Tired of 4k black pips
I can kinda understand it when its a horrible game where the survivors just suicide at the end and die on their first hooks after doing every gen super fast, but... Heres a game where only 1 gen got done and everyone was hooked more than once. Just sucks that killers like Plague get punished for using their powers.
Tagged:
Trusted


Comments
^^^
If you 4k, you should at LEAST get a PIP.
Ive been pipping and not getting ANY kills. I just try to hook everyone twice then i goof off. im a pretty lousy killer.
I know, happens with any 1 shot power as well as grabs. Plague just tends to get hit the worst because MOST of her downs are 1 shots, whereas most of the other killers have an assortment. Still though...its dumb.
Yeah its dumb if you kill everyone too fast you get punished for it. Even worse on plague. She's known for black pipping even when doing damn near perfect.
The current rank system doesn't even matter, since they are changing it to the mmr system I believe in the next patch.. So your black pips, pips, or de-pips don't have any effect on anything. So I wouldn't worry about it, we all know the current system is flawed. You can get a 4k and de-pip, I've done it before! lol
I'm just trying to play abit of an assortment of killers today. This was just my first Plague game today and abit of a reminder.
Just curious how they'll gauge a win or loss with the new system if this game wasnt considered a win with this system.
I kind of wonder to be honest, but since there isn't a way to tell how good you are doing, I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you just keep losing every game, or winning every game. Then there may be cause for concern with the system.
Atm its kinda killer dependent. I can play Legion and get Iri chaser super easy without killing anyone, but Plague... I black pipped with an Iri gatekeeper, lol.
A 4k should be a guaranteed pip. I don't get why that's not the case.
It's because they put so much work into "punishing bad gameplay" into the emblem system, you're now getting punished for just overperforming.
Running surveillance and no one is touching gen's, while you have 2 hooked? Well guess your getting a "Camping penalty" for staying near those 2 hooks.
Eat a DS because it's still very early in the game, and they are playing recklessly? Well guess your getting a penalty for them "wiggling free"
What's that? You're letting the survivors heal on the other side of the map, because you need to pressure gens? Well here's your penalty for "you letting them heal".
It's ridiculously stupid. While Survivors get points in catagories for literally doing nothing.
Chaser cucks a lot of killers. It should be altered so killers like billy, plague, leatherface and other one shot type powers don't get punished for using their power.
Entity: I demand 4 sacrifices to make me satisfied
Killer: hardcore tunnel, 4 hooks, 4 kills.
Also Entity: Safe pip. 4 sacrifices without 12 hooks is not entertainment.
Killer: You mean 12 hook within 400sec Gen?
Entity: DO IT
Killer: 1 hit down Power. 12 hooks, 4 kills
Entity: 1 pip. Not enough chase to be entertained.
The screenshot provided I THINK was like 8 hooks. It wasnt a slugfest match, I just kept em sick and kept em off gens with ruin+surv.
Entity: What's that? You killed all 4 survivors? Sorry bub, best I can do is gold Devout. You didn't hook them enough times. And you used the power I gave you to help kill the survivors and win? Tsk tsk tsk, looks like I'll have to give you bronze Chaser and silver Malicious.
Should have applied more pressure.
I disagree. You're doing HALF the chase, therefore you get HALF the emblem.
No real reason to care IMO. Theres no reward for ranking up, you just get sweatier survivors
The point though is that the point of the ranking system is for matchmaking purposes. In theory, if I stomp a survivor team...that should be an indicator I should be going against tougher teams. As it stands, thats often not the case. In the game I showed in the screenshot after a 4k with only 1 gen done, the game is saying I should keep going against those same rank survivors over and over.
So I'm punished for playing certain killers by your logic.
######### fantastic.
Funny thing is that if you want to rank up, Legion is actually a fantastic killer to rank up with and get Chaser pips. You know, 28 stab wounds and all.
With the current ranking system, if you want to play this type of killer, then unfortunately you have to cop this type of penalty.
Not MY logic. But yes, if you want to play on easy street and do half the work, then you should be rewarded as such. If it was a case of you couldn't even black pip, then I'd admit that there is a problem.
