Yeah Devs, You dont favor survivors at allllll

Polish_20200312_225518447.png

This was a badham, They got 4 and a half gens done before I got a down and my power.

I then played out of my mind and barley got 2 dead and regressed all the gens.

Then someone dcd, allowing one to escape and I get a black pip and 2 kills to my record.

This isn't bannable and survivors do it every game.

This can literally guarantee at least 1 escapes almost every game and hasn't been fixed, despite having been brought to attention multiple times.

DC penalties dont fix this as good survivors can do it the once or twice they lose a day.

So please explain to me again how you dont favor survivors?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I feel people are really missing the point here. He's complaining that even tho he got the "3k", because one of those was a DC, he loses a Pip when normally he would have just gone neutral, and survivors DCing like this is very common in the higher ranks, to the point it can really piss killers off. Way to make a mountain of a molehill, jeez.

  • Im of 2 minds on this one. Firstly, it sounds like OP just had a rough game. Badham is a pretty fun map with most of the pallets being playable. It happens. Secondly though, alot of ppl are saying OP is whining that he didnt get a 4k. In actuality, OP managed to get a nice comeback and feels cheated out of any legitamate attempt at doing any better since 1 person DCed, which gave the last person hatch.

    And finally...so many ppl saying this is a 3k even though I only see 2 skulls. Y'all wanna see my collection of "3ks" that dont show 3 skulls?

    20191006120145_1.jpg 20191029214059_1.jpg 20191031125723_1.jpg

    Didnt even SEE any of these survivors, but apparently if someone DCes for whatever reason... I should take it as a kill. None of these guys stayed in the game for a whole minute btw.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155922#Comment_1155922

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155927#Comment_1155927

    The issue isn't that I didn't 4k, if one would've escaped through hatch normally I wouldn't mind, this however guaranteed it and imo that unfair asf.

    Yeah, DCing to give the last guy the hatch is pretty scummy. I'd like to see them address that at some point


  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156508#Comment_1156508

    But he would have 4k'd and he didn't because of "hatch tech". Being robbed of 2 kills is not killer entitlement. The fact that so many killers complain about this and nothing has been done about it shows that the devs are survivor sided. If there's a game breaking bug or feature that hurts survivors, it's fixed within the month and bans are given out to killers who abuse it.

    In this scenario the survivors completed 90% of their objectives before the killer was able to take a single one of them down. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. The killer had an ability activate at that point that still gave him the opportunity for a 4k despite being outplayed to that point. As a matter of fact if a survivor had not abused the hatch mechanic he likely would have gotten a 4k.

    In other words the specific ability to exploit the hatch mechanic is survivor sided. At the same time the ability to have a perk activate that gives a killer the potential to get a 4k after being outplayed the whole match is killer sided.

    All I am doing is pointing out I could use the same scenario and make an argument that the game is survivor sided one hand and killer sided on the other.

  • @Fibijean said:

    So the survivors got almost all of their objective completed and you got a 2K? Sounds like matchmaking is doing its job for once.

    Under a different circumstance, I'd agree with this. From what OP said however, he managed to get QUITE the comeback and feels cheated out of further kills due to a DC into the hatch. Thats like having a rough football game, only to have a massive comeback in the last quarter. The score is tied, theres room for 1 last play and the ball is at the 5 yd line. Right before you can yell HIKE, someone on the other team snatches the ball, shoves a knife into it and tells you to be grateful for your tie cuz the game is now over.

    Like I said though, If OP had to work his butt off against a team and kill 2, while the other 2 managed to escape out the gates... I'd agree with your sentiment. Thats not what happened though and its fair to feel cheated that someone "stabbed the ball" before you could do any better. Theres no counterplay to something like this that couldve been done. By that, I dont mean the rough match that OP described, but the DC into hatch.

  • @DingusGinger said:

    I literally made an account to post this. You are a rank 1 killer, yeah you're probably good, I don't know, but seriously, you're not going to win every match you play. Just like not all survivors are going to win. I'm down at rank 6 and there are plenty of times I don't escapse. Killers gotta kill, and survivors gotta survive. It's how it be 😄

    Lowkey though, all the wholesome people are down in the low ranks, as you get past rank 12, people start to get a little mean. After rank 5 it's even worse. Y'all need to calm a tit.

