(Another) Ruin Idea

I was thinking of ways to make Ruin better. The current problem is that it still gets cleansed early. You don't get good value from it.

So, how about this. We keep the base Hex effect the same, all gens regress at 200% when Survivors aren't working on them.

The new part is this:

When the Hex is broken, you can still apply the effect. You can kick a gen and make it regress at 200%.

It allows Killer's to get some confirmed use out of it, but it doesn't become oppressive.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    I was thinking of ways to make Ruin better. The current problem is that it still gets cleansed early. You don't get good value from it.

    So, how about this. We keep the base Hex effect the same, all gens regress at 200% when Survivors aren't working on them.

    The new part is this:

    When the Hex is broken, you can still apply the effect. You can kick a gen and make it regress at 200%.

    It allows Killer's to get some confirmed use out of it, but it doesn't become oppressive.

    I'll put your perk in format.


    Hex: Ruin

    A Hex that affects all survivors' generator repair progress. All generators are affected by Hex: Ruin. While a generator is not being repaired by a survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 150%/175%/200% of the normal regression speed.

    Once the related Hex totem is destroyed, Hex: Ruin will no longer regress generators automatically. You must damage generators to apply this effect towards generators.


    Love the idea because Hex: Ruin is a late game perk and it rarely stays active for long. Giving it a weaker effect after it is destroyed can make it more appeasing for killers. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126481/another-ruin-idea

    I'll put your perk in format.

    Hex: Ruin

    A Hex that affects all survivors' generator repair progress. All generators are affected by Hex: Ruin. While a generator is not being repaired by a survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 150%/175%/200% of the normal regression speed.

    Once the related Hex totem is destroyed, Hex: Ruin will no longer regress generators automatically. You must damage generators to apply this effect towards generators.

    Love the idea because Hex: Ruin is a late game perk and it rarely stays active for long. Giving it a weaker effect after it is destroyed can make it more appeasing for killers. ๐Ÿ˜

    Thank you!

  • @Pulsar said:

    I was thinking of ways to make Ruin better. The current problem is that it still gets cleansed early. You don't get good value from it.

    So, how about this. We keep the base Hex effect the same, all gens regress at 200% when Survivors aren't working on them.

    The new part is this:

    When the Hex is broken, you can still apply the effect. You can kick a gen and make it regress at 200%.

    It allows Killer's to get some confirmed use out of it, but it doesn't become oppressive.

    I'm more of a supporter for totems that linger all game, but have a weaker effect once the totem is broken. I think it would actually give totem perks a bit more value and it softens the blow of just losing an entire perk slot in 30 seconds.

  • I'm perfectly okay with this as a person that loves playing survivor

    This is the most logical way of buffing the perk

  • Ohh I quite like this idea alot.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    I'm perfectly okay with this as a person that loves playing survivor

    This is the most logical way of buffing the perk

    Thank you! I was just thinking, man this isn't a super powerful effect, but maybe if it had a bit more value, it could be good.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126481/another-ruin-idea

    I'm more of a supporter for totems that linger all game, but have a weaker effect once the totem is broken. I think it would actually give totem perks a bit more value and it softens the blow of just losing an entire perk slot in 30 seconds.

    Do you see any potential problems?

  • The only one I see a problem with is Haunted. I'm not sure how you could do a linger effect with that totem. Other than that, I think every other totem could definitely have certain effects. For instance, maybe DH could remove the instadown and mori but keep the Haste effect as the lingering effect.

  • Not bad. But I think it is still a bit hard to against the gen rush.

  • I'd actually accept this as an effect. It would make Hex's a little more useful even if they do get destroyed.

  • Nobody runs new ruin, old ruin was a plaster for poor map sizes.

    Now the plaster has been removed in watching this game bleed out

  • @andyollolloll said:

    Nobody runs new ruin, old ruin was a plaster for poor map sizes.

    Now the plaster has been removed in watching this game bleed out

    I run New Ruin actually. I would prefer feedback on my suggestion, not on the state of the game, that isn't what is being discussed here.

  • It's a bit contrary to what Hex perks are, but if they change the way they work for every Hex perk and not just that one, why not I guess?

    Some of them would be hard to change though..

    Lullaby?

    Third Seal?

    Haunted Grounds?

    Noed?


    Most Hex perks only have one effect that I don't really see how they could make it weaker to make linger once the totem is broken.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    It's a bit contrary to what Hex perks are, but if they change the way they work for every Hex perk and not just that one, why not I guess?

    Some of them would be hard to change though..

    Lullaby?

    Third Seal?

    Haunted Grounds?

    Noed?