You can still get your double hit and go up with most of these killers. You don't have to mark them as Ghostface, you have a hammer as Bubba and Billy, you don't need to always hit Tier III Evil Within. You choose to.
I like to bounce around. Played plenty of Legion today too. Just think on a basic level...its kinda dumb that doing TOO good will have the game putting you against the same rank opponites over and over again. If I play a game of Overwatch and spawnkill an entire team of bronze rank players all game, the game quickly deems I shouldnt be that rank and gets me out of there. That doesnt happen in DBD.
These are all examples of games where the survivors were absolutely steamrolled. I killed all 4 and kept them off gens like Im suppose to do. The game isnt recognizing this as high lvls of game play.I know I can try to play the system and give survivors more of a chance so I can hit them more, but I shouldnt have to do WORSE in order for the game to say "hes doing great".
I get where you're coming from. But it's silly to penalize killers for using their killers power.
Ok. There are a few major things that you're missing within those screenshots. A few questions that I have to ask because you're only giving me a small portion of the game data.
Not calling you a bad killer at all, and props for getting to high purple and red in this age of matchmaking, but these are the questions that need to be answered so we get a full picture.
That's why I omitted Plague from that list I mentioned. She is the anomaly here since her power is kind of a Catch 22 of the emblem system.
I'll even admit that I play Hammer Billy, or I did before the recent Xbox Dedicated Servers made me basically quit the game, not just because I hate the chainsaw, but for ranking and for my own personal enjoyment. I'll still use the saw more as a bait near a pallet. I even find it quicker for me to double hammer than go for a saw a lot of the time.
The Bubba game I cant remember off the top of my head. The Billy game was a total of 2 hammer hits and 3 saws. Didnt camp anyone, just had a tendency of instantly finding and downing the would be rescuer.
The Freddy game was actually about 1 week before his rework but I remember it well. game lasted roughly 2 minutes with me jugging the whole team. They managed to rescue the first guy that I hooked, but no one got any further than that. 3 dead on first hooks while the 4th being his 2nd hook.
no one was broken in either game. As you can tell from the gatekeeper emblems...these guys werent trying to rush gens while injured but were on fullblown recovery mode the entire time. They were feeling the pressure I was dealing.
About getting to purple and red... I do that all the time when I feel like it. I like to play Myers and Legion as well, and when I go for a sneaky Myers approach as opposed to a 1 shot everyone approach...I rank up easier although the games tend to be closer. I typically dont run infinite T3 Myers or anything like that, lol.
This is an example of a pissed off team right after the ruin change, lol.
Trappers traps also screws him over for chaser since grabbing survivors out of a beartrap can result in 0 chaser points. If the beartrap catches them and they escape it injured...you dont get points for that injury. You just end up with more injured survivors running around for half credit per hook.
Ok, so the Hillbilly game does sound like bit of a slug-fest there, with a total of what I can see as basically 5 downs at most, since there was not mention of grabs. And Freddy should have been at least Silver by what you have said, but if this was before the rework, then numbers for emblems might have been different since it was months ago.
They havent changed chaser emblem since then. I know the requirements for Iri devout was changed and gatekeeper was recently changed, but neither wouldve made a difference here.
As far as the Billy game... I actually didnt slug at all. They went straight from the ground to a hook, I just kept running into the next guy like instantly, lol. I remember hooking one guy, planning on zooming across the map and immediately spotting my next target 10 ft away instead of a 10 second chase, lol.
I don’t think the devs tested the Emblem system very much. They just put the changes in and expected us to like them. When it turned out that we didn’t, they mostly ignored us, either because they just didn’t care about Emblems anymore or they were too proud of it and refused to do any changes. It took nearly a year for them to look at Gatekeeper. Devout is actually bugged to where it doesn’t compensate you for DCs and has that stupid hook actions requirement. Chaser has always been like this. I’m guessing the devs completely forgot that instadowns and/or efficient players existed.
Yeah, it was a "they ran at you" case it seemed, thus giving you only 4 chases that you one-shot for 3 of them.
I believe the main reason why the emblem system is designed like this is to prevent killers who 4K via mori from pipping.
However, this ends up punishing killers who genuinely do well against survivors who don't belong at their rank. 😞