    I literally just made a post saying that green ranks is like tree he best place to be

  • Notice how you still got 3 kills. Stop complaining.

    If you REALLY think the devs favor one side, play both.

  • No lmao, quite the opposite, they make killers OP, i can log and 4k 24/7, duznt matter how long of a break ive taken, as survivor its a struggle, the only thing they have is looping, and its totally one sided looping takes a lot and then one mistake that killer camping/tunneling u (both OP) bcuz its not penalized in the slightest, might lose a tiny fraction of rank points but can still 4K easily, nothing causes the killer to lose and the devs specifically sed "they won't do anything about camping 'its a legit strategy' yaaa right, they favor survivor??? Ahaha as if, the fact that the only way to beat a killer is if every survivor in the lobby knows the OP counter 'aka' looping, the killer is faster 100% of the time, they can cover so much of the map, duznt take long to find out wer survivors r workin on gens, devs favor killer, there is soooo much i would change about this game to make it balanced, fyi, i play both killer and survivor, it takes absolutely no effort to win as killer

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    Notice how you still got 3 kills. Stop complaining.

    If you REALLY think the devs favor one side, play both.

    A D/c is not and will never be equivalent to a kill

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156093#Comment_1156093

    Under a different circumstance, I'd agree with this. From what OP said however, he managed to get QUITE the comeback and feels cheated out of further kills due to a DC into the hatch. Thats like having a rough football game, only to have a massive comeback in the last quarter. The score is tied, theres room for 1 last play and the ball is at the 5 yd line. Right before you can yell HIKE, someone on the other team snatches the ball, shoves a knife into it and tells you to be grateful for your tie cuz the game is now over.

    Like I said though, If OP had to work his butt off against a team and kill 2, while the other 2 managed to escape out the gates... I'd agree with your sentiment. Thats not what happened though and its fair to feel cheated that someone "stabbed the ball" before you could do any better. Theres no counterplay to something like this that couldve been done. By that, I dont mean the rough match that OP described, but the DC into hatch.

    Yeah, he totally describes an annoying and frustrating outcome. But then he points at it as evidence of an unbalanced game, and that's the part I have a bit of a problem with. Yes, that situation was frustrating BS, yes the game is very frequently skewed in balance and treatment.. but the connection between those two is tenuous, and this definitely isn't a glaring example you can point at and scream "PROOOF!!!" which the title seems to imply.


    Seems the just reward for the real situation we're discussing below that might be dummy ai killers to fill in the gaps, let all the people who think they deserve to just fix all the gens in 1:30 and walk out do that, with nobody being mean and chasing them around. Enjoy your logical conclusion to the situation you applauded!

    Handicaps of some kind to tip scales toward the middle of any major skill imbalances might make things feel less crappy too... Though that does seem like it'd run into the problem of metrics and of people gaming the system, so.. meh.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Im of 2 minds on this one. Firstly, it sounds like OP just had a rough game. Badham is a pretty fun map with most of the pallets being playable. It happens. Secondly though, alot of ppl are saying OP is whining that he didnt get a 4k. In actuality, OP managed to get a nice comeback and feels cheated out of any legitamate attempt at doing any better since 1 person DCed, which gave the last person hatch.

    And finally...so many ppl saying this is a 3k even though I only see 2 skulls. Y'all wanna see my collection of "3ks" that dont show 3 skulls?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/440/AAI1A28IVMYE.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/573/0ZCLPRXCEID9.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/113/AHNDP3MXZ10O.jpg

    Didnt even SEE any of these survivors, but apparently if someone DCes for whatever reason... I should take it as a kill. None of these guys stayed in the game for a whole minute btw.

    Inb4 "you must have caused them to quit somehow even tho what you said is different"

    I agree tho

    A D/c is not equivalent to a kill. It is not and will never be imo, until a D/c fills up to a 3 hook kill.

    These people just wanna make a D/C a kill, when it isnt.

  • @p1ague said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156763#Comment_1156763

    Yeah, he totally describes an annoying and frustrating outcome. But then he points at it as evidence of an unbalanced game, and that's the part I have a bit of a problem with. Yes, that situation was frustrating BS, yes the game is very frequently skewed in balance and treatment.. but the connection between those two is tenuous, and this definitely isn't a glaring example you can point at and scream "PROOOF!!!" which the title seems to imply.

