What Killer Should i learn next? (Console)

Alright figured Id make a thread about what killer I should learn and play alot more of.

Currently I main myers and legion and I do really well with both.

I tend to like to learn killers who are less used or somewhat hard to learn, yeah I know, a decent amount of players play myers but im a huge hallowen fan! As for legion I love him because despite everyone calling him trash, I tend to do quite well with him most of the time, also another reason I like him is I dont see many people play as him when I play survivor (still an ok amount tho) .

Anyways yeah thats the backstory so heres the killers im thinking about and why.

Demogorgon - I already have him p1 and I barely see anyone play him at all besides streamers, problem is I tend to always get genrushed as him as im not able to reliably apply pressure, or use his portals effectively, im starting to get better at pouncing from watching a good YouTube guide on it, but im still not good enough, so all in all Demo seems like you need good practice with to make use out of his Shredding ability and not many people use him which attracts me to him, leaning most towards him. Side note: which cosmetic hides his pale body better from a distance, Twisted Demo or P3?

Huntress - I need to check but I believe she is p2 for me. Oh huntress, shes tons of fun, and recently after lowering her sensitivity to 20 (only when playing her), ive gotten alot better at my hatchet throws. Shes so good because shes not addon reliant like wraith can sometimes be (i love wraith btw) but her downsides is she can be soooooo map reliant. Still ive been loving playin her recently.

Deathslinger - He is new, of course, ive watched the videos, read the forums, yeah i know his weaknesses, but he looks like tons of fun. I foresee him also being a underused killer for console as well. But the thing is, hes alot less map reliant because he has no windup tho haddonfield can torture him at times, he has stealth capabilities with his low TR and no humming, he is almost in a round about way a combo between Myers, Legion, and huntress for me because of deep wounds, low tr, and a ability to hit people from a distance. Still a bit iffy on him but oh well thats why im posting here.

Oni - ok lastly Im thinkin on oni, ive not put in alot of time on oni and he is only level 40 something for me. But, with oni I can destroy SWFs because his snowball potential is like Myers on crack, alot of people compare him to billy which of course is obvious but ive seen no one compare him to myers, just think of it, they both have a horrible early game, both have to charge their power, both excel at snowballing from their power once they obtain it, and onis quiet TR can make him sneak up on people alot more then other killers with a TR of his size making monitor a dang good choice on him. The only problem is, im starting to see more people use him which i guess isnt really a problem lmfao, his cosmetics are really cool and hes not addon reliant nor map reliant as much as billy can be anyways bc he doesnt bump into walls like billy.


Anyways thanks to anyone who took the time to read my post. Leave down your thoughts down below, maybe some of you guys can help me decide as im always so indecisive about everything.

Comments

  • Oni would be fun to learn, but unfortunately we can't take advantage of his flick like PC players can

  • This will seem stupid but please try hag. Yes she can be hard to MASTER but not at all hard to LEARN. My first game went terrible because I didn't place traps every 20m of each other, honestly it works. Second game was a blast! Remember to trap places where survivors are going to run to. L walls, behind pallets or at god windows. Even in dead zones!

  • TBH, if you want to learn Oni you may as well just play Billy. You don't NEED to use his saw.

    Huntress is harder on console, but if you've found a way to make her better for you, that's great. Huntress is underrated on console because of the difficulty to play her.

    Demogorgon can do well, but he's high skill for low reward. Good killer, but there is the major problem of too many audio notifications.

    Deathslinger could be good. Unfortunately we don't get access to the PTB to go and test out anything. We'll literally just have to wait until his release and purchase him in order to see just how good he is.

  • Huntress is tough on console and if Deathslinger is gonna stay the same he's gonna be worse. Save yourself the headache and play demogorgon or oni. I play red ranks on console too and I seem to do just fine with them.

  • @kreeper124 said:

    Oni would be fun to learn, but unfortunately we can't take advantage of his flick like PC players can

    No no oni is actually a monster on console you can do the 90 degree flicks!

