People have the craziest stories for their DCs now that penalties are back

Remember when people just admitted they DC because "Nurse is OP," or "Ten Huntress in a row brought Iri hatchets," to cover up being mad about losing. Now with DC penalties back no one is quitting for that anymore but the stories are GRAND...

"I was going against a 4 man SWF they all somehow cheated and got themselves onto a roof and held the game hostage so I had to." or "my teammates had me blocked in and they along with the killer all conspired to keep me in the game without any progress forcing me to DC."

Now, those are a bit of an exaggeration but if you go through the forums you will see so many stories of the most unlikely events happening and people wanting to get rid of DC penalties,or at least have an exception for themselves.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088160#Comment_1088160

    That's okay, when eventually a game breaking bug happens that only effects you and a few minority of people and you get locked out of a soft ban because it only effects a few people, so "why bother", well I'll just say "told you so". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Got to love people. "Well I don't have a problem, therefore there is no problem because it doesn't effect me." Oh well.

    But thats your problem, unironically. The first ban lasts 1 minute and the second 5, literally nothing, If disconnects are happening this often to the point your are getting banned for hours and all because of your computer/internet, the only answer I can give you is to get a better one.

  • On console playing killer. Disconnected Cause I using an aimbot. As the hag

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088210#Comment_1088210

    My internet is fine. It also doesn't make myself, another survivor, and the killer disconnect from the match at the exact same time.

    My computer isn't the problem. Plenty of other people with a wide variety of specs get infinite loading screens. If it's happening to a wide arrange of people, then it clearly isn't just my computer.

    Read the problem with the bug splat. An access violation in this game can be from a wide variety of issues, to bad GPU drivers, to the Discord Overlay causing issues, to custom perk icons from causing issues, to some bad file just causing issues and the game needing to be re-verified on Steam to replace the bad file.

    I can run the game on higher graphical settings if I really needed to. I just decide not to because I prefer a constant stable frame rate above all else. This game's graphics are not so ground breaking and the game isn't so pretty that I care about the visuals that much.

    If me lowering the resolution of the game or playing it in windowed mode causes it to crash a lot, then that's still a problem with the game for the settings not functioning properly as they're supposed to. That's nothing to do with the computer itself because that means a high end computer that still went on those settings would still crash. But we already know that isn't the issue since people not on those settings still have problems.

    again, you’re claiming this problem affects you and 14 people you know but almost no one else... play the powerball dude

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088210#Comment_1088210

    My internet is fine. It also doesn't make myself, another survivor, and the killer disconnect from the match at the exact same time.

    My computer isn't the problem. Plenty of other people with a wide variety of specs get infinite loading screens. If it's happening to a wide arrange of people, then it clearly isn't just my computer.

    Read the problem with the bug splat. An access violation in this game can be from a wide variety of issues, to bad GPU drivers, to the Discord Overlay causing issues, to custom perk icons from causing issues, to some bad file just causing issues and the game needing to be re-verified on Steam to replace the bad file.

    I can run the game on higher graphical settings if I really needed to. I just decide not to because I prefer a constant stable frame rate above all else. This game's graphics are not so ground breaking and the game isn't so pretty that I care about the visuals that much.

    If me lowering the resolution of the game or playing it in windowed mode causes it to crash a lot, then that's still a problem with the game for the settings not functioning properly as they're supposed to. That's nothing to do with the computer itself because that means a high end computer that still went on those settings would still crash. But we already know that isn't the issue since people not on those settings still have problems.

    Bans where implemented because the majority of disconnects are not bugs or glitches. It's awfully coincidental that a killer DC as soon as 3 gens pop and ruin pop or when a survivor gets downed .

  • Well, the game legit crashed on me today and I was slapped with a ban. I was actually penalized for their own bugs. That ain't right!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088264#Comment_1088264

    And you're the one trying to claim that only I and my network of people are the only ones who have problems with this game?