    Seems the just reward for the real situation we're discussing below that might be dummy ai killers to fill in the gaps, let all the people who think they deserve to just fix all the gens in 1:30 and walk out do that, with nobody being mean and chasing them around. Enjoy your logical conclusion to the situation you applauded!

    Handicaps of some kind to tip scales toward the middle of any major skill imbalances might make things feel less crappy too... Though that does seem like it'd run into the problem of metrics and of people gaming the system, so.. meh.

    Or they could also make a husk system for disconnects so the hatch doesn't instantly open

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    "I got a 3k but I still want to complain"

    Thats what I read

    It's crazy! It's like if a killer doesn't kill everyone, or a survivor outsmarted them and escaped, they whine and scream bloody murder. Guess what? We're not going to have perfect trials all the time. It looks to me like you had a good round, just take it and move on.

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155920#Comment_1155920

    You did not play well at the start. It's expected that Oni will perform poorly before he gets his first hit, but normally that means 2 or 3 gens pop. So your start was below par, but as Oni is, you still got a 3k. You played very well at the end as what may as well be the "comeback killer" and won. I don't understand why you are complaining.

    Except that badham has at least 3 completely safe pallets all in the same area so 4 gens isnt really that crazy.

  • I'm sorry, but what's a black pip

  • So basically your putting it out there that your not good at this game, So the Devs should change the game so bad killers can get 4k's. This is why i cant stand this game, and no longer play it.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155918#Comment_1155918

    I played well, they made mistakes and still got got one out, took a pip, points and all because of a game mechanic I can do nothing about.

    Its fine you just have to learn how to let go games like these. You might be a bit newer to the game. Basically you killed over half the lobby and had a good match. Its fine and complaining doesn’t do anything in a game as casual as dead by daylight.

  • @xRem said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/674/8RFHX2K6GFAL.png

    This was a badham, They got 4 and a half gens done before I got a down and my power.

    I then played out of my mind and barley got 2 dead and regressed all the gens.

    Then someone dcd, allowing one to escape and I get a black pip and 2 kills to my record.

    This isn't bannable and survivors do it every game.

    This can literally guarantee at least 1 escapes almost every game and hasn't been fixed, despite having been brought to attention multiple times.

    DC penalties dont fix this as good survivors can do it the once or twice they lose a day.

    So please explain to me again how you dont favor survivors?

    One: It's your fault that you're woefully bad. You should probably delete the game if you cry about not being adequately sharp or mechanically-savvy enough to succeed. Two: You managed three kills, minus the ragequit. You should be happy.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156093#Comment_1156093

    Under a different circumstance, I'd agree with this. From what OP said however, he managed to get QUITE the comeback and feels cheated out of further kills due to a DC into the hatch. Thats like having a rough football game, only to have a massive comeback in the last quarter. The score is tied, theres room for 1 last play and the ball is at the 5 yd line. Right before you can yell HIKE, someone on the other team snatches the ball, shoves a knife into it and tells you to be grateful for your tie cuz the game is now over.

    Like I said though, If OP had to work his butt off against a team and kill 2, while the other 2 managed to escape out the gates... I'd agree with your sentiment. Thats not what happened though and its fair to feel cheated that someone "stabbed the ball" before you could do any better. Theres no counterplay to something like this that couldve been done. By that, I dont mean the rough match that OP described, but the DC into hatch.

    Well yes, DCs suck, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the devs being survivor sided. I made the comment that I did under the impression that the complaint had to do with generator repair speed and the fact that he didn't get a 3 or 4k as much as it did the DC. Upon reflection, I probably got that assumption from the title, because the title only makes sense if that's his argument.

    Reading over it again, the complaint seems to be that the DC guaranteed that someone would escape through the hatch, which makes no sense as evidence of developer bias but regardless, we don't even know whether that's the case or not. It may well be that if the killer had played better, he could have outplayed them still. And it also may well be that they would have got the hatch regardless. But again, neither has anything to do with the devs being survivor-sided, so I'm still a bit baffled as to what exactly his point is.

