SWF not doing gens and DC penalties.

So, A couple of weeks ago I had a game in which half way through I realized I had no chances of winning again a SWF who had picked Grim Pantry.

I went afk for a good 5 min and to no surprise, they weren't doing any gens.

What are the options at this point?


Eat the DC penalty?

Get looped to oblivion?

Stare at trees?

Thoughts.

Comments

  • Play the game if you want it to end. It's like the original Jumanji lol.

  • I wouldn't stare at the trees, this games graphics are #########.

    In your case I'd either git gud, or just quit and go play another game. At this point it looks like that's want the devs want killers to do.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    So, A couple of weeks ago I had a game in which half way through I realized I had no chances of winning again a SWF who had picked Grim Pantry.

    I went afk for a good 5 min and to no surprise, they weren't doing any gens.

    What are the options at this point?

    Eat the DC penalty?

    Get looped to oblivion?

    Stare at trees?

    Thoughts.

    Wander away or tab out, let them decide how valuable their time is

  • @geishroy said:

    I wouldn't stare at the trees, this games graphics are #########.

    In your case I'd either git gud, or just quit and go play another game. At this point it looks like that's want the devs want killers to do.

    I wouldn't mind getting gud, I'm rank 4 so I like to believe I'm at least decent, but facing players using a mechanic that is widely accepted as broken and unfair is unbearable for me.

    Would I still lose matches against really good players? Yes.

    Would my chances of winning increase if they weren't using God mode? Massively.

  • I would eat the penalty personally. If you’re playing a toxic SWF denying then objective and survival points is the best you can do.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086676#Comment_1086676

    I wouldn't mind getting gud, I'm rank 4 so I like to believe I'm at least decent, but facing players using a mechanic that is widely accepted as broken and unfair is unbearable for me.

    Would I still lose matches against really good players? Yes.

    Would my chances of winning increase if they weren't using God mode? Massively.

    What god mode? You can still chase and down SWF

  • Recently, i started to dodge three people SWF even if i play surv. You all know, why.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    So, A couple of weeks ago I had a game in which half way through I realized I had no chances of winning again a SWF who had picked Grim Pantry.

    I went afk for a good 5 min and to no surprise, they weren't doing any gens.

    What are the options at this point?

    Eat the DC penalty?

    Get looped to oblivion?

    Stare at trees?

    Thoughts.

    These extreme circumstances do lot change the fact that the penalty is needed, if it happens to you again in the next 3 months, go afk watch a youtube video or DC and get 5 mins penalty. One penalty changes nothing, take it and so be it.

    I really love to see these un plausible scenarios that people are summoning to defend dcing...

  • Yeah going AFK from the game isn't fair on the survs, if you are having a bad game just try and do what you can to make the game go faster. Is what i do, and then like the rest of us you can scream and swear and kick a pillow across the room in your fustration.

  • The amount of information and coordination to which the game wasn't developed for.

    Solos won't immediately know where a totem is just cause one of them ran by it during a chase.

    Solos won't know which part of the map isn't safe anymore cause someone used all the pallets 5 min earlier.

    Solos will waste time going for unhooks at the same time.

    These are only a few of the advantages SWF have over solos. Even potatoes SWF.

    Solos and SWF are night and day.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129218/swf-not-doing-gens-and-dc-penalties

    These extreme circumstances do lot change the fact that the penalty is needed, if it happens to you again in the next 3 months, go afk watch a youtube video or DC and get 5 mins penalty. One penalty changes nothing, take it and so be it.

    I really love to see these un plausible scenarios that people are summoning to defend dcing...

    No one is defending Dc. I like the penalties.

    I'm just putting forth a real scenario, that actually happened, not plausible, to see what's the workaround.

  • @Mushwin said:

    Yeah going AFK from the game isn't fair on the survs, if you are having a bad game just try and do what you can to make the game go faster. Is what i do, and then like the rest of us you can scream and swear and kick a pillow across the room in your fustration.

    I agree with you, but in his scenario, they were ignoring the generators on purpose just for the sake of being dicks. I would also have been tempted to disconnect, rather waste 5 minutes penalty than 5+ in the game doing nothing useful.