    Have you not read the bug reports section on the forum here? I highly suggest you do, because there's a lot more than just I and 14 other people who post in that forum on a daily basis alone.

    Do a little cross searching, I did because I was curious if in was right. A large number of the people who have these “Internet issues,” are the same people who explained they DC because spirit was unfair or the nurse brought 4 blinks, etc

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088282#Comment_1088282

    Do a little cross searching, I did because I was curious if in was right. A large number of the people who have these “Internet issues,” are the same people who explained they DC because spirit was unfair or the nurse brought 4 blinks, etc

    Gee, what a coincidence, who'd have thought!

  • "The killer downed me and my game crashed right at the same time." 😑 Smh

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086935#Comment_1086935

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086947#Comment_1086947

    Yeah those are the best, why should I have to worry about other people getting a complete game in? I wanna play on my 2001 HP laptop

    I should be able to play DBD on my Windows 95! Guys seriously stop with stone age pc excuse 🤣

  • The fact that people are bothering to make up excuses to tell strangers is pretty funny in itself. Like if I DC, I'm not explaining myself to other players, especially if I don't know them personally. 😂😂😂😂

  • @LustForBP said:

    I disconnect as soon as people start moving. It’s not fair that everyone has an opportunity to move while I do.

    #WeWantTurnBased

    Meanwhile Bubba is over here like "I wasnt planning on moving anyway"

  • I also love the classic: “ It’s okay to DC if I’m not having fun because I’m slugged or getting camped. This penalty is big dumb!”

  • @Happy2Heal4You said:

    I also love the classic: “ It’s okay to DC if I’m not having fun because I’m slugged or getting camped. This penalty is big dumb!”

    I have seen people DC for a tunneling killer or camping, as soon as they were downed without even being hooked... so apparently players can see the future.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Remember when people just admitted they DC because "Nurse is OP," or "Ten Huntress in a row brought Iri hatchets," to cover up being mad about losing. Now with DC penalties back no one is quitting for that anymore but the stories are GRAND...

    "I was going against a 4 man SWF they all somehow cheated and got themselves onto a roof and held the game hostage so I had to." or "my teammates had me blocked in and they along with the killer all conspired to keep me in the game without any progress forcing me to DC."

    Now, those are a bit of an exaggeration but if you go through the forums you will see so many stories of the most unlikely events happening and people wanting to get rid of DC penalties,or at least have an exception for themselves.

    Its not my fault I could no longer heal - erhm I mean do gens - ehrm I mean move my camera- damn used those already........The killer was speed hacking!

  • "If the bug doesn't happen to me, it must not happen." - the people in this thread.

    Brilliant logic, friends. Heaven forbid you also get stuck with penalties through no fault of your own. I'd like to see your condescension and dismissals then.

  • I love the stories they are so fake it is funny, however I do think we need a suicide option for those games where the killer slugs you for the whole 4 minutes. I have had games where the killer brings knock out, third seal, deer stalker and nurses and just keep smacking survivors on the ground. Picking one up and dropping them until the they are standing again the when the survivor goes to pick up a team mate smacking the survivor you dropped and rince and repeat until everyone is dead. This could take more than 4 minutes as you are getting up then going down then getting up then going down. If you have been slugged more than half of you bleed out bar you should be able to concede.

  • @Black_Fence said:

    I love the stories they are so fake it is funny, however I do think we need a suicide option for those games where the killer slugs you for the whole 4 minutes. I have had games where the killer brings knock out, third seal, deer stalker and nurses and just keep smacking survivors on the ground. Picking one up and dropping them until the they are standing again the when the survivor goes to pick up a team mate smacking the survivor you dropped and rince and repeat until everyone is dead. This could take more than 4 minutes as you are getting up then going down then getting up then going down. If you have been slugged more than half of you bleed out bar you should be able to concede.

    I agree, but it’s rare enough for now you can eat a DC and it won’t be a ling ban

1 2 ›