  • @qJYNXp said:

    No lmao, quite the opposite, they make killers OP, i can log and 4k 24/7, duznt matter how long of a break ive taken, as survivor its a struggle, the only thing they have is looping, and its totally one sided looping takes a lot and then one mistake that killer camping/tunneling u (both OP) bcuz its not penalized in the slightest, might lose a tiny fraction of rank points but can still 4K easily, nothing causes the killer to lose and the devs specifically sed "they won't do anything about camping 'its a legit strategy' yaaa right, they favor survivor??? Ahaha as if, the fact that the only way to beat a killer is if every survivor in the lobby knows the OP counter 'aka' looping, the killer is faster 100% of the time, they can cover so much of the map, duznt take long to find out wer survivors r workin on gens, devs favor killer, there is soooo much i would change about this game to make it balanced, fyi, i play both killer and survivor, it takes absolutely no effort to win as killer

    Whether people agree with me or not I don't care. Disconnecting was the only Power survivors had when killers were being idiots in camping and not allowing the game to be played the way it's meant to be played. now Killers can be as toxic as they want and you just have to deal with it. or ######### on the 1st hook. It wouldnt surprise me if they started penalizing players for killing themselves on the first hook. Moris are also unfair, what counter Do survivors have for those. the killer even gets to see what items survivors are going to bring into the game, all you have to do is bring Franklin's demise. but Killers don't want to run Franklin's demise because they think that it should be automatic. this game was built to be toxic.

  • @xRem said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/674/8RFHX2K6GFAL.png

    This was a badham, They got 4 and a half gens done before I got a down and my power.

    I then played out of my mind and barley got 2 dead and regressed all the gens.

    Then someone dcd, allowing one to escape and I get a black pip and 2 kills to my record.

    This isn't bannable and survivors do it every game.

    This can literally guarantee at least 1 escapes almost every game and hasn't been fixed, despite having been brought to attention multiple times.

    DC penalties dont fix this as good survivors can do it the once or twice they lose a day.

    So please explain to me again how you dont favor survivors?

    Gonna keep it real. It isnt you're just bad

  • Yet for some reason it counts as a kill... hm.

  • This content has been removed.
  • You're using the strongest build and addons for Oni, got nearly 30k points and effectively "won" despite playing horribly, and come to the forums to complain about it? Okay...

  • @DeafSlinger said:

    You're using the strongest build and addons for Oni, got nearly 30k points and effectively "won" despite playing horribly, and come to the forums to complain about it? Okay...

    #1 they threw almost every pallet instantly.

    #2 I count a "win" as a 4k.

  • @TinyMoon3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136986/yeah-devs-you-dont-favor-survivors-at-allllll

    Did you ever think the guy meant to dc? There are other reasons you know. The others are errors/bluescreens or their wifi connection failed. Not sure why u wanted to complain about a disconnecting survivor, it's so dumb. I dont get upset when a survivor dc's during a match.

    They had found hatch, the dc noise played and magically he wa right next to hatch with his buddy.

  • @whackamole said:

    Are you sure you're being honest?

    You say they got 4½ gens done before you downed a single player

    But the scores tell a different story. For a player to die with less than 10,000 BP means they were killed fast and never really played. I guess it's possible the person you killed just didn't contribute. If he'd helped on the gens alone he'd have made that much, plus being alive that long, skill checks, and of course evading you. As for getting your power, that's about you eating blood so it's on you.

    We all have bad games sometimes, but it seems like you're blaming the game.

    What I'm hearing is that you managed to get 3k with only half a gen for them to do.

    That doesn't tell me they favor survivors. That tells me it's so easy that you got 3 players with only ½ a gen as their job.

    It does suck the guy DCd. You lost a little bit of BP. But you still know you got 3 kills. How are you complaining if you got 3 kills?

    It's like that post that said killers complain if they don't get 4k.

    You won the game if you get brutal killer.

    As long as you hook everyone, you've done well. I played a game where I hooked everyone twice but only one person got the third hook. I KICKED ASS. They were a really well coordinated SWF and I had them losing their minds. It took ten minutes to do the last gen. To tell the truth, I'd prolly have gotten three of em but when the last gen popped, the unhooked survivor and savior went to one gate and the other went to the other. I went after the lone guy because I think it's rude to chase someone right off the hook.

    But the point is... I kicked ass! We all had a great match. I only killed one but I got like 70,000bp and I really gave em a run for their money.

    What is the obsession with 4k?

