How do people still not realize that tunneling is one of the only ways to create permanent pressure.

A loss of one teammate is detrimental to the team, and if eliminated early can easily assure you a 4k or drastically decrease the time crunch. Yes I know, nobody likes to get tunneled, but sometimes it’s really the only way depending on the killer you are playing , survivor skill level , and map. Now please spare me of that “ oh well you just need to git gud and adapt, I 4k every game with perkless clown on haddon field at red ranks and I never tunnel or camp. Your just an entitled killer main who wants an easy win.” Talk because it’s complete bull and does nothing to contribute to a discussion and puts down whoever’s talking about it

Comments

  • This killer mentality is so prevalent that the idea of me queuing into a match without sprint burst iron will and bt is very unwise. I'm numb to the tunnel and these three perks just help me fight this "oh here we go again" strat and have made the perks downright mandatory for me.

    I guess I should be happy to have that 4th perk slot free..

  • Tunneling is definitely more efficient than rotating.

  • I wonder sometimes if the survivor off the hook knows how much danger they are in and why they aren't doing something smarter then self caring. They go back up on the hook and quit or get a mori to the face for their questionable effort.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Survivors should be nicer to killers who don't tunnel. I try my best not to , but then I'm always disappointed when they get to the exit gates and teabag me and all I can think is "Why was I nice again?" Like I'm a pretty nice killer most of the time. I get 4k's fairly often, but I also sometimes let survivors go. I farm with them when someone disconnects or dies way too early and they seem to be struggling. I've even helped a few people complete archive challenges (I do this as survivor too. Had a Spirit drop me in front of her haunted grounds. I knew what it was, but cleansed it anyway because I knew it was an archive challenge. She seemed to appreciate it, and let me go after downing me again). Giving us a hit on the way out, and maybe not teabagging isn't asking for too much. We enjoy bonus points too!

    I wish I could show my appreciation in game I really do but I don't want to be misunderstood when the only form of communication in game is teabagging pointing and beckoning. What would you take as a sign of appreciation in game?

    We literally teabag each other to say hello. I even see it as killer, a survivor will squat as if to say good luck.

  • @whammigobambam said:

    I wonder sometimes if the survivor off the hook knows how much danger they are in and why they aren't doing something smarter then self caring. They go back up on the hook and quit or get a mori to the face for their questionable effort.

    Right, survivors hop right back on the nearest gen injured because they think this weird code will keep them safe.

    I won’t tunnel, but you have to do your part as survivor too. Get away from the hook and maybe heal up.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1177265#Comment_1177265

    You mean the Killer's Rulebook for Survivors?

    Here's a few rules that can potentially warrant a tunnel from the killer:

    #276: Flashlights

    #277: Toolboxes

    #278: Med-Kits

    #279: P3 Claudette

    #280: Doing Generators

    #281: SWF Username

    On a serious note, I feel like people who tunnel regularly should take into account of the other side. We often don't care about the other side's fun until we're the one experiencing it.

    Yes, tunneling is fair game, but I just ask that you consider the other side when doing so because not all games have to be about making the other side suffer as much as possible. Your actions have consequences, making survivors suffer as much as possible will just make them want to stop playing the game or bring their OP stuff to make the killer's life hell.

    TL;DR Treat others how you'd like to be treated.

    -If you're playing killer, pretend that you're the survivors.

    -If you're playing survivor, pretend that you're the killer.

    You forgot "being a streamer".

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1177171#Comment_1177171

    Name them?

    surviors have DH, DS, BT, unbreakable, adrenaline to start

    NOED? Rancor? Devour Hope? Haunted Ground? Blood Warden? Iron Maiden? Make your Choice? Not to mention killers have the ability to face camp and mori?

    Half of those perks literally only activate due to a killer tunneling.. DS and BT are literally anti-tunneling perks.. Dont tunnel and they're useless.

    Dead Hard isn't a 2nd chance perk, it's no different than 99%'ing exhaustion for Sprint Burst or having Lithe.

    Unbreakable and Adrenaline are the only legit 2nd chance perks.. and 1 is payback for slugging someone for 20 seconds.

  • It works but it's not fun for the survivor. You can also tunnel so hard it's detrimental to the match since you're not patrolling gens although a Mori lets you get rid of the survivor very quickly.


    I play both and I dislike playing scummy. If a survivor provokes me (flashlight clicking, teabagging) yeah I might tunnel them out of spite but I find the idea of going into the match with the mindset of "Alright I'm gonna tunnel the first survivor I see" sort of messed up.

  • I mean, as a strategy tunnelling gets worse and worse the better the survivors you're versing are.