    But I usually just go through with it and honestly, sometimes in games like this, I end up winning because they stopped doing generators. Or I get a kill or two and the others decide to finish and leave.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086753#Comment_1086753

    I agree with you, but in his scenario, they were ignoring the generators on purpose just for the sake of being dicks. I would also have been tempted to disconnect, rather waste 5 minutes penalty than 5+ in the game doing nothing useful.

    But I usually just go through with it and honestly, sometimes in games like this, I end up winning because they stopped doing generators. Or I get a kill or two and the others decide to finish and leave.

    it doesn't make sense though why they wouldn't just do gens, but then maybe they were doing it to be petty as he went afk? maybe i don't know, maybe we need an abort mission button lol

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086736#Comment_1086736

    The amount of information and coordination to which the game wasn't developed for.

    Solos won't immediately know where a totem is just cause one of them ran by it during a chase.

    Solos won't know which part of the map isn't safe anymore cause someone used all the pallets 5 min earlier.

    Solos will waste time going for unhooks at the same time.

    These are only a few of the advantages SWF have over solos. Even potatoes SWF.

    Solos and SWF are night and day.

    It’s a great advantage, no one argues that. But just chase them and eventually you catch them, it’s not like they’re keeping you from downing them in fact they’re not pressuring gens at all so eventually you’ll get a 4K

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086768#Comment_1086768

    it doesn't make sense though why they wouldn't just do gens, but then maybe they were doing it to be petty as he went afk? maybe i don't know, maybe we need an abort mission button lol

    Because they wanted me to chase them into that broken loop on grin pantry.

    I was playing demo, and had 1 guy on death hook and 1 other guy who had been hooked.

    The death hook guy (which was my only kill) had vanished, and was struggling to keep pressure on the other two. As soon as I started a chase on one of them (who would always run towards that broken loop) the other would get on the gen, and vise versa.

    They were (game not balanced around) well organized, and I couldn't keep up. Thus I forfeited the match, but since there is no forfeit option, I went afk to let them finish, so we could all move on to another game.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086777#Comment_1086777

    Because they wanted me to chase them into that broken loop on grin pantry.

    I was playing demo, and had 1 guy on death hook and 1 other guy who had been hooked.

    The death hook guy (which was my only kill) had vanished, and was struggling to keep pressure on the other two. As soon as I started a chase on one of them (who would always run towards that broken loop) the other would get on the gen, and vise versa.

    They were (game not balanced around) well organized, and I couldn't keep up. Thus I forfeited the match, but since there is no forfeit option, I went afk to let them finish, so we could all move on to another game.

    I’m confused, they were pressuring the gen but then when you went AFK decided to stop trying?

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086768#Comment_1086768

    it doesn't make sense though why they wouldn't just do gens, but then maybe they were doing it to be petty as he went afk? maybe i don't know, maybe we need an abort mission button lol

    Honestly, no idea why they couldn't have just done that, but who knows what they were thinking. I know when killers are AFK all match long, people just do generators, and totems and get in fake chases with the killer to max out points before leaving.. some just do generators and leave, others dick around. Maybe they just dicked around since he was afk and didn't care to finish the generators since there was no hurry.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086777#Comment_1086777

    Honestly, no idea why they couldn't have just done that, but who knows what they were thinking. I know when killers are AFK all match long, people just do generators, and totems and get in fake chases with the killer to max out points before leaving.. some just do generators and leave, others dick around. Maybe they just dicked around since he was afk and didn't care to finish the generators since there was no hurry.

    yes i will do gens etc if they are afk, or maybe get chase points by running to them and then away lol but it confused me....we need the abort option lol

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086809#Comment_1086809

    I’m confused, they were pressuring the gen but then when you went AFK decided to stop trying?

    Yep. I was outmatched. I couldn't pressure enough, so I surrendered the match? What's the confusion?

    I tried, and I couldn't, GG.

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086814#Comment_1086814

    yes i will do gens etc if they are afk, or maybe get chase points by running to them and then away lol but it confused me....we need the abort option lol

    Yeah.. and the "bleedout" option when you're slugged and the killer's just camping bodies. But that one would require checks to verify if you've been slugged for over 30-60 seconds before allowing you to bleedout, otherwise people would just instant bleedout on first down before getting picked up instead of disconnecting.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086813#Comment_1086813

    Yep. I was outmatched. I couldn't pressure enough, so I surrendered the match? What's the confusion?

