“You slug....

We disconnect.

Trash slugger”

so two games in a row as and I let them rush the first gen in the first match then applied pressure and stopped them they all DC at the same time then I get that followed by a “enjoy the depip” but I got brutal so I didn’t loose anything they did right?

I really don’t think “bullying” the killer with the “threat” of giving up if I don’t play to the survivor rule book is fun or intelligent.

please fix how easy it is to reach red rank survivor I’m a rank 3 killer right now. When SWF groups just DC because I out play them it’s irritating and unfunny.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I main Huntress and don't typically slug unless I down someone and I see someone near by with a flashlight. I'm not ######### and just going to let them get the save. However if they run away I hook the person. The only time I slug is when it's the last two, I'm not dumb enough to kill them and let that person have hatch. I put the effort into killing their other friends that I'm damn well going to secure that last kill and not let them live because they got lucky. Slugging is in the game, just as much as window teching, flashlight saving, and 360ing. Run Unbreakable or Tenacity and deal with it

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061040#Comment_1061040

    The issue is..that when something becomes unusable or too strong and easy..you get those types..and it really sucks when it feels like the dev team turns a blind eye to issues the rest of the community sees way before them..its quite annoying

    I am hoping that the ruin nerf is the beginning of balancing the game. I understand that with optimal survivors the gens will be done in a few minutes and hence they will feel way too strong.

    But I do think we need the data without ruin to start creating a true balance. I think eliminating toolboxes as well the hatch would be a big step in the right direction.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061079#Comment_1061079

    Sometimes the reasoning isn't obvious. The survivor on the ground might not know you saw their teammates scratch marks and could just assume your being a dick. One reason I feel like there's so much bitterness is the gap between the killers reasoning and the survivors understanding.

    I remember playing Vanity mirror Myers one time and being in the perfect position between a hooked survivor and all 3 teammates circled around. No one knew I saw EVERYONE and I knew they were the ones who were on the clock and had to act first. We had ourselves a little standoff, lol. To me, it was obviously the right play. To them, I was just a camper and their presence was coincidence.

    That's why I say rational survivors. The reason might not be immediately obvious. But it's typically not hard to work out why they're doing something. In the example you gave, I'd probably just assume you were camping. Until I read your addons at end game.

    I had something similar the other day as Doc. I downed somebody and carried them to the basement. As I was taking them down I heard a survivor running above us. I went back upstairs and checked a locker. They hoped out of the other one. I chased and hit them. Turned and saw another survivor coming for the save. I chased and hit them. About then the person on the hook DC'S. I'm sure they thought I was camping. When in reality I just happened to notice the two nearby.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061055#Comment_1061055

    I am hoping that the ruin nerf is the beginning of balancing the game. I understand that with optimal survivors the gens will be done in a few minutes and hence they will feel way too strong.

    But I do think we need the data without ruin to start creating a true balance. I think eliminating toolboxes as well the hatch would be a big step in the right direction.

    I think we should be looking at why the upper tier killers are so successful and start modeling killers off that..if they expect the killer to constantly keep strain on survivors they need to give the tools to do it

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Slugging isnt outplaying survivors. Its outdoing basic game mechanics and just scummy play as killer. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that slugging shouldnt be possible like it actually is. Its not fun to lay on the ground half the game til a sweaty killer got his "will".

    It's not fun to have gens done in 3 or 4 minutes either but you don't hear me whining.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061109#Comment_1061109

    That's why I say rational survivors. The reason might not be immediately obvious. But it's typically not hard to work out why they're doing something. In the example you gave, I'd probably just assume you were camping. Until I read your addons at end game.

    I had something similar the other day as Doc. I downed somebody and carried them to the basement. As I was taking them down I heard a survivor running above us. I went back upstairs and checked a locker. They hoped out of the other one. I chased and hit them. Turned and saw another survivor coming for the save. I chased and hit them. About then the person on the hook DC'S. I'm sure they thought I was camping. When in reality I just happened to notice the two nearby.

    Sometimes it would be nice if we could share highlights so you could point out the stray scratch marks and say "THATS why I didn't run to the other side of the map", lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061151#Comment_1061151

    Sometimes it would be nice if we could share highlights so you could point out the stray scratch marks and say "THATS why I didn't run to the other side of the map", lol.

    Yup.

  • Yup. I can confirm that's a thing now. Slugged a survivor as Freddy early in a match and 3 D/C'd. Keep catering to these people though. I'm sure it'll be healthy for the game in the long run.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061114#Comment_1061114

    I think we should be looking at why the upper tier killers are so successful and start modeling killers off that..if they expect the killer to constantly keep strain on survivors they need to give the tools to do it

    That's a true statement. Gotta be able to pressure map and have something to help in chases. Like freddy,nurse, spirit, and Billy. Totally agree.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Slugging isnt outplaying survivors. Its outdoing basic game mechanics and just scummy play as killer. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that slugging shouldnt be possible like it actually is. Its not fun to lay on the ground half the game til a sweaty killer got his "will".

    We found the survivor main.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061153#Comment_1061153

    That's a true statement. Gotta be able to pressure map and have something to help in chases. Like freddy,nurse, spirit, and Billy. Totally agree.

    The two keys as I call it

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Slugging isnt outplaying survivors. Its outdoing basic game mechanics and just scummy play as killer. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that slugging shouldnt be possible like it actually is. Its not fun to lay on the ground half the game til a sweaty killer got his "will".

    Slugging is outplaying survivors, infact the whole reason why slugging even works is because survivors made the mistake of grouping up giving the killer multiple targets in their line of sight.

    Take Myers & Oni for instance, their powers are built around the idea of slugging to snowball the game into their favor (though Oni does it better). Oni for instance literally loses his power if he picks someone up which encourages slugging. Perks like infectious fright and deerstalker help to slug. Not only this but countering a flashlight/pallet save requires baiting people out which in return leaves the original target slugged on the ground. Lastly slugging is encouraged by a mechanic called sabotaging which while it's rare it will force a killer to slug for a short period of time and not only this but slugging can also be countered by unbreakable and no mither.

    Sure it isn't fun to be slugged but with maps being the way they are currently it's the best tool killers have to properly apply pressure in a match.

  • Slugging is fine, but doing it for the guaranteed 4k is in poor taste. What the survivors did in this scenario is definitely in poor taste.

  • @Dryhigh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059643#Comment_1059643

    Bull, I’m not letting allowing a survivor to do objectives/be altruistic right in front of me, I will slug if there’s an immediate threat present

    Amin to that, but dc wont stop till devs reanable ban system.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059650#Comment_1059650

    Are you just sitting by the hook slugging the unhookers? Or are you talking about patrolling, finding a survivor, downing them, and then just patrolling and finding another one.

    Out patrolling I don’t camp, I don’t tunnel. In this instance they consistently made bad plays snowballing me

  • @Dryhigh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1060356#Comment_1060356

    Out patrolling I don’t camp, I don’t tunnel. In this instance they consistently made bad plays snowballing me

    Yup that's on them. You shouldn't sweat what they say.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Slugging isnt outplaying survivors. Its outdoing basic game mechanics and just scummy play as killer. The only thing that needs to be fixed is that slugging shouldnt be possible like it actually is. Its not fun to lay on the ground half the game til a sweaty killer got his "will".

    I wanna see how many times you 4k by playing the super nice "never slugged in my life" when there's a threat nearby.

1 2 ›