I would like to know if the devs will ever update this...
One of the very frustrating things about being a survivor is when a teammate disconnects whether intentional or non-intentional. I don't think I need to go into why, because everyone knows how 1 missing teammate can make all the difference to an overall un-fun experience, and inability to complete the full objective.
With one of the previous patches cancelling matches where someone disconnects before loading into a match it solved part of the issue. The issue now is that it stopped there. It didn't also take into account for the disconnects that happen at the very start of the match once the player has spawned in the map.
I am not asking for the match to cancel because I don't think going that far is necessary, especially with the current queue times. However, I do think that the game should take into consideration that a team of 4 is now a team of 3. So my suggestion would be to go back to how it previously worked in terms of slashing the amount of generators down to 4 instead of 5 (If the dc happened in the very beginning). If the dc happened in the middle and the person had been hooked previously, it remains the same.
I think it would be a fair trade and make it a better survivor experience when a teammate disconnects.
Comments
I disagree. Many times players leave for unacceptable reasons amd the killer should be rewarded for making them rage
Where is the fair trade for the killer in all off this if a survivor DC i.e they get hit first or don't like the killer why should the match become even more easy for the other 3.
Idk what they could do besides fix the random dcs. Just had one in my game, no sound they just got booted. That's the reason that they dont have the penalties in place because it happens on their end a lot.
I've noticed a lot of survivors only talk about how they want to lower their gen count when a teammate DC'sm which is fair, but look at the killers side. They lose 1 survivor, which lowers their overall score unless they can farm the remaining players, which becomes tougher because most times (From my experience) they will just hide away, and usually just try camp the hatch. Or, another will disconnect. I've had it happen way too many times where 1 DC's because X reason, then another DC's because, again, X reason. Leaving 2 for me to literally farm the hell out of just so I can even make decent points.
@I_Face_Camp
And yet many times it isn't. Also, I never said this is for survivors that a killer makes them "rage". The players I am talking about are players the killer never even interacted with.
This is a flaw in the game because 4 people are suppose to be playing at the start of the match, not 3.
Yep. Loaded into The Game last night and someone DC'ed about 5 seconds in. We were all killed as the killer played extra hard as to not depip.
@ausanimal
Why should it become harder? Why should survivors be punished for a player dc'ing?
Would you rather the match just end/get cancelled? The killer is already only having to deal with 3 people. That is the trade off.
@Zephinism
This is exactly what I mean. There needs to be a solution and my "slash 1 gen off" is just a suggestion.
It isn't fair that everyone now has to sweat because of a player's choosing or accidentally dc'ing.
They should do something for survivors to address the lack of a teammate, and adjust the scoring for the killer accordingly.
@I_Face_Camp @ausanimal it would be still in the favour of the killer. How many games do you play with one gen done and already killed one survivor?
And regarding the "farming" or making points. I think having a shorter game with some normal points is way better then just skipping the match. But it needs to make sense to keep the game going which is mostly not the case if someone DCs. That's why you often have domino DCs. I think it should be ok if the game then just lasts 6 minutes instead of 12 and you get half the BP
With the DC the killer might safety pip if lucky or depip just because someone wanted to DC, where as the survivors might still pip at the end off the match just like a few people have pointed out.
Maybe before looking at to lower the gen count look at making it so the killer safety pips guaranteed then you can look at making the gen count lower, But just making the gen count lower like you suggested would make killers work harder to try and safety pip and i have seen survivors DC over some stupid stuff and knowing they won't get punished for DC they don't care.
@ausanimal
I never mentioned anything about pips in the OP, that’s why I opened it up for discussion. I’m sure the devs could accommodate/adjust the proper emblem points.
My main point was that at a fundamental level, the match plays as if someone didn’t spawn in, which is what they avoid when the game detects the DC during a loading screen.
The requirements could be changed for killer points purposes as well.
I had a game the other night in a 4 stack SWF. It was me, my brother, our friend of many years and a chill twitch streamer we met a couple rounds before. I just got to a gen by the kill shack and got it to about 1/4 when the game freaked out and kicked everyone but me and the killer about the time he rounded the shack door and saw me. They all thought the killer dced meanwhile I assured them he didn't as he was currently packing me to the basement thinking they all dced. after game chat was amusing. Hopefully they fix the random crashes and dc's and then put in the yeah penalty for DC and everything will be peachy for me.