    And while it's possible the guy you killed at 8000bp just didn't participate in the game, part of me wonders if you just did him dirty. From my observation, any time someone dies with less than 10,000bp it's cuz the killer camped, tunneled, or mori'd them fast. So if you DID do him dirty maybe the guy DCd because you did him dirty, too.

    While DCing sucks, I find it mindboggling that you are complaining that it's too easy on survivors on a game where you killed 3 people. The DC only means you lost a little bp. You still know you got him. And in my experience, players don't dc when you play fairly. Is it possible you got shady because you felt desperate?

    Killers, you don't need 4kills to win.

    Brutal killer means you won.

    Horror movies USUALLY have a final girl.

    Someone getting away isn't a failure.

    The issue wasn't that I didn't 4k, my issue is that someone escaped without any form of counter or skill.

    If he'd opended a door or even used a key I wouldn't have minded as much.

  • This content has been removed.
  • 4man SWF=impossible to lose mode.


    BHVR"Totallz no one playz 4mans brah!"

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    4man SWF=impossible to lose mode.

    BHVR"Totallz no one playz 4mans brah!"

    Not sure if this ironic or not, but not all SWF plays incredibly sweaty or just for the intention to piss the killer off. Also not all all of them have great survivors.

  • @xRem said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/674/8RFHX2K6GFAL.png

    This was a badham, They got 4 and a half gens done before I got a down and my power.

    I then played out of my mind and barley got 2 dead and regressed all the gens.

    Then someone dcd, allowing one to escape and I get a black pip and 2 kills to my record.

    This isn't bannable and survivors do it every game.

    This can literally guarantee at least 1 escapes almost every game and hasn't been fixed, despite having been brought to attention multiple times.

    DC penalties dont fix this as good survivors can do it the once or twice they lose a day.

    So please explain to me again how you dont favor survivors?

    You clearly chase the first surviver for way to long

  • I got 1-2 pallets and left

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156763#Comment_1156763

    Well yes, DCs suck, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the devs being survivor sided. I made the comment that I did under the impression that the complaint had to do with generator repair speed and the fact that he didn't get a 3 or 4k as much as it did the DC. Upon reflection, I probably got that assumption from the title, because the title only makes sense if that's his argument.

    Reading over it again, the complaint seems to be that the DC guaranteed that someone would escape through the hatch, which makes no sense as evidence of developer bias but regardless, we don't even know whether that's the case or not. It may well be that if the killer had played better, he could have outplayed them still. And it also may well be that they would have got the hatch regardless. But again, neither has anything to do with the devs being survivor-sided, so I'm still a bit baffled as to what exactly his point is.

    Oh, for sure the devs survivor sided because someone DCed logic is kinda...out there.

  • Rank 1 who black pips a 3k game is mad? Dude probably dcd since the new meta is you downed him and went for a 4k. This would be a whole different post if you just hooked him. PS you're mad when you almost had a perfect game over a pip that means literally nothing especially at rank 1.

  • @six2midnight69 said:

    Rank 1 who black pips a 3k game is mad? Dude probably dcd since the new meta is you downed him and went for a 4k. This would be a whole different post if you just hooked him. PS you're mad when you almost had a perfect game over a pip that means literally nothing especially at rank 1.

    I wasn't even slugging for 4, I have zero issues with someone escaping via hatch or a door after someone dies.

    My issue is that he escaped with virtually no counter play and I was penalized for it.

  • @LintyScorpion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156406#Comment_1156406

    That doesn't matter, if you DC to give someone hatch, it's an exploit

    It's A LeGit sTrAteGy 😏 they took a penalty, for spite just to deny not just one but two kills, I think that's hilarious 😂😂 nobody wants to reward poor playing exepct poor players, this looks like an example of the system working perfectly to me

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156528#Comment_1156528

    In this scenario the survivors completed 90% of their objectives before the killer was able to take a single one of them down. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. The killer had an ability activate at that point that still gave him the opportunity for a 4k despite being outplayed to that point. As a matter of fact if a survivor had not abused the hatch mechanic he likely would have gotten a 4k.

    In other words the specific ability to exploit the hatch mechanic is survivor sided. At the same time the ability to have a perk activate that gives a killer the potential to get a 4k after being outplayed the whole match is killer sided.

    All I am doing is pointing out I could use the same scenario and make an argument that the game is survivor sided one hand and killer sided on the other.

    Its balanced in its brokenness lol

1 2 ›