    @Pyras_Sundown said:

    This will seem stupid but please try hag. Yes she can be hard to MASTER but not at all hard to LEARN. My first game went terrible because I didn't place traps every 20m of each other, honestly it works. Second game was a blast! Remember to trap places where survivors are going to run to. L walls, behind pallets or at god windows. Even in dead zones!

    Hmm thats a good idea bc not many players play hag on console, i almost never play vs her and when I do I usually tend to get destroyed by her bc she always catches me off gaurd and I never know when its safe to walk, run and when to crouch xD but i know to crouch at hook so yeah. Perk-wise i was thinking agitation because ive noticed a glaring weakness is when shes carrying to hook survs tend to activate your traps and this helps u spend less time carrying to hooks, save the best for last for the quick teleport 2 tap hits, monitor for the low tr, and corrupt to help setup the map. Do you play hag on console? Last i played her, her frame rate was absolute garbage when teleporting so i havent played her since.

    @PigMainClaudette said:

    TBH, if you want to learn Oni you may as well just play Billy. You don't NEED to use his saw.

    Huntress is harder on console, but if you've found a way to make her better for you, that's great. Huntress is underrated on console because of the difficulty to play her.

    Demogorgon can do well, but he's high skill for low reward. Good killer, but there is the major problem of too many audio notifications.

    Deathslinger could be good. Unfortunately we don't get access to the PTB to go and test out anything. We'll literally just have to wait until his release and purchase him in order to see just how good he is.

    You under estimate Oni my dude, he has decent built in tracking as well, yeah hes similar to billy but still hes scary!

    Oh yeah been liking her recently here, people tend to underestimate you as huntress and get cocky and make mistakes then get destroyed lol its so fun. Tbh shes great.

    I would agree with you there..survivors can hear the instant he hits someone, teleport, or even walks nearby, any decent swf group or coordinator survivors in general will instantly hop onto a gen immediately when hearing this, I mean its what I do when versing Demo.

    @TKTK said:

    Huntress is tough on console and if Deathslinger is gonna stay the same he's gonna be worse. Save yourself the headache and play demogorgon or oni. I play red ranks on console too and I seem to do just fine with them.

    Shes tough, but good. Just map dependant and tougher on console of course. And im not too worried about deathslinger being a headache i just hope he gets a buff somewhere at least

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129817#Comment_1129817

    No no oni is actually a monster on console you can do the 90 degree flicks!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129821#Comment_1129821

    Hmm thats a good idea bc not many players play hag on console, i almost never play vs her and when I do I usually tend to get destroyed by her bc she always catches me off gaurd and I never know when its safe to walk, run and when to crouch xD but i know to crouch at hook so yeah. Perk-wise i was thinking agitation because ive noticed a glaring weakness is when shes carrying to hook survs tend to activate your traps and this helps u spend less time carrying to hooks, save the best for last for the quick teleport 2 tap hits, monitor for the low tr, and corrupt to help setup the map. Do you play hag on console? Last i played her, her frame rate was absolute garbage when teleporting so i havent played her since.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129825#Comment_1129825

    You under estimate Oni my dude, he has decent built in tracking as well, yeah hes similar to billy but still hes scary!

    Oh yeah been liking her recently here, people tend to underestimate you as huntress and get cocky and make mistakes then get destroyed lol its so fun. Tbh shes great.

    I would agree with you there..survivors can hear the instant he hits someone, teleport, or even walks nearby, any decent swf group or coordinator survivors in general will instantly hop onto a gen immediately when hearing this, I mean its what I do when versing Demo.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129841#Comment_1129841

    Shes tough, but good. Just map dependant and tougher on console of course. And im not too worried about deathslinger being a headache i just hope he gets a buff somewhere at least

    If it wasn't for the sensitivity being an issue I'd say huntress is super rewarding but I used to be a huntress main on console when it released on console and got discouraged alittle before freddy came out cause i did much better with the other killers and didn't feel like the reward was worth the controller issues.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129817#Comment_1129817

