Does adrenaline need to get nerfed?

In some forums,I often see the suggestion of changing some survivor perks including adrenaline which, at least for me, is perfectly balanced.

"Play a game with 3 perks and if the gates are powered gain a boost and a health state"

I translate it to: high risk high rework. It is indeed considered by a lot a "clutch" perk, but I don't feel it needs a rework.

So what about you? Let me know down below.

Here's my favorite skin

UGR57XKA2X71.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It needs to require skill to activate, to compensate perhaps it will become even stronger.

    Adrenaline activates when you complete a generator's worth of repairs. You are invulnerable for the duration of the sprint.

    Reasonable?

  • It and NOED should both go. I hate perks that flip the entire outcome of a game.

  • I think it’s fine as is.

  • I think I needs to say “after 4s, heal one health state, then sprint burst.” Adrenaline deactivates after you have healed.

    Adrenaline doesn’t describe if the killer picks you up before you can heal.


    this way killers won’t get that terrible feeling of downing someone, then that person immediately get back up. 4s gives the killer a chance to pick up the survivor first.


    also taking damage resets the 4s timer

  • It's perfectly balanced. A lot of higher ranked players have stopped running it in favour of other perks.

    Now I do know some that still run it and it's really good but definitely not nerf worthy

  • I dont think it needs a rework. As a killer it can be super frustrating when the exit gates pop and 3 of the survivors instantly get healed but just because it's annoying doesnt directly mean it needs nerfed. Also we have Noed to deal with that ;).

  • My issue is that I think the reward outweighs the risk, and the severity to which the reward outweighs the risk increases with each person who has Adrenaline in a given trial. It doesn't make it OP so much as painfully frustrating to play against when the cards line up right, which I think is more likely to happen than one would think.

  • I have to admit, Adrenaline is borderline worse than DS. DS and Adrenaline basically confirms a survivor will get out safely since they have 2 safety nets for themselves. If they altered it so that they didn't just insta-up from the floor with full health or directly after being unhooked it would be fine. Maybe instead of fully healing, grant a temp health state for X seconds.

  • Adrenaline is fine


    NOED's closest equivalent is DS.

  • I think the OP has the right idea about this - you’re essentially playing with 3 perks the entire game plus you actually have to get to the stage of completing all gens and that is completely reliant on your teammates to do a good job at distracting the killer and working efficiently while you’re distracting the killer. Most of the time I see Blendettes in bushes when I play survivor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Adrenaline doesn't need to be nerfed. Games just need to last longer.

    If games are short, adrenaline is at its strongest. If games are long, adrenaline is at its weakest.

    Game length doesn't determine the chance of it activating.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    It and NOED should both go. I hate perks that flip the entire outcome of a game.

    NOED can be dictated by survivors completely. Killers can't destroy a totem that kills Adrenaline.

  • No, totally fine perk.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1081195#Comment_1081195

    It not about increasing or lowering the "chance". It's about making adrenaline less "potent".

    Its potency is constant and dependent on the amount of survivors alive, which game length doesn't determine.

  • You have to wait the whole game to use it and your team has to do the objective. It exhausts you so its not like it can be stacked on top of another perk. It only brings you up one health state and gives a speed boost. So if you got deep wound then it will only fix that and you're still injured. It also acts as a counter to slugging if you chose to go try slugging with 1 gen left. I don't like the hook heal 100% but considering how many people throw temper tantrums going "Hey everyone, facecamp because that will make people do what I want!"... My sympathies are out the window.