As Killer, Ormond is the worst, a plethora of safe loops between safe filler pallets, and a main building that gives the Myers House a run for its money. It feels like fractured cowshed's loops around the Myers house rather than an empty field. For survivor, definitely Pale Rose, finding totems is a nightmare, there are so many dead zones and visibility is incredibly poor, I always feel I have to stick to the docks and shack since every other place spawns with 1 pallet.
Idk, I just don't like playing on Pale Rose and Grim Pantry. As a Killer, the Gens are normally far apart and there is this God Loop in the main building on Grim Pantry. As a Survivor, there are few Pallets and vaults. There are some pretty cool hiding spots though.
The Game is safe pallet heaven when you're killer, with RNG dead ends that will randomly end your life as survivor. Plus it's insanely claustrophobic and tremendously unfun all around.
And Hawkins is the opposite. Every pallet is unsafe, but there's a million of them, and the hallways are miniscule so you can't use half the killers in the game's power. Plus more RNG rooms.
Just delete every indoor map. Lery's isn't bad, but it's still not great either.
I can't see auras on that stupid map. Any hex perks that I would usually defend are now defenseless because I can't even see them. Also the loops and the main building are both ridiculously survivor sided, at least crotus penn has a big dead zone and mediocre loops outside of its stupid main building. And for some reason all four survivors spawn together in the shack so much and finish the gen before a killer can even reach it.
I cant see people on this map. On Coldwind maps I can see through corn, but Yamaoka is so dark that the foliage hides them even better to the point of being invisible. I played a hide and seek gamemode in customs, and the winner of my seeker match picked Yamaoka as the next map (the survivor who lasted the longest gets to choose the map, while the first one to die gets to be seeker). The next seeker literally gave up because that map is broken for a gamemode like that, and now that map is banned for good reason.
My point? Yamaoka needs to be fixed before other maps. Bedham is a close second, next to Haddonfield and Ormond.
I despise dark maps in general, including Lery’s. If I can barely see the Survivor I’m chasing or the pallet I’m trying to rush to, then you have a problem. Not to mention that playing against stealthy Survivors on dark maps is nearly impossible. I had one match as Clown where I got no downs the entire match and only three or four chases because I could not see anything and all the Survivors did was hide.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I despise both Pale Rose and Grim Pantry, but especially Pale Rose makes me depressed. Don't really know why I hate them so much.
I don´t like how you put all the inside maps together, as they´re quite different. I absolutely loathe The Game, but I like Lery´s and Hawkins.
Springwood preschool loop is so annoying, please can we have a different set up now and then?
Haddonfield is 💩
As a killer, Ormond is just too bright and hard to identify scratch marks.
The Yamaoka estate and sanctum can eat ######### with its tall ass grass bullshit and horrid pallet loops.
CORN
Its The Game map for me. My playstyle doesnt really sit well with that map.
Lery's and Hawkins are aight. The new look on Lery's is SICK though. Been having allot of fun on that map.
I hate autohaven. Also coldwind
Haddonfield. I hate to play it as survivor and killer. Hawkins and Ormond are pretty high on that list too.
I tend to get very lost in asylum maps ;-; I am into spacious maps, seeing from afar
I despise Backwater as Killer AND Survivor. I also do not like Haddonfield or Springwood for Killer and Survivor as well.
As Killer, Ormond is the worst, a plethora of safe loops between safe filler pallets, and a main building that gives the Myers House a run for its money. It feels like fractured cowshed's loops around the Myers house rather than an empty field. For survivor, definitely Pale Rose, finding totems is a nightmare, there are so many dead zones and visibility is incredibly poor, I always feel I have to stick to the docks and shack since every other place spawns with 1 pallet.
Dead man saloon
I'VE GOTTEN BACKWATER SWAMP FIVE TIMES IN A ROW. no.
Please delete Yamaoka maps. They’re the absolute worst. I wanna die every time I load into a Yamaoka map.
Idk, I just don't like playing on Pale Rose and Grim Pantry. As a Killer, the Gens are normally far apart and there is this God Loop in the main building on Grim Pantry. As a Survivor, there are few Pallets and vaults. There are some pretty cool hiding spots though.
The Game is safe pallet heaven when you're killer, with RNG dead ends that will randomly end your life as survivor. Plus it's insanely claustrophobic and tremendously unfun all around.
And Hawkins is the opposite. Every pallet is unsafe, but there's a million of them, and the hallways are miniscule so you can't use half the killers in the game's power. Plus more RNG rooms.
Just delete every indoor map. Lery's isn't bad, but it's still not great either.
I had to go with yamaoka, on all systems but the ps4 the new one is far too dark. It benefits none except stealthy claudettes.
I can't see auras on that stupid map. Any hex perks that I would usually defend are now defenseless because I can't even see them. Also the loops and the main building are both ridiculously survivor sided, at least crotus penn has a big dead zone and mediocre loops outside of its stupid main building. And for some reason all four survivors spawn together in the shack so much and finish the gen before a killer can even reach it.
It's hard to navigate in this place. I've gotten used to the swamp but this place makes me groan 10x worse.
######### CORN. I CAN'T SEE #########
I cant see people on this map. On Coldwind maps I can see through corn, but Yamaoka is so dark that the foliage hides them even better to the point of being invisible. I played a hide and seek gamemode in customs, and the winner of my seeker match picked Yamaoka as the next map (the survivor who lasted the longest gets to choose the map, while the first one to die gets to be seeker). The next seeker literally gave up because that map is broken for a gamemode like that, and now that map is banned for good reason.
My point? Yamaoka needs to be fixed before other maps. Bedham is a close second, next to Haddonfield and Ormond.
Haddonfield.ugh
Way too gigantic.
I say this with no hesitation
Fu^^ Hawkins
Shelter Woods.
I just hate Ormond. Just aesthetic wise and gameplay wise not that great.
Hawkins, I just hate it. It's too confusing
I like NOT playing in a maze, thank you very much.
Since there is no stinky Saloon option, i go for the Indoor maps. I hate them, as Survivor and Killer equaly.
I despise dark maps in general, including Lery’s. If I can barely see the Survivor I’m chasing or the pallet I’m trying to rush to, then you have a problem. Not to mention that playing against stealthy Survivors on dark maps is nearly impossible. I had one match as Clown where I got no downs the entire match and only three or four chases because I could not see anything and all the Survivors did was hide.
Springwood is a walking pile of flaming dogshit.