It was a great change, Hatch Stand Offs were hugely complained about and it's removed that aspect from the game entirely. Killers asked for a long time for the ability to close the hatch as well.
It's either a good change because it completely got rid of hatch standoffs, (also EGC looks and sounds kinda cool) or it's not a good or bad change. But it's definitely not a bad change imo, I never got the timing right for pulling a hatch grab so I'm not at a loss for seeing the feature gone.
It is hella awkward though, when you and the survivor sit on the hatch at the same time now. Because you know instead of waiting like before, now both of you are spamming your keyboards as fast as possible to see which the game registers first, the hatch close or the hatch escape. It can sometimes feel a bit funky like you should have got it but it's not like you can see how fast your opponent is really going at his / her keyboard so you can't tell, otherwise it's fine.
So I can't grab the survivor if we both get to hatch at nearly same time and they are jumping in? that does kind of suck, but the killer does have a lot of power in this situation since they can shut it.
Had to go #4, not because I like hatch grab, although I miss hatch stand offs occasionally. But I do not like the way they changed the hatch mechanic now either.
If a survivor has a key it's a free escape. I love the hatch stand off removal but i think the killer should be able to grab, also imo nor killer or survivor should be able to bodyblock hatch.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Removing hatch stand offs decreasing the time spent in a single game.
Nothing more to say.
It contributed towards removing hatch stand-offs from the game, which is a good thing.
It was a great change, Hatch Stand Offs were hugely complained about and it's removed that aspect from the game entirely. Killers asked for a long time for the ability to close the hatch as well.
It's either a good change because it completely got rid of hatch standoffs, (also EGC looks and sounds kinda cool) or it's not a good or bad change. But it's definitely not a bad change imo, I never got the timing right for pulling a hatch grab so I'm not at a loss for seeing the feature gone.
It is hella awkward though, when you and the survivor sit on the hatch at the same time now. Because you know instead of waiting like before, now both of you are spamming your keyboards as fast as possible to see which the game registers first, the hatch close or the hatch escape. It can sometimes feel a bit funky like you should have got it but it's not like you can see how fast your opponent is really going at his / her keyboard so you can't tell, otherwise it's fine.
Cant grab, but can close the hatch faster than they can jump in. (Evil laughs)
It was only a good change for Killers. *shrug*
Well, the point that there is no more hatch standoff is unquestionable as a good thing.
So I can't grab the survivor if we both get to hatch at nearly same time and they are jumping in? that does kind of suck, but the killer does have a lot of power in this situation since they can shut it.
I would say that it's overall a good change, I just wish we could grab survivors with keys off the hatch so that they wouldn't escape in our faces.
If hatch grab comes back then closing the hatch has to be removed, otherwise the hatch would be more of a menace to survivors than anything.
#########, I can't read. Thought it was a complaint about not being able to grab survivors, which eas a great change
Had to go #4, not because I like hatch grab, although I miss hatch stand offs occasionally. But I do not like the way they changed the hatch mechanic now either.
If a survivor has a key it's a free escape. I love the hatch stand off removal but i think the killer should be able to grab, also imo nor killer or survivor should be able to bodyblock hatch.
Finally, we can put the game to a close.
nice change but i think there should be a eprk where you can grab surviors as they go out hatch so if surviors t bag there in for a suprise