Why some nerfs are buffs?
Just realized that, bhvr want to nerf tool boxes but it's more a buff than a nerf since they will use more add ons to increase charges and eficiency. Same thing when they nerfed decisive strike, now survivors have 1-2mins free to do anything.
Comments
Because if they overall nerfed it. Nobody would run it... Do you run useless addons on killer? No I wonder why...
As for DS in my games at least every second game someone tunnels me. Now tell me how is DS unfair?
It's a nerf in my eyes when it comes to generators. There’s not a lot of charges and base toolboxes go extremely fast, with perks like PGTW, Ruin, and TT, they’re really meh early to mid game.
Sabotaging on the other hand, yeah that’s gonna need some changes. Sabotaging is so broken especially with the new sabotage perk and break out. That’s also not including SWF.
Because BHVR only cares about the money survivors bring in while trying to keep killers around with scraps and pretend 'buffs'.
You mean like they do to killers and killer perks? Its very rare for a survivor perk or item that dosen't get buffed in some other way to compensate for the nerf. Its rare if its done at all for a killer, and if so, not usually in a way that actually helps the killer.
I see that differently, overall the toolboxes give less but the full extend of what they give is given faster.
So specifically for those perks mentioned, these toolbox changes are going to help, the specifically help you quickly boost your progress on the gen a bit before the killer has the tiem to get to you to kick it.
Couple that to the fact that you dont even have to mind the usage bar anymore because items no longer get consumed on full usage..... I think its just going to make life a lot worse for killers.
Lets not forget how fast gens already go without toolbox usage.
Scenario: game starts, 4 survivors on 4 gens, 1 gets followed, 2 or 3 gens pop, the one gen not done gets PGTW'ed, survivors are now aware this is in play and deploy the toolbox when they need a little boost to complete the gen before the killer gets there.
i hope you are only kiddin. BHVR care about the money but also cares about the game, if there are no killers survivors will start leaving the game making then sell less cosmetics
Go ahead and nerf toolboxes to the point where no one uses them see if i care. This will cause increase in flashlights, medkits and keys.
I hook a survivor. I down another one in 20 seconds because he messed up. I hook him. Some 4head tries to save the same survivor in front of me and got grabbed. I hook him. First survivor gets saved. First survivor goes for a save himself. I hit him to avoid DS. BT. I down him after the save. Still can't pick him up, because of DS. Unbreakable. GG EZ
TLDR: DS removes killer momentum. Killers got no press on a button to make a gen undone.
I think it's because BHVR has no idea how to balance their own game.
Patch 1.9.2
I rest my case.
The meta definitely seems to be tunneling now. I even started the ds unbreakable combo myself.
"now".
It has always been like that. Killers just pretend that they "adapt" their playstyle because of the Ruin-Nerf. It is the easiest way to reduce the number of Survivors to 3 as soon as possible, because the game is not balanced for 3v1. So yeah, this is the reason why something like DS needs to exist, because tunneling one Survivor out of the game after their first hook is simply the most effective way for a Killer.
Nerf toolboxes into spare parts which can be reused each trial and to sabo hooks extra fast...
Sure there are other add-ons which stun killers to drop survivors, ultra fast medkits and a get out of jail key.
Before you ask I play survivor now
Yeah I certainly see why it is done. Just keep working on my looping I guess
Or you know, people need to go for well thought out saves, and when leaving a hook plan out a route and don't just leave scratch marks willy nilly.