    No no oni is actually a monster on console you can do the 90 degree flicks!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129821#Comment_1129821

    Hmm thats a good idea bc not many players play hag on console, i almost never play vs her and when I do I usually tend to get destroyed by her bc she always catches me off gaurd and I never know when its safe to walk, run and when to crouch xD but i know to crouch at hook so yeah. Perk-wise i was thinking agitation because ive noticed a glaring weakness is when shes carrying to hook survs tend to activate your traps and this helps u spend less time carrying to hooks, save the best for last for the quick teleport 2 tap hits, monitor for the low tr, and corrupt to help setup the map. Do you play hag on console? Last i played her, her frame rate was absolute garbage when teleporting so i havent played her since.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129825#Comment_1129825

    You under estimate Oni my dude, he has decent built in tracking as well, yeah hes similar to billy but still hes scary!

    Oh yeah been liking her recently here, people tend to underestimate you as huntress and get cocky and make mistakes then get destroyed lol its so fun. Tbh shes great.

    I would agree with you there..survivors can hear the instant he hits someone, teleport, or even walks nearby, any decent swf group or coordinator survivors in general will instantly hop onto a gen immediately when hearing this, I mean its what I do when versing Demo.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129841#Comment_1129841

    Shes tough, but good. Just map dependant and tougher on console of course. And im not too worried about deathslinger being a headache i just hope he gets a buff somewhere at least

    I've versed a handful of Oni's and I've versed Hillbillies like PC players have pre-rework Nurse. Oni does seem good, but for a console player, I just see him as a worse Hillbilly.

    I prefer Oni's aesthetic and overall power design, but I just don't see how Oni can compare. If you can pull of the flicks, then go for it though. I'd love to verse more Oni players.


    And you're right about Demogorgon, except that I can also do all that as a solo player. He's a NOISY mf to say the least. If I'm playing my Claudette build as well, then simply put, you won't really be able to find me for an overwhelming majority of the game.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129855#Comment_1129855

    If it wasn't for the sensitivity being an issue I'd say huntress is super rewarding but I used to be a huntress main on console when it released on console and got discouraged alittle before freddy came out cause i did much better with the other killers and didn't feel like the reward was worth the controller issues.

    I find it for me to be more of a fps issue with her honestly, frames tend to kick up in the worst moments like a hatchet throw for example.

    @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129855#Comment_1129855

    I've versed a handful of Oni's and I've versed Hillbillies like PC players have pre-rework Nurse. Oni does seem good, but for a console player, I just see him as a worse Hillbilly.

    I prefer Oni's aesthetic and overall power design, but I just don't see how Oni can compare. If you can pull of the flicks, then go for it though. I'd love to verse more Oni players.

    And you're right about Demogorgon, except that I can also do all that as a solo player. He's a NOISY mf to say the least. If I'm playing my Claudette build as well, then simply put, you won't really be able to find me for an overwhelming majority of the game.

    Hmm I like oni bc i dont have to hear a repetitive chainsaw audio track being looped over and over for one, and two you dont bump into walls! XD and yeah i love onis aesthetics too. Honestly i dont really see oni as a worse billy, I can see why youd say that but to me, oni is better at somethings while billy is better at other things.

    Yeah you opened my eyes on demo didnt really think about that till u mentioned it, i get genrushed, have a hard time finding immersed survs as him etc. So might be crossing him off which is a shame he really interested me, but no other killer gives the survivors this many audio cues on what they are doing

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129857#Comment_1129857

    I find it for me to be more of a fps issue with her honestly, frames tend to kick up in the worst moments like a hatchet throw for example.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1129860#Comment_1129860

    Hmm I like oni bc i dont have to hear a repetitive chainsaw audio track being looped over and over for one, and two you dont bump into walls! XD and yeah i love onis aesthetics too. Honestly i dont really see oni as a worse billy, I can see why youd say that but to me, oni is better at somethings while billy is better at other things.