    I tried, and I couldn't, GG.

    Well you asked what you should do, if you want to quit because you tried and it wasn't good enough then YES the answer is eat the DC penalty. It's their to punish people who quit when the game isn't going their way and that is exactly what you described here.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086819#Comment_1086819

    Yeah.. and the "bleedout" option when you're slugged and the killer's just camping bodies. But that one would require checks to verify if you've been slugged for over 30-60 seconds before allowing you to bleedout, otherwise people would just instant bleedout on first down before getting picked up instead of disconnecting.

    This is why i always bring my Bill perk lol it's like a security blankie

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086820#Comment_1086820

    Well you asked what you should do, if you want to quit because you tried and it wasn't good enough then YES the answer is eat the DC penalty. It's their to punish people who quit when the game isn't going their way and that is exactly what you described here.

    But they were literally holding the game hostage... Well, I smell your bias miles way, no point in argueing.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086819#Comment_1086819

    Yeah.. and the "bleedout" option when you're slugged and the killer's just camping bodies. But that one would require checks to verify if you've been slugged for over 30-60 seconds before allowing you to bleedout, otherwise people would just instant bleedout on first down before getting picked up instead of disconnecting.

    Bleed out option that leaves husk behind, so no hatch tech.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086830#Comment_1086830

    But they were literally holding the game hostage... Well, I smell your bias miles way, no point in argueing.

    Then you disconnect, and report them, holding the game hostage is one of the reasons to report people in the end-game window. Use it, and write an explanation as to what happened. Yes, you'll still get your 5 minutes timeout, but if they do it too often and people report them for the same reason each time it happens, maybe they'll get taken care of.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086838#Comment_1086838

    Then you disconnect, and report them, holding the game hostage is one of the reasons to report people in the end-game window. Use it, and write an explanation as to what happened. Yes, you'll still get your 5 minutes timeout, but if they do it too often and people report them for the same reason each time it happens, maybe they'll get taken care of.

    I don't believe that report system actually works. Perhaps the killer could open the gates at any point in the match past a couple of minutes. But there couldn't be anyone hooked or slugged.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086843#Comment_1086843

    I don't believe that report system actually works. Perhaps the killer could open the gates at any point in the match past a couple of minutes. But there couldn't be anyone hooked or slugged.

    Blending is a game mechanic, regardless of if they do gens or not, they could simply say they were blending. The in game reporting system is your only defense though, that is the only thing they actually check. However this is not reportable.

  • Yeah, DC penalties are bringing out new behavior that is worse.

  • Like a lot of the players have said about those crashing and being given a penalty

    "It rarely happens so you'll have to suck it up" :)

  • @geishroy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086853#Comment_1086853

    Blending is a game mechanic, regardless of if they do gens or not, they could simply say they were blending. The in game reporting system is your only defense though, that is the only thing they actually check. However this is not reportable.

    No no no, I'm not talking about blending.

    They had 4 gens done by the time I have up.

    I'm asking for a workaround when people refuses to finish the game. You could apply the same question for killers that never hook you, and keep slugging and picking you up.

    And to clarify, I didn't DC in this game.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086830#Comment_1086830

    But they were literally holding the game hostage... Well, I smell your bias miles way, no point in argueing.

    Holding the game hostage means blocking someone in a corner, it’s not bias it’s using the BHVR definition instead of my own opinion of what holding a game hostage means.


  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086891#Comment_1086891

    No no no, I'm not talking about blending.

    They had 4 gens done by the time I have up.

    I'm asking for a workaround when people refuses to finish the game. You could apply the same question for killers that never hook you, and keep slugging and picking you up.

    And to clarify, I didn't DC in this game.

    ... so you could have just given chase and tunneled one of them until the others finished the last generator, then went for a door to open it for them to trigger the collapse and wait for them to leave or die to the entity...? Would have taken 2 minutes at most.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086891#Comment_1086891

    No no no, I'm not talking about blending.

