after two weeks running, we can say new ruin is a failure?

So, after two weeks, maybe a bit more, I can say that I saw ruin in maybe 10% of the games, at the most.

In the rare occasions I faced it, I faced probably the most unconsistent perk of the game, it would be a middle strength perk but it s hex nature makes it a bit more than a joke.

Now my question is, if old ruin needed a nerf cos it was too strong (???), maybe now it needs a buff being barely noticable?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1074816#Comment_1074816

    It was from that guy who tested 100 matches, but it only included DS, and BT, which went doing the calculations, BT was used 67 to 68% and DS was used over 70%.

    I'll try to find that forum, but it does give somewhat of a rough estimate

    That is only one person's experience, though. 100 matches by one person is actually a super unreliable statistic, and therefore dangerous to draw any conclusions off. The stats that the devs go off are for all regions and platforms, which is the kind of scope they need to make balancing decisions, because all their players will be affected by anything they do. That one guy might have found BT in 67% of his matches, but overall it might only be used, say, 30% of the time. We just don't know. The only fair way to compare other perks to Ruin's usage statistics is to get statistics on those perks from the same source, which we simply don't have access to.

  • I wouldn't call it a failure, but I wouldn't call it a success either.

    Ruin was a bandaid to a problem that has yet to be resolved... and that problem is exacerbated by bad maps and bad/scummy perks (both sides).

  • New Ruin is a ######### joke.

    There is no reason to run it over Weasel.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1075634#Comment_1075634

    That is only one person's experience, though. 100 matches by one person is actually a super unreliable statistic, and therefore dangerous to draw any conclusions off. The stats that the devs go off are for all regions and platforms, which is the kind of scope they need to make balancing decisions, because all their players will be affected by anything they do. That one guy might have found BT in 67% of his matches, but overall it might only be used, say, 30% of the time. We just don't know. The only fair way to compare other perks to Ruin's usage statistics is to get statistics on those perks from the same source, which we simply don't have access to.

    Sure it may not be a reliable source, but it gives us at least a rough estimate

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076517#Comment_1076517

    Sure it may not be a reliable source, but it gives us at least a rough estimate

    A very, very tough estimate, and nowhere near a reliable enough basis on which to suggest that the developers are operating to a double standard when it comes to perk adjustments.

  • It should not be required to use another Perk to get the full usefulness out of it. It would be okay if it weren't a Hex Perk I think. But then it would be a bit too powerful, so it would need balancing again. The Hag is built around Hex Perks though, so that's out of character for her, etc etc. You can go round and round on this one really.

    I think the idea is sound, but it's not implemented correctly. An endgame Perk should not be tied to a Hex for the entire game. NOED isn't, but it punishes Survivors for not doing totems. That's a great usage for it. High risk, high reward. Devour Hope and Third Seal (against non-SWF) are also excellent high risk, high reward Perks. Ruin is now high risk with a mediocre reward.

    It either needs to do something else, or get turned into a non-Hex Perk. Either way it will be better than what it is currently.

  • @Orionbash said:

    Hi. Red rank killer here. I love new ruin. Stop complaining.

    Hi. Red rank survivor/killer here. So do you love that slow gen regression that can be stopped by someone who spawns beside the totem? #endgameperk

  • @AvisDeene said:

    It’s not as good as old Ruin, but it is really good on certain killers that can protect it if it’s in a good spot. It is fantastic on Doctor if he could three gen around it.

    The problem is that the developer who was in charge of totem placement hates killers and made sure that the lit totems are almost always out in the open. Who ever that was, I hope that their pet always leaves fur on their clothes and pees in their slippers!

    That doesn't say much

    Any killer can 3 gen with or without new ruin.

  • You don't get yet, but I will explain: your "rank 1" means nothing except you play a lot, so I didn't care have you this rank or not, because it doesn't give any additional weight to your words. Is it clear for you? My previous messages was for trolling you and your "I am rank 1 killer" in every message.

  • @zzee19 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076279#Comment_1076279

    You don't get yet, but I will explain: your "rank 1" means nothing except you play a lot, so I didn't care have you this rank or not, because it doesn't give any additional weight to your words. Is it clear for you? My previous messages was for trolling you and your "I am rank 1 killer" in every message.

    Well to get to rank 1 as killer you have to play against red rank survivors, often you have to play against good survivors. So you have to be a somewhat decent killer to get to red ranks, currently killers are going against red ranks from the moment they reach green ranks.

    Whilst with survivor rank doesn't mean anything due to current match making it's likely survivors will go against green and yellow rank killers, so ranking up as survivor is a lot easier. Along with the fact that survivors can be boosted by SWF.

    Anyway I still thought it was rude and unnecessary of you to say that you think I would be an easy win in your first response to me, just because I like new ruin.

    EDIT: I don't even know why I'm trying to explain to a troll.

  • Its a high risk, low reward perk. Instead of attempting to slow down gens with perks, i change my setup towards chase perks instead, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, Fire Up, NOED to apply the extra pressure if they didnt cleanse totems. Atleast this way i can focus strictly on chases and forget about gens since they legit can be finished in 4 minutes

  • @underlord99 said:

    I mean it's really good paired with surveillance . especially on high mobility killers like Billy and killers like freddy and spirit.

    It is...but since when did you ever need gen slowdown perks on Billy, Freddy and Spirit, the killers with literally the best map pressure in the game? It's next to useless on the other killers.

1 2 ›