    Yeah you opened my eyes on demo didnt really think about that till u mentioned it, i get genrushed, have a hard time finding immersed survs as him etc. So might be crossing him off which is a shame he really interested me, but no other killer gives the survivors this many audio cues on what they are doing

    that's true, fps effects every killer though but probably hurts killers like Huntress and Nurse the most, if only it was consistent at the very least.

  • If you like killers that are less used and hard to learn, learn Nurse on console. (If you have the amount of necessary free time.)

  • Of the ones you listed I say Oni or Huntress, but for console especially Huntress. I've not found a satisfaction in that game like yeeting a hatchet through two windows and a doorway and smoking a survivor who think they'd gotten away. Oni is fun but like others mentioned, it's hard to take full advantage of him on console. He always feels like hes JUSTTTTTT not QUITE fast/quick enough for what you want to do on console. But I still think he always makes for a fun game even if you don't double pip.

  • @kreeper124 said:

    Oni would be fun to learn, but unfortunately we can't take advantage of his flick like PC players can

    You can flick like pc

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    If you like killers that are less used and hard to learn, learn Nurse on console. (If you have the amount of necessary free time.)

    Ive actually started to learn her before the nerf and honestly the fatigue and looking down already put me off on her then the whole cooldown thing I dont really wanna put my time into her shes so frustrating with half the match looking down lol but i have seen 2 great. nurses on ps4 this month funnily enough, had to msg and send them both props.

    @TheGreatDave said:

    Of the ones you listed I say Oni or Huntress, but for console especially Huntress. I've not found a satisfaction in that game like yeeting a hatchet through two windows and a doorway and smoking a survivor who think they'd gotten away. Oni is fun but like others mentioned, it's hard to take full advantage of him on console. He always feels like hes JUSTTTTTT not QUITE fast/quick enough for what you want to do on console. But I still think he always makes for a fun game even if you don't double pip.

    Oh yeah huntress is sooooo satisfying to hit hatchets with.

    Im still unsure tho gosh lol

  • @DudeDelicious might as well ask you too! What do you think is a lesser used killer on ps4 that would be a fun killer to learn and max out? (Without horrible fps issues (hag) or without being a pain in general (nurse).

    I currently have Huntress at the top for me.

    I value your opinion highly so put of the killer roster, who would u like to see more of or who would you recommend personally would be good/fun to learn. Or any youd reccomend for that matter. Even talk me into one of your mains like plague, doc, etc. I just want someone to dump BP in, and learn and have fun! Heck even be down for wraith as i dont see many play him and hes great at getting bp.

  • GF is fun too. Nothing better than having zero terror radius, can stalk and insta-down, get gen grabs, and always keeping them on there toes because they mostly have no clue where you are 75% the time. Spine chills is a real BUMMER though...

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    GF is fun too. Nothing better than having zero terror radius, can stalk and insta-down, get gen grabs, and always keeping them on there toes because they mostly have no clue where you are 75% the time. Spine chills is a real BUMMER though...

    Oh yeah for sure, actually have him p3, but I already have my heart with the other stalky boi. I dont think the gameplay would be different enough for me though currently!

  • I read the demogorgon one, so I GOT YOU

    image.png

    Here is proof about me being a demodog (Yes I am rank 8 but that is because I have not been playing dbd that much lately)


    Demogorgon is a powerful chase killer when played properly, however he is very easy to gen rush due to his portals being very underwhelming. Here is how I play him


    Demogorgon is a pretty powerful at shack loop, due to his lunge being so fast. Try to fake the usage of shred to make survivors avoid vaults and pre-throw pallets, don't use shred to break pallets as its longer than the normal pallet break animation. Try to use shred when far away from survivors to get closer to the survivor to hit them with a normal attack.


    His portals can be used for travel, but try to keep atleast 2 portals on you at all times. Use his portals when hooking a survivor in basement or when you need to set a portal near a generator. Try to hide a portal when setting it near a generator so the survivors won't know instantly that you are going to that generator.