    They had 4 gens done by the time I have up.

    I'm asking for a workaround when people refuses to finish the game. You could apply the same question for killers that never hook you, and keep slugging and picking you up.

    And to clarify, I didn't DC in this game.

    You AFK'd, therefore you did not attempt to finish the game. They can still get points from secondary objectives, which it seems if you weren't chasing them or hitting them or hooking, this would have been their only defense from a depip. They could also get points from basement time. So the fact that you didn't actively chase, they would need to get points from some other sources.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    So, A couple of weeks ago I had a game in which half way through I realized I had no chances of winning again a SWF who had picked Grim Pantry.

    I went afk for a good 5 min and to no surprise, they weren't doing any gens.

    What are the options at this point?

    Eat the DC penalty?

    Get looped to oblivion?

    Stare at trees?

    Thoughts.

    Kill them. Eventually they will have to do gens or die. The longer the game. The better for the killer.

    Might have a pallet sandwich. Might get dizzy on the loopdaloops. But eventually they will run out of pallets. And eventually bloodlust will win. They start dying, they will do gens. Or lose. Or dc. It will end one way or another.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086830#Comment_1086830

    But they were literally holding the game hostage... Well, I smell your bias miles way, no point in argueing.

    Were you actually trying to find them and you could not, or were you just idling hoping that they would eventually do something? I know the first one is holding the game hostage; the second one to me seems more like those cases where Survivors won't leave the Gate or jump into a Hatch until the Killer tries to go after them.

  • @geishroy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086912#Comment_1086912

    You AFK'd, therefore you did not attempt to finish the game. They can still get points from secondary objectives, which it seems if you weren't chasing them or hitting them or hooking, this would have been their only defense from a depip. They could also get points from basement time. So the fact that you didn't actively chase, they would need to get points from some other sources.

    There was 1 gen left. 3 hook total. 1 of which got killed at the end. They got chased. They just didn't want to finish the last gen, for some reason.

  • @rhodamia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/129218/swf-not-doing-gens-and-dc-penalties

    Kill them. Eventually they will have to do gens or die. The longer the game. The better for the killer.

    Might have a pallet sandwich. Might get dizzy on the loopdaloops. But eventually they will run out of pallets. And eventually bloodlust will win. They start dying, they will do gens. Or lose. Or dc. It will end one way or another.

    Will remember that next time I'm back at playing killer.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1086830#Comment_1086830

    But they were literally holding the game hostage... Well, I smell your bias miles way, no point in argueing.

    Here ya go, from an official forum thread from a dev @Peanits

    “We only consider it to be holding the game hostage when there is no possible way for the game to end.”

    Does that satisfy your odd opinion that I am biased and making up my own rule about hostage. The scenario described the game could end once they were found.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Play the game if you want it to end. It's like the original Jumanji lol.

    In the fog you must wait until the killer hooks your mates.

  • What exactly is holding the game hostage? I'm curious. I had a match the other day where I couldn't find the last guy for the longest time. At least 15 minutes. Couldn't find the stupid hatch,didn't even whispers or something. I know you can close the hatch if it's one guy,but what about two? I know you can open the exit yourself if the gens are on,right? Did that the other day. Sorry I'm sorta new to some of the terms.

  • @kazakun said:

    What exactly is holding the game hostage? I'm curious. I had a match the other day where I couldn't find the last guy for the longest time. At least 15 minutes. Couldn't find the stupid hatch,didn't even whispers or something. I know you can close the hatch if it's one guy,but what about two? I know you can open the exit yourself if the gens are on,right? Did that the other day. Sorry I'm sorta new to some of the terms.

    Holding the game hostage is not playing properly to make it last longer in hopes the other side will disconnect.

    And yeah you can only close the hatch if it's open. It only opens if there's only one survivor left, or if someone used the key to open it and you closed it before the others left.

    If all 5 generators are completed and you can't find them and they're not going to the gates to leave, then yes you can open one of the gates yourself. This will trigger the endgame collapse.

    The collapse was added last year as a way to counter hostage situations.. People not leaving after generators were done and doors were open, or killer camping the hatch, because back then you could get interrupt grabs off survivors jumping in the hatch.

