Has the DC penalty been disabled?
I've had a couple of people tell me that they have dc'd during game but haven't received the penalty. does anyone know if this has been disabled?
Tagged:
Trusted
I've had a couple of people tell me that they have dc'd during game but haven't received the penalty. does anyone know if this has been disabled?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's entirely possible that the patch broke it in some way, hard to tell
Only on Xbox. The penalties themselves weren't disabled, but the dedicated servers as a whole (on which the penalties rely to function) were disabled due to a serious bug that as far as I'm aware is still in the process of being resolved.
maybe but this person got a penalty yesterday after the patch came out but today...nothing. Just glitchy maybe.
maybe its happening to PS4 then too or something else is going on.
Maybe. People shouldn't be able to disconnect on PS4 without a penalty. I would encourage them to report it, if I were you.
Just have to change profiles on consoles to avoid penalties
I didn't get a penalty after the game crashed on me. (I was in the middle of hooking someone and the game just went out)
yeah, a lot of people do this but now they don't seem to be handing out penalties at all at the moment so i don't know.
they must have disabled the penalties. i wonder if it's just an issue with PS4 or everyone.
I'm on Switch, but mine wasn't a disconnect. I thought for a moment they might've improved the system to detect crashes.
i disconnected 3 mins ago on PC and didn't get a penalty.
Its on pc to you can dc and get no penalty they had to have turned them off.
It's possible, but it's strange that they wouldn't have announced it if that's the case.
Maybe its just supposed to be short term, or maybe they dont want to return to survivors managing sweaty killers the old fashioned way.
That's a good point, actually. Perhaps they don't want to advertise the fact that they're disabled for fear of a rise in disconnection rates. There's still the possibility that it's just a widespread bug, though - I wonder if @MandyTalk or @Peanits might be able to shed some light on the issue.
They might have disabled them because a lot of people have been affected by the "rank update error" bug which kicks players from matches and still gives them a penalty.
That's been an issue for sometime now, and it comes under the points many raised before D/C penalities were even implemented. I doubt its the reason, but if it is, I'm getting visions of a merry go round.
I DC'd against a tunneling scratched mirror Myers yesterday. No penalty.