How to fix this crappy Anti Aliasing again? (FIXED!!!!!)

The anti-aliasing fix does not seem to work anymore post update.

Its all back to the same vague blurry mess, feels like I need to wear glasses or something.


Anyone figured out a fix for it yet?


EDIT the fix has been found:

I found this on the internet but I'm not at home yet so I can't test it. Can anyone confirm that this works?

You can fix this by doing the following: In the engine.ini file replace the following [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

with

[/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

All CREDIT to: arslaN

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2

    r.TemporalAASamples=64

    r.TemporalAASharpness=0.6

    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.3

    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4


    Copy this into the engine file if this does not work then behavior is actually dumb to "fix" this as its the only way to make the game not look like Garbage.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2

    r.TemporalAASamples=64

    r.TemporalAASharpness=0.6

    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.3

    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4

    Copy this into the engine file if this does not work then behavior is actually dumb to "fix" this as its the only way to make the game not look like Garbage.

    Thanks for the reply but I had it like this before, does not seem to work anymore, I mean let me know if it works for you but it doesnt for me atm

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1148682#Comment_1148682

    Thanks for the reply but I had it like this before, does not seem to work anymore, I mean let me know if it works for you but it doesnt for me atm

    That means its been patched out welp i guess get used to the game looking like crap

  • @Peanits Is this intended or is this a bug because if this is intended this is a HUGE mistake on your part that was the only way to make the game look good.

  • Does not even make sense to patch it out, the better version (temporal AA) of this already crappy post processing anti aliasing is simply part of the Unreal 4 engine, its build in.

    We are not even asking for the bare basic MSAA here, which has been a standart for gaming for so many gawd damn years, we are just asking to be able to use the superior build in version of the inferior post processing anti aliasing options....

  • my game looks so blurry and crappy , not to mention i get 40 fps instead of 60 :(

  • they need to do something, i can't see anyting.

  • same i am crying :(

  • It would be nice to get an official statement from behaviour about this. I like anti-aliasing in games when done correctly, but when they use this cheap method of just putting on a blurfilter over the screen, it just ruins the experience. It's the same thing in BFV.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As if seeing stuff as killer wasn't already hard enough and the low FOV already gave me motion sickness.

    Oh well. Even less of a reason to play killer now when it makes me feel like I need to go to the eye doctor to get a prescription for glasses.

    my thinking exactly

  • hard to believe the game is 4 years old and no graphic options in game

  • I found this on the internet but I'm not at home yet so I can't test it. Can anyone confirm that this works?

    You can fix this by doing the following: In the engine.ini file replace the following [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    with

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

  • @arslaN said:

    I found this on the internet but I'm not at home yet so I can't test it. Can anyone confirm that this works?

    You can fix this by doing the following: In the engine.ini file replace the following [/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

    with

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    DUDE

    DUDE!!!!!!!

    TOTALLY WORKED

  • The fact that something named GarbageCollectionSettings actually worked is kinda funny

  • Does this mean im also having blurry graphics ? I didnt notice any change after update. Please would you be so kind to post workaround in original post.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As if seeing stuff as killer wasn't already hard enough and the low FOV already gave me motion sickness.

    Oh well. Even less of a reason to play killer now when it makes me feel like I need to go to the eye doctor to get a prescription for glasses.

    Just use nvidia freestyle. Its impossible to see anything after they implemented second Yamaoka map.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1149510#Comment_1149510

    C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

    Go the the engine.ini file, in there paste the following:

    [/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2

    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2

    r.TemporalAASamples=64

    r.TemporalAASharpness=0.6

    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.3

    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4

    (without the spaces in between the lines, idk the forum here does that for my typing)

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/161650283057774595/687021023991824511/unknown.png

    Then put that file on "read only" by right clicking it and going for properties

    This worked fine for me. Thank you dude

  • blessings! this works so well.


    also anyone know if we can remove the start screen so it goes straight to the main menu?

  • How does it look on console? My game hasn't finished updating yet.

  • oh yeah, clean up the garbage! Kappa ๐Ÿ˜„

  • Any alteration to your own files is not something we promote on the forums, these are done purely at your own risk - if you do receive a ban for any altered files there's nothing that we can do to unban you.