  • @kazakun said:

    What exactly is holding the game hostage? I'm curious. I had a match the other day where I couldn't find the last guy for the longest time. At least 15 minutes. Couldn't find the stupid hatch,didn't even whispers or something. I know you can close the hatch if it's one guy,but what about two? I know you can open the exit yourself if the gens are on,right? Did that the other day. Sorry I'm sorta new to some of the terms.

    So there were two left? Where was the other guy he couldn’t have been downed or hooked that long.

    See above for a quote from a dev about what hostage is, it literally means the game can’t end. This was not holding the game hostage because you CAN find that survivor however hard it may be

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087520#Comment_1087520

    Holding the game hostage is not playing properly to make it last longer in hopes the other side will disconnect.

    And yeah you can only close the hatch if it's open. It only opens if there's only one survivor left, or if someone used the key to open it and you closed it before the others left.

    If all 5 generators are completed and you can't find them and they're not going to the gates to leave, then yes you can open one of the gates yourself. This will trigger the endgame collapse.

    The collapse was added last year as a way to counter hostage situations.. People not leaving after generators were done and doors were open, or killer camping the hatch, because back then you could get interrupt grabs off survivors jumping in the hatch.

    Please don’t spread that, playing the game to make it take longer is not hostage... now if you make it so the other person cannot finish the game in anyway at all that’s hostage.

  • If it's a toxic swf, you don't want to play and they aren't doing gens then just get one on the hook and camp. That will get them back on the gens.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087520#Comment_1087520

    Holding the game hostage is not playing properly to make it last longer in hopes the other side will disconnect.

    And yeah you can only close the hatch if it's open. It only opens if there's only one survivor left, or if someone used the key to open it and you closed it before the others left.

    If all 5 generators are completed and you can't find them and they're not going to the gates to leave, then yes you can open one of the gates yourself. This will trigger the endgame collapse.

    The collapse was added last year as a way to counter hostage situations.. People not leaving after generators were done and doors were open, or killer camping the hatch, because back then you could get interrupt grabs off survivors jumping in the hatch.

    @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087520#Comment_1087520

    So there were two left? Where was the other guy he couldn’t have been downed or hooked that long.

    See above for a quote from a dev about what hostage is, it literally means the game can’t end. This was not holding the game hostage because you CAN find that survivor however hard it may be

    No it was an example. The one I was talking about was a crap match. One DC'd the moment I laid my eyes on him. The next died on second hook. 3rd DC'd. Then the last guy I just couldn't find. Eventually stumbled upon him in about 15 mins. Chased,downed,DC'd on hook.

    Was using Wraith with two perks. Never used him before. I guess if I could've found the hatch I'd be cool. They only did two gens. I didn't really know the term so that's why I was asking.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087528#Comment_1087528

    Please don’t spread that, playing the game to make it take longer is not hostage... now if you make it so the other person cannot finish the game in anyway at all that’s hostage.

    That's what I meant. Just making it last longer by taking your time to do objectives safely is fine. Urban evading in a far corner away from anything isn't. But I guess everyone has their own definition or interpretation of it.

    Luckily I don't really ever have that happen against me.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087528#Comment_1087528

    Please don’t spread that, playing the game to make it take longer is not hostage... now if you make it so the other person cannot finish the game in anyway at all that’s hostage.

    That's what I don't understand then. What's a scenario where that's possible? You'd have to use a hack or glitch? I mean if the killer blocked you in a room and wouldn't move or something?

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087531#Comment_1087531

    That's what I don't understand then. What's a scenario where that's possible? You'd have to use a hack or glitch? I mean if the killer blocked you in a room and wouldn't move or something?

    Okay, teammate gets hooked and you’re cleansing a totem in one of those corner bushes and a killer comes and stands there. Never moves or hits you so you can never leave. Your teammate dies but the EGC will never start the killer is literally forcing you to DC or wait him out.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087554#Comment_1087554

    Okay, teammate gets hooked and you’re cleansing a totem in one of those corner bushes and a killer comes and stands there. Never moves or hits you so you can never leave. Your teammate dies but the EGC will never start the killer is literally forcing you to DC or wait him out.

    Ah,okay. I got you now.