    I use 2 of his common add-ons and usually Mew's Guts to help with miss recovery of shred.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I read the demogorgon one, so I GOT YOU

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/490/VUADUBWPUYF5.png

    Here is proof about me being a demodog (Yes I am rank 8 but that is because I have not been playing dbd that much lately)

    Demogorgon is a powerful chase killer when played properly, however he is very easy to gen rush due to his portals being very underwhelming. Here is how I play him

    Demogorgon is a pretty powerful at shack loop, due to his lunge being so fast. Try to fake the usage of shred to make survivors avoid vaults and pre-throw pallets, don't use shred to break pallets as its longer than the normal pallet break animation. Try to use shred when far away from survivors to get closer to the survivor to hit them with a normal attack.

    His portals can be used for travel, but try to keep atleast 2 portals on you at all times. Use his portals when hooking a survivor in basement or when you need to set a portal near a generator. Try to hide a portal when setting it near a generator so the survivors won't know instantly that you are going to that generator.

    I use 2 of his common add-ons and usually Mew's Guts to help with miss recovery of shred.

    Oh yeah hes a great killer in chase my only problem is he has soooo many audio cues for survivors :(

  • Oni is super fun and is definitely playable on console (the reality is that all killers are but shhhh don't tell the noobs).

    ;)

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    Oni is super fun and is definitely playable on console (the reality is that all killers are but shhhh don't tell the noobs).

    ;)

    I know, oni is actually really good on console now its like no one on console has used him since his launch, his changes like a month ago or so has really made him powerful.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1139465#Comment_1139465

    I’m obviously going to be biased here and say it’s absolutely worth the time learning to properly understand Clown, and learn to be much more thoughtful and conservative with bottle tosses.

    It’s all too easy to get caught up in the whole “his bottles don’t slow survivors enough, and Clown slows down when throwing bottles, so they cancel each other out, so what’s the point? He’s weak”, and if you use his bottles the same way, then you’re BOUND to end up thinking exactly the same way.

    However I assure you none of those particular players are using Clown properly. Not even close.

    A few points about The Afterpiece Tonic.

    • Landing direct hits on a survivor (the bottle directly hitting their body) interrupts actions and gives the survivor much more severe blurred vision. Even very experienced survivors end up randomly running into environmental objects when a direct hit occurs.
    • Intoxication, Blurred Vision, and Hindered (at base) only lasts for as long as the survivor is within a gas cloud, and an additional 2.5 seconds once the survivor is clear of the gas cloud.
    • It takes a few moments for the gas cloud to fully expand. Once expanded they last for roughly 8 seconds.
    • Understanding this, this is why if direct hits are missed, and bottles explode near the vicinity of a chased survivor (like near their feet) they’re probably only slowed for about roughly 2.5 to 3 seconds, because the moment they’re exposed to some gas they’re already running out of its AOE because the gas hasn’t fully expanded. Coupled with Clowns brief cooldown & slow down, it’s understandable how this doesn’t help Clown land hits.
    • This is why throwing bottles AT survivors is bad, and is the WRONG way to use the bottles (unless the goal/plan is to land direct hits)

    Let’s give some examples using real numbers.

    • base Hindered afflicts survivors with -15% m/s. So from 4.0m a second to 3.4m a second while the survivor is afflicted.
    • Lets say there is a 10m distance between Clown and a chased survivor. If a bottle is mindlessly tossed at the survivor, smashing around their feet and they’re intoxicated for only about 3 seconds, Clown will have covered 13.8m of distance in that time (base m/s of 4.6m a second), and the survivor will have covered 10.2m. Clown will have only closed the gap during the chase by a measly 3.6 metres, which in fact is probably less because of the brief cooldown and slowdown Clown experiences when throwing.
    • If however a bottle explodes AHEAD of a chased survivor, and it happens to be a zone the survivor only has 2 choices: to turn around and take a hit, or power through the fully expanded gas cloud. It might take 4 to 5 seconds for the survivor to run through the entire cloud, and they continue to experience Intoxication, Hindered, and Blurred Vision for an additional 2.5 seconds. So let’s say they’re Hindered for a total of 6.5 seconds. Clown will have covered 29.9m of distance in that time, whereas the survivor will have only covered 22.1m of distance. Clown will have closed the gap by an ADDITIONAL 7.8m of distance on TOP of any distance being closed before the survivor entered the gas cloud, and the cooldown and slowdown become much more of a negligible non issue.
    • In pretty much most instances of the above scenario it’s very unlikely the survivor is avoiding a hit. If 2 gas clouds are cleverly placed in close proximity to each other that the survivor cannot avoid running through, that survivor is 100% taking a hit.

