He let me go..
Interesting game last night. Playing SWF (myself with 2 friends) against the huntress. Got down to just me left and 1 gen or find the hatch. The map was fairly small and I ran most of the map looking for the hatch. Well, after a couple minutes of running around I bump into the killer and I get downed. I start wiggling and the killer drops me right next to the hatch and I escape. Im not sure if it was intentional or not but I just went for it. I thought it was kind of funny and thought I would share this with everyone lol
Comments
This has happened to me several times, some killers don't care about the 4k and will just give the last person hatch.
Most of the time I just hook the third person and go around breaking gens and pallets while the last guy finds the hatch. If I finish all that and he still isn't gone, I'll try to hunt him down. After that, it depends... If I think he was trying to hold the game hostage, hook. If I think he just couldn't find the hatch, hatch.
I do this if there are dc's and/or they don't troll during the game.
however if i can tell you're a new player i will give you the hatch every time and kill the rest of your team.
Like this once i had a meg who was rank 20, no perks, never looked behind during a chase, missed every skill check and never once dropped a pallet... I was so happy and thought it was the most adorable thing i have ever seen in this game. I killed off the rest of the team and raced with her around the map till finally gave her hatch
For me, it comes down to how the game goes. Two matches in particular come to mind. One was at the preschool. One person dced in the loading screen, and two other quit shortly after. I mean, at that point, it's not even a game anymore. I found the dwight, got him working on gens, then threw him in the hatch. It wouldn't have been fun, it wouldn't even have been very hard to kill him. But there's no fun in that: Not everything in this game is about competition and challenge, but when absolutely none is present, what's the point?
The other one was more or less in the same boat. A SWF group (both female super hero names, very obvious), I was playing wraith at the red forest. I found one of the SWF a few seconds after the match started, and both that one, and the other, DCed immediately (to save her purple key). After that, me and the other pair just ended up farming with me. I mean, we couldn't really have a real game with two DCs within 30 seconds.
DCs. Honestly, that's my biggest problem with this game.
Flashlight clickers, however, get hooked NEXT to the hatch as opposed to being dropped on it though.
I main Nurse.
But I always let Laurie players have the hatch
I had a doc give me the hatch a few games ago. It was the first time anyone ever did. First guy that got down and went in basement dc'd. I finished a gen just in time for another person going for the rescue to get downed. Instead of saving or attempting to save while the Doc was on me the third person dc'd. Basement person seeing me get hit, gave up on hook. I was downed right next to the hatch so the Doc gave it to me.
I'm only nice to the survivors if there are DC's, but instead of giving them the hatch I take them to the next generator (while I stand a good amount of distance away) and then take them to the exit and let them escape so they can get some more BP's.
It happend to me serveral times, mostly on games that were either really good and interesting, or basicly over in the begining, due to disconnects, or people just giving up when hooked for the first time.
I don´t expect it from a killer. In a good game, he deserved the kill. in a bad game, i just want it to end anyway.
Yet, that gift is appreciated.
It happend to me serveral times, mostly on games that were either really good and interesting, or basicly over in the begining, due to disconnects, or people just giving up when hooked for the first time.
I don´t expect it from a killer. In a good game, he deserved the kill. in a bad game, i just want it to end anyway.
Yet, that gift is appreciated.
Stuff like this is why I enjoy Dead by Daylight so much. Sure, as the killer your objective is to run around on a crazed murder spree. However, you can decide to just try to farm the survivors if you please. You will always have the freedom of deciding how you will play the match. Survivors can be a gen rushing unit using the power of numbers to overwhelm the killer's ability to control or a meme squad of pizza boys. The game gives you freedom, something not all games do.
WhY DoNt ThE DEvS RemOVe ThE HaTcH?
jusg run up to them squat and nod my head. Kill me please.
Up until recently, this was my favourite part about playing a killer. When I get to do something fun, like dropping someone at the exit gates or hatch, it makes my day. Especially if I feel a survivor was unjustly hindered by a teammate or was really, really unlucky.
I didn't even mind a little fun and games at the gates - if you're crouching and taunting me from the gates then I just consider it a loss. You already beat me, so I'd play a bit and get the odd strike in, but never kill.
However, most of that joy and sense of fair play has been driven out of me now.
It's probably intentional for different reasons:
Some killers do it if they find a survivor playing good but his team pretty much sucked or killed themselves.
Nice gesture
Some killers do it to avoid double pip, to stay away from red ranks
I do the same many times as a survivor, if a killer was being fun i look for him instead of finding the hatch and i let him decide if he wants a 4k or not.