    If they're somewhat decent, you'll get BTd, DSd and genrushed to oblivion while the survivor runs you around.

    Of course, if you find a weak link and exploit it, it works. And I don't even blame the player in this case. Tunnelling is anti-fun and unhealthy but it's not the player's fault, it's the game's fault. The only way to fix this is by making tunnelling and camping more punishing and rewarding the killer for going for different people. In the current state of the game, you don't have the time to kill everyone without playing "scummy" if the survivors are good, with most killers at least.

    Remember guys, don't blame the player unless they're deliberately making your experience in particular miserable.

  • Yeah but it depends on how you're doing it. Tunneling can just as easily lead to a pretty decent advantage as it can lead to a complete throw of your game. I can think of several situations where you wouldn't want to tunnel one person down. It really just depends on the situation, but no it's not "one of the only ways."

  • @hex_genrush said:

    A loss of one teammate is detrimental to the team, and if eliminated early can easily assure you a 4k or drastically decrease the time crunch. Yes I know, nobody likes to get tunneled, but sometimes it’s really the only way depending on the killer you are playing , survivor skill level , and map. Now please spare me of that “ oh well you just need to git gud and adapt, I 4k every game with perkless clown on haddon field at red ranks and I never tunnel or camp. Your just an entitled killer main who wants an easy win.” Talk because it’s complete bull and does nothing to contribute to a discussion and puts down whoever’s talking about it

    So to ensure your having fun and a good game you decided to completely wreak someone else's experience? I'm pretty sure eventually you'll complain when someone does this too you as Karma.

  • It’s incredibly frustrating as survivor almost every match. Someone has to go down eventually. Nobody’s running the killer around for all 5 gens without a down and hook. So why is it that guy never gets off the hook? So what you found me? 🤷‍♂️ Big deal. Why make it so punishing though to play the game as survivor? I agree. Harsher penalties for hook camping or tunneling needs to be in place. It’s a cheap way to get Mori’s and A Free hook running somebody through sacrificial stages. Then killers just rub it in your face at the end of the match with these “gg ez” messages as if these mf are entitled to their 4Ks lol and I have red/purple rank survivors on my team. Here’s the killer sitting at green rank with 2 perks equipped and he don’t even need the other two apparently. And here people complain about gen speed nahhhhh. I’d rather do anything else than stare at a progress bar longer on a generator and a teammate bleeding out faster on the hook. That’s killer having the advantage.

  • @hex_genrush said:

    A loss of one teammate is detrimental to the team, and if eliminated early can easily assure you a 4k or drastically decrease the time crunch. Yes I know, nobody likes to get tunneled, but sometimes it’s really the only way depending on the killer you are playing , survivor skill level , and map. Now please spare me of that “ oh well you just need to git gud and adapt, I 4k every game with perkless clown on haddon field at red ranks and I never tunnel or camp. Your just an entitled killer main who wants an easy win.” Talk because it’s complete bull and does nothing to contribute to a discussion and puts down whoever’s talking about it

    But who said you should 4k every time? If you do then game is not balanced! why should I play a survivor if all killers 4k every time? its a 5 man game play my friend and not only yours, am sure the guy on the hook didnt sign up for a game to be pressing SPACE on struggle the entire game!

    maybe watch some killer main streamers they do 4k often without being toxic and taking a lame excuse to justify their trashy game play! yeah ill say it to you then, get good :)

  • I used to think like that, until I realised how pressure works on this game: By tunneling someone to death you're applying absolutely zero pressure to the other survivors. But lets say you managed to tunnel "Fedoraman27" to death, there's 1 gen left, you can handle it easily, right? No. The other survivors were not hooked once, so you're not going to kill someone fast enough to win and if you tunnel someone, its over. So no, it doesn't work like that, so no need to destroy "Fedoraman27"'s fun hoping that you're going to win. pls don't tunnel :)

  • @Peanits said:

    It's one way to create pressure, but it's not necessarily a good way.

    To give an example, you tunnel that one guy all game. They get saved with BT, you finally down them and get DS'd. Then they're saved again with BT.

    All of that is an awful lot of time for the other three healthy survivors to do generators. You're leaving them with nothing else to do. They're all healthy, nobody that's not in a chase needs healing, so the only thing they have left to do is generators. Yes, things would slow down after that one guy dies, but that's only if all the gens aren't done by then. If the guy you're tunneling is decent at the game, that's going to give them plenty of time to do the gens.

    Short version, yes, that guy being dead is going to help later in the match, but only if there's still a match left by the time you kill them.

    Good thing that Peanits with BT is always around to protect me. My hero. 😍

    Also, why DS is a perk? Are our devs making a pay to win game? Now Im scared of the future.😭

1 2 ›