    So to get the absolute most out of Clown a player needs to learn to think much MUCH more strategically with him, and be much more conservative and methodical about bottle throws.

    • Where can I throw bottles ahead of a survivor to place gas where survivors experience Intoxication, Hindered, and Blurred Vision for the longest possible duration by forcing them to run through the whole gas cloud?
    • Where can I throw bottles ahead of a survivor to place gas so that I can trick the survivor into changing direction?
    • Where can I throw bottles to trick the survivor to go EXACTLY where I want them?
    • Is the survivor about to perform an interaction that I want to interrupt?
    • It serves a player much better to think more like Trapper when playing Clown, rather than like Huntress or like Freddy. I.e. “If I were Trapper in this chase where would I have placed a trap beforehand had I known the survivor was going to go this way?”

    Once the penny drops for a player using Clown in this way they’re going to notice a few very significant things.

    • 4 bottles, and the 5 second reload don’t seem anywhere near of a problem anymore because less bottles are likely to be used during each chase because each toss is much more effective.
    • Reloading will only usually be done once a down occurs, or to mindgame a survivor.
    • The dramatic difference in how fast Clown catches up to a survivor that either does fully run through an entire gas cloud (because that then becomes more like 4 to 5 seconds of slow, or successful direct hits at close range because the survivor has severely reduced visibility and bump into objects.
    • Clown’s base 115% m/s no longer feels like a problem because of (for all intents and purposes) he can close the gap on a survivor ALMOST as fast as the high mobility killers because Clown denies the survivors THEIR mobility.
    • That Clown is nowhere near as bad as he’s made out to be. Sure some buffs would be nice, but he doesn’t need much. A Clown that knows what they’re doing can be very oppressive.

    Now let’s look at a comparison between Clown and the high mobility killers and their powers.

    • Nurse. Clown is not restricted to moving in a straight line to close the gap on intoxicated survivors.
    • Billy. Clown doesn’t lose all of the standard agility and dexterity of base m/s while closing the gap on intoxicated survivors.
    • Spirit. Clown can maintain visual on the intoxicated survivor.
    • Oni. Clown isn’t restricted in when he can use his power. For all intents and purposes it’s unlimited with the occasional 5 second interruption.
    • Legion. Meh.

    The Challenges Clown has to deal with.

    • He has much MUCH more to think about during a chase. This makes using Clown correctly much more difficult than most are aware of.
    • He doesn’t have direct gen pressure, BUT he achieves gen pressure by proxy when very quickly moving from one chase to another because the other survivors are now needing to be much more preoccupied with saves/assists than repairs. It’s very natural for gens to pop quickly early, and then the game slows down A LOT once the downs and hooks occur with Clown.
    • It’s important to not hook every survivor that’s downed. Slug occasionally. If Clown immediately sees another survivor after a down, he absolutely should go after them.
    • Whereby for most other killers on the roster it’s normally advantageous to the killer to have survivors waste time healing, in Clowns case he absolutely benefits greatly by keeping survivors injured, which makes The Afterpiece Tonic far more dangerous. Coulrophobia and/or Sloppy Butcher are wonderful perks on Clown. It pays to use Sulphuric Vial instead of Sloppy Butcher where possible so that it frees up a perk slot.
    • Survivor stealth hurts Clown A LOT! Clown has to bank on steam rolling the survivors, so he needs to be able to find them quickly and frequently. It’s for this reason I strongly believe Clown benefits more from tracking perks than any other type of perk. I feel I’m pretty damn good at picking up on crow movement and survivor breathing/movement, but even then I’ll still regularly use perks like Spies, Bloodhound, or Whispers on Clown. There’s nothing inherently wrong with using gen slow perks over tracking or chase perks. It’s just that Clown really shines when IGNORING the gens most of the time (most, not all of the time).