    Most Hex perks only have one effect that I don't really see how they could make it weaker to make linger once the totem is broken.

    Third Seal honestly isn't strong enough to be a Hex perk imo.

    Lullaby could also apply to only gens you kick.

    Haunted doesn't need one.

    NOED could just have the speed boost.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058715#Comment_1058715

    Third Seal honestly isn't strong enough to be a Hex perk imo.

    Lullaby could also apply to only gens you kick.

    Haunted doesn't need one.

    NOED could just have the speed boost.

    Third Seal is powerful, too powerful as a non-Hex perk. Hit everyone once and there you go, no more auras for the entire game, without any chances of removing the effect.. Yeah I wouldn't want that as a non-hex perk (well, as someone who runs the perk on some killers I definitely would want that haha)


    But yeah anyway.. The fact remains that hexes are on while the totem is still up.. I don't think they'll change that game mechanic.. But who knows

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058832#Comment_1058832

    Third Seal is powerful, too powerful as a non-Hex perk. Hit everyone once and there you go, no more auras for the entire game, without any chances of removing the effect.. Yeah I wouldn't want that as a non-hex perk (well, as someone who runs the perk on some killers I definitely would want that haha)

    But yeah anyway.. The fact remains that hexes are on while the totem is still up.. I don't think they'll change that game mechanic.. But who knows

    This idea was more made to make Ruin into the same class as Haunted, not to move every perk into that class.

    Basically, this effect would be unique to Ruin

  • And that's what would make me vote no on this.. They either need to make ruin a non-hex perk, or change the way it works again. Making it the only Hex perk that has a persistent effect even after being cleansed goes against the way hex perks work, so unless they do a complete change on that, it makes no sense to make an exception for that one perk.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    And that's what would make me vote no on this.. They either need to make ruin a non-hex perk, or change the way it works again. Making it the only Hex perk that has a persistent effect even after being cleansed goes against the way hex perks work, so unless they do a complete change on that, it makes no sense to make an exception for that one perk.

    It makes it useful, without changing the entire perk again. Plus, HG has a lasting effect :/


  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058888#Comment_1058888

    It makes it useful, without changing the entire perk again. Plus, HG has a lasting effect :/

    That's the perk's original effect though. No effect while the totem is up, then once it gets cleansed, exposed for 40/50/60 minutes, not the entire game. That's hardly a lasting effect. I wouldn't mind if hexes had a residual effect for a minute or two but not for the whole game, otherwise it really diminishes the fact that it's supposed to be a gamble wether you bring it or not, because it can last the entire game or go down within the first minute.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059002#Comment_1059002

    That's the perk's original effect though. No effect while the totem is up, then once it gets cleansed, exposed for 40/50/60 minutes, not the entire game. That's hardly a lasting effect. I wouldn't mind if hexes had a residual effect for a minute or two but not for the whole game, otherwise it really diminishes the fact that it's supposed to be a gamble wether you bring it or not, because it can last the entire game or go down within the first minute.

    It gives it a weaker effect tho. I'm not sure what to do with HG or Third Seal, but for the other one's, it should work.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059019#Comment_1059019

    It gives it a weaker effect tho. I'm not sure what to do with HG or Third Seal, but for the other one's, it should work.

    Yeah that's the thing though, it has to work for all of them not just some.. No idea how they could implement that for those two perks either.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059086#Comment_1059086

    Yeah that's the thing though, it has to work for all of them not just some.. No idea how they could implement that for those two perks either.

    Why couldn't it just work for some?

  • Consistency, mostly. But yeah I guess they could do whatever they want, it's their game after all.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059185#Comment_1059185

    Consistency, mostly. But yeah I guess they could do whatever they want, it's their game after all.

    True. But consistency can come after balance. I don't think there will be riots in the streets over this change, but I do profusely thank you for your input.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058832#Comment_1058832

    Third Seal is powerful, too powerful as a non-Hex perk. Hit everyone once and there you go, no more auras for the entire game, without any chances of removing the effect.. Yeah I wouldn't want that as a non-hex perk (well, as someone who runs the perk on some killers I definitely would want that haha)

    But yeah anyway.. The fact remains that hexes are on while the totem is still up.. I don't think they'll change that game mechanic.. But who knows

    What if they added the effect of HEX:The Third Seal for the rest of the game on the player who cleansed that totem?

  • @PhaloxY said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058840#Comment_1058840

    What if they added the effect of HEX:The Third Seal for the rest of the game on the player who cleansed that totem?

    That is strong, and it promotes strategic totem cleansing. But, I think it might be too strong and it will feel like a lose-lose scenario. How about that person loses the ability to see aura's while on hook?