Killer version of “first hook suicide?”

This isn’t meant to argue whether DC penalties are right, or to ask for penalties for first hook death because that isn’t coming anytime soon. But for killers if you are just DONE with a game what do you do?

Hide in a corner, hoping they just finish and leave? Myself I just stand by the door and the instant the last gen pops I open the door, then I have two minutes max left.

The scummier alternative I have seen is if they catch one person late and they know the game is over they just face camp.

Comments

  • Guessing you've never played against afk depipping wraith.

  • @Exerlin said:

    I think killers should be allowed to open an exit gate at any time.

    Why pigs would just open the gate whenever they have 3 people with active rbts

  • When I play Trapper and a team is being all scummy, I’ll open the gate the moment the final gen pops. Then I find a nearby patch of grass and trap it. Back up a couple steps and go “afk”. You know they can’t resist taunting, so they get closer and closer, spinning their little circles. “You can’t get me”. “Go ahead, try to hit me”. “look at m—SNAP!

    And off to the hook they go with a short EGC timer. This tactic pairs nicely with blood warden. 😈

  • @yobuddd said:

    When I play Trapper and a team is being all scummy, I’ll open the gate the moment the final gen pops. Then I find a nearby patch of grass and trap it. Back up a couple steps and go “afk”. You know they can’t resist taunting, so they get closer and closer, spinning their little circles. “You can’t get me”. “Go ahead, try to hit me”. “look at m—SNAP!

    And off to the hook they go with a short EGC timer. This tactic pairs nicely with blood warden. 😈

    Can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten people like this with BW, not trapper but other killers.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    It's neat on paper, but then you'd run into the issue of people immediately opening the gate at the start of the match to force not only themselves, but everyone in the match to derank.

    Then, Survivors just shouldn't be able derank in the scenario Killer opens an Exit Gate in like first 4 minutes.

  • @Exerlin said:

    I think killers should be allowed to open an exit gate at any time.

    So that trolls can start a game and immediately, or whenever they get too committed to one chase, send people back to a 10 minute wait?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I never give up as killer. If you have that mentality then your going to lose plenty of games that you could maybe win. You may get a bad map, against a good team, while playing as a bad killer but all it takes is one moment to win a game.

    Then we get into the definition of "winning" again in this game.

    Imo winning = having a fun match.

    If I have to sweat and play scummy till the end to get a 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k, then I did not win, I had a misserable time, but that is just my view, there is not set definition of winning in this game.

  • I only get this when I miss a hit to down a survivor because of autoaim or how the devs call it "aim dressing". But I never want to quiet the game, imo that shows how weak minded some ppl are. Never give up!

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    So that trolls can start a game and immediately, or whenever they get too committed to one chase, send people back to a 10 minute wait?

    You do understand WHY you have 10 minute queue times right? Just switch over and play killer for instant games, I mean killers are all babies who want 4K and the game is already easy for them anyways according to people who only play survivor side.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1146577#Comment_1146577

    Then we get into the definition of "winning" again in this game.

    Imo winning = having a fun match.

    If I have to sweat and play scummy till the end to get a 1k, 2k, 3k or 4k, then I did not win, I had a misserable time, but that is just my view, there is not set definition of winning in this game.

    Fair point, it does all depend on what you term a win. For me a win is a 4k or 3k with hatch. But my main goal every game is to get as much points as possible. So I want to 3 hook everyone every game which unfortunately can't happen. I don't camp and don't tunnel unless I need to eliminate someone from the match.

    But I've seen many games where the killer wins of just one good moment. Whether it be downing someone near the hooked survivor or finding a strong 3 gen. I think as killer if you have the attitude "I'm not going to win, I want to leave" then your never going to become a great killer.

  • It would be very cool if a killer could just put a flag up or sound a alarm. There are alot of situations where certain survivors played so terribly that punishing the rest is legit boring. I would like to have a way to communicate that I'm giving survivors a rest and then the survivors could respond with a communication for the killer to resume. If they don't communicate it then killer can alert survivors that he will be resuming.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147750#Comment_1147750

    Fair point, it does all depend on what you term a win. For me a win is a 4k or 3k with hatch. But my main goal every game is to get as much points as possible. So I want to 3 hook everyone every game which unfortunately can't happen. I don't camp and don't tunnel unless I need to eliminate someone from the match.

    But I've seen many games where the killer wins of just one good moment. Whether it be downing someone near the hooked survivor or finding a strong 3 gen. I think as killer if you have the attitude "I'm not going to win, I want to leave" then your never going to become a great killer.

    This is true, lots of survivors blow their loss on first couple gens because they spawn together then later no coordination and panic after being hooked

  • I choose one survivor and keep chasing him no matter what. Just to try to improve my 1vs1.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    It's neat on paper, but then you'd run into the issue of people immediately opening the gate at the start of the match to force not only themselves, but everyone in the match to derank.

    I thought the rank didn't meant much.

    But who cares about rank anyway ?

    I mean...

    nice matchmaking lol.png

    I don't mean to be pushy, but...

    I was about ~10h played on record.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    It's neat on paper, but then you'd run into the issue of people immediately opening the gate at the start of the match to force not only themselves, but everyone in the match to derank.

    Good? A survivor sucidiing on hook isn't much better. I really don't see why survivors get the ability to surrender in the game, but the Killer is expected to deal with having 0 fun, and being abused? If not they are forced to wait out till the 4 survivors finish the gens - when they choose too.

    I literally just had a game today where I could tell it was a 4man swf with two OoO's, and I tried to afk to let them finish the gens - get out, and move on another match hopefully more fun, but they just took the game hostage just to farm. I had to come back, finally chase one person down, and then camp them on hook to force the survivors to finish the last 2 gens, and then I could finally open the door.

    You think this is fair? You think this is fun?

    I am really starting to see why everyone say's playing Killer is the worst experience on Dead by Daylight.

    Also think about the fact that since Killer is so awful to play, the good killers just get to red rank then stop playing Killer. So should the newer, less experienced killers be forced to deal with this treatment because they are not able to surrender?

  • Unfortunatly the closest thing you have to "first hook suicide" is finding, downing, and hooking 1 survivor. Then camp him until the survivors hopefully finish the gens. Then once the last gen is finished open the door and afk for 2 minutes.

  • Or you could just suck it up, continue trying to get points and/or kills out of the game, accept the loss, take a breather then move onto the next game.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    It's neat on paper, but then you'd run into the issue of people immediately opening the gate at the start of the match to force not only themselves, but everyone in the match to derank.

    yes so did survivors.

    They can kill themself from first hook to make killer depip.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1145936#Comment_1145936

    It's neat on paper, but then you'd run into the issue of people immediately opening the gate at the start of the match to force not only themselves, but everyone in the match to derank.

    That's already an Issue for Killers tho If a survivor DCs or gives up on the hook. You could always Just make it so if a Killer opens the gates before all generators have been repaired it's an automatic safety pip for Survivors.

  • Can we as killers have a step ladder so we can one hook ourselves when the match starts.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    This isn’t meant to argue whether DC penalties are right, or to ask for penalties for first hook death because that isn’t coming anytime soon. But for killers if you are just DONE with a game what do you do?

    Hide in a corner, hoping they just finish and leave? Myself I just stand by the door and the instant the last gen pops I open the door, then I have two minutes max left.

    The scummier alternative I have seen is if they catch one person late and they know the game is over they just face camp.

    I go into the basement and 'guard' the chest.

1 2 ›