    It takes time to develop the kind of intuition required to play Clown very well, but it’s worth the time investment. He’s fun, and it’s oh so satisfying when you can competently end chase after chase after chase very quickly either by applying Hindered correctly or by denying the survivors their intended destination.

    Omg see this is why I like you. You give me long super detailed rundowns on things.

    Really digging the way you describe the capabilities of clown, like theres alot to learn and improve with him. Also love the fact that everyone thinks hes horrible which in itself makes the survivors underestimate you which can actually give you an advantage. I always liked playing him every now and then for dailies and when i was in the mood but never really took the time to learn him.

    How do you deal with huge maps with clown? Or loops for example that you cant mindgame and your bottles dont help very much with.

    Can you give me the perk and addon rundown, and the build you use as well?

    Very much appreciated for your time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1140676#Comment_1140676

    Map size isn’t really an issue. All that matters is finding survivors. Gens are a means to an end to find survivors as far as Clown is concerned. A Clown player needs to keep a cool head when gens pop early.

    Any loops that normally couldn’t be mindgamed or perceived as too safe when using other killers can still be bested with Clown. You can fake a reload to get them to either drop a pallet early, or do something stupid. You can smash a bottle or two along the longest side of the loop, and force the survivor to run in that direction to reach the pallet again. This normally results in a free hit.

    When i’ve got more time I’ll list my most frequently rotated builds. One I use the most is Coulrophobia, Distressing, Bloodhound, Spies From The Shadows, Sulphuric Vial, Starling Feather or Kerosene Can.

    Ok so a big focus on clown is to fully commit to his good chase potential and less so to his rather weak gen defense?

    Oh thats a nice idea, reload fake out to make them drop a pallet or make them abandon the loop.

    Ok I like the build, sulphuric vial, i understand this because its like a built in sloppy butcher, but what would you use if u ran out of those and had to get more before u can use it again?

    Starling feather oh a common addon definitly easy to stock pile and it moderately speeds up cooldown on bottle throws, so the way I see this being used is so u can cover larger areas with gas or if you mess up a bottle u can quickly throw another. As for kerosine can, how would a survivor being blind for 30 seconds help him? Prevent them from finding slugs or the hooked guy? I cant think of much use if its only 30 secs of blindness.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1140779#Comment_1140779

    I just find Kerosene Can to be a nice nuisance. A slugged Survivor cannot see where their teammates are, and Clown might be fortunate enough to have others blind as well.

    When run out of Sulphuric Vials I’ll swap a perk for Sloppy Butcher.

    Yeah just keep committing to chases. Still gotta use good judgement. Some still need abandoning.

    Oh i see so in some cases its like a built in knock out for the downed survivor in a way.

    Im guessing you swap out spies for it?

    Yeah dont overcommit and waste too much time on 1 survivor i gotcha!

  • @DudeDelicious im really liking the starling feather, allows me to machine gun throw bottles when needed xD

    And bloodhound has become exceedingly helpful in situations where one person is injured and a second is uninjured, usually youd have to guess which scratchmarks it is and hope you get the easy down. Well with bloodhound, I can always find the easy down, whether its for a slug or a hook.

    As for spies, it really helps when the survivors are A - healing near crows, B - on certain gens, D - or even not being careful near crows in your vicinity since alot of people ignore them. Honestly dont know what id lose for sloppy now lol both seem pretty helpful on clown.

    Side note, saw your most recent youtube video and someone commented salt towards you lol