Disconnects
I have been playing for a few months now and since the game has become a free download on playstation I have noticed a huge increase in both killers and survivors disconnecting when things aren't going their way. I would really like to see more severe punishments implemented to remedy this kind of behavior. Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I'm curious if other are noticing this becoming a more frequent issue? If so what do you think the devs could implement to detour this behavior?
Comments
Sure its bad for those who brought items and got legit connection issues but the ones who abuse it outnumber them like 20 to 1.
Thats a necessary evil and a good start.
I agree. DCs aren't punished nearly enough. The solution I think is best, is that every time you DC, you get a time ban that steadily increases with every time you disconnect. I think the time ban should start off as something like five minutes, then ten, and so on until you're locked out until the next reset. That way, it would deter you from DCing without being too harsh on someone who's internet might've copped out.
I've suggested this on the Steam forums.
After a few leaves, tack on a -75% blood point penalty on all future gains. Meaning, after every match you'll only receive 25% of what you would have earned. This penalty persists until the player shows they can stick around for the entire match.
All really great ideas, glad to see it isn't just a playstation issue too.
I'd love this. Make it an exponential increase. 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, and so on. I guarantee they'll stop DC'ing after the third time.
Its a joke that devs dare to claim DBD is a somehow competitive game, the whole ranked system is ######### up, rank 1s can face a rank 18 kilelr by playing SWF.
DCing is only punished if you DC in 80% of your games or sth like that.
I have no clue why we dont have a queue time punishment, 5 min for first DC, 10 sec, 30 3rd etc etc
ANY other competitive game has such a system, because ofc players would abuse DCing otherwise
Love the idea of the time ban and would love to see it added as soon as possible. After playing three matches where the last living survivor dc'ed on me I had enough and messaged them saying I love how there is one in every group who can't take a loss, I was playing as the clown and they replied with "I love people who pay to win."
Classic survivors
Yeah I feel dumb for making this thread now that I have researched the forums further, I was just really fed up to the point that I joined just to comment on this issue. I saw that the mod had addressed the issue but I really hope they eventually change their minds.
5-10 minute time ban would be fantastic.