are talking about.

    Saying you or a skilled player was good with Freddy and he didnt had to be reworked because of this its not a very good argument. First what actually you consider good, and what is your standard? For most people, including the devs, saying a killer is good means he is either easy to learn and use, or have very high potential due to his power (like Huntress and Nurse IF mastered, meaning they have low kill rates despite having high potential).

    I can agree the very first version of Freddy had some potential, but its not nearly as good as this new version of Freddy from both standards. One thing I can also agree is that the first version of Freddy was more original and more fun to play with, but that doesnt make him a "better" killer. When he was changed he already became very weak and easy to counter. New Freddy is not as nearly as fun as the first version, but he has more map control and more chase potential which is two of the trademarks that make the best killers in the game unnanimously. If that isnt enough to convince now he has very high pick rate and kill rates that just proves this point.

    I think its fun to argue how he was more original or more interesting to play, but clearly in terms of performance there is no denying he is better in the general sense devs and players think.

    In summary, I think you are wasting your time trying to prove he was better in these standards, because everyone can see the charts and say otherwise (specially regarding the reworked Freddy 2nd version). You should probably focus on his originality or his gameplay, or fun, instead of saying he was better because you were better with him. No one will change the game because a handfull of people were better with him in said version. Think about changing your angle, otherwise its really pointless to discuss something so easy to dismiss.

    ^ This

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206021#Comment_1206021

    Failed skill checks have a 10% regression penalty + 3 second pause which adds up to 11 seconds. Assume it takes 4 seconds to get the skillcheck (which is quite fast). Then, in 15 seconds, you have only made 2 seconds of progress. Now assume you put a survivor to sleep twice who is soloing a gen and you find someone else. That gen now lasts over 100 seconds to complete. All Freddy had to do was press M2 twice and find another survivor (which was easy for him).

    Also you got unlucky with that 4 man.

    It was also a tactic during a chase to run to a gen as soon as your head tilted and blow it to extend the chase. And spine chill increases the likelihood of skill checks.

  • How do some people consider the old Freddy any fun? Guy was straight up boring and always shoved a free hit up your back since you couldn't tell where the heck he was, the dream world felt more like a nuisance than an actual mechanic.

    Also the fact that he couldn't be somehow bodyblocked cause he only dragged that tunneled surv into the dream world, denying any help from teammates? Really? That was just badly planned.

    Freddy is way better now, not more fun to vs against cause he's been given way too much, but I prefer this one to the old version.

  • Old Freddy players would constantly tunnel. I would not like it back.

  • Wasn't his power to turn himself into an m1 killer? And even then, specifically to someone he had to put to sleep first(which took forever)? No thanks, he deserved a rework.

  • I 4k’d constantly with old Freddy. At red ranks:

    Blocks to speed transition to 4 seconds

    ANY 4 of these perks: bbq, sloppy, thana, nurses, monitor, ruin, pop

    hit and run, never chase... ever. (Until maybe last survivor or two) If no hit, at least clear a pallet. Never tunnel or you lose. Sleep, hit, move on. Brought game to a crawl.

    could draw (2 kills 2 escape) with a seal team 6 swf... I did 2-3 times it was SWEATY. The big Rotten fields was the only map I’d get a loss on if survivors were decent.


    I would love to have him as an option

  • old freddy was fantastic

    new freddy is so cheap and boring

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Or any killer that is like old Freddy or has the same mechanics.

    He was so fun to play and come up against, he had so much pressure but he was fairly weak in chases so it felt balanced out, he felt fair.

    I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases (the actual fun part of the game) now go by much quicker and is harder to balance, other killers (like pig) are better as they have longer matches and longer chases. Freddy was just like this.

    What I was thinking is a killer that pulls you into a different style world or something like that, and keep the transition flickers so it has a skill requirement. Make them do something unique to escape this world like to run somewhere. Then they can get back to gens.

    He was my favourite killer, I have now moved onto Legion who i'm also having fun with. If an old Freddy mock was introduced then i would play it over anyone.

    Freddy is brilliant now and quite honestly I believe he is better now. He has more map pressure and his power is great. He could probably in my opinion be a top tier killer noe in the right hands.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Or any killer that is like old Freddy or has the same mechanics.

    He was so fun to play and come up against, he had so much pressure but he was fairly weak in chases so it felt balanced out, he felt fair.

    I hate these new killers that have abilities to help them in a chase but they have no pressure, chases (the actual fun part of the game) now go by much quicker and is harder to balance, other killers (like pig) are better as they have longer matches and longer chases. Freddy was just like this.

    What I was thinking is a killer that pulls you into a different style world or something like that, and keep the transition flickers so it has a skill requirement. Make them do something unique to escape this world like to run somewhere. Then they can get back to gens.

    He was my favourite killer, I have now moved onto Legion who i'm also having fun with. If an old Freddy mock was introduced then i would play it over anyone.

    Has legion gamer pic

  • I prefer the current freddy a thousand times more than the old freddy.

    old freddy was very weak, now he is a born killer and with a lot of reputation .. don't ruin it ..

  • also, now he is a balanced assassin. I think you have never tried the new freddy in red ranges.

1 2 ›