Can someone please explain this to me?

After playing a number of games, I'm seeing a theme emerge, but for the life of me I can never seem to elicit any coherent answer in the end-of-game chat. So perhaps some wise people here can explain...

As a killer, when I hook someone, and then proceed to chase another 1-2 survivors that keep running around the hook... I'm accused of camping?

As a killer, when I'm protecting my 3-gens, I'm camping?

When a survivor runs to me, and tea-bags, and I see no-one else so I oblige and chase them, I'm tunnelling?

When a survivor DC's, so naturally I'm forced to chase a smaller pool of survivors, I'm tunnelling?

When there's a survivor right in front of me, and I can see the other one or two are on the far end of the map, so I go for the obviously closer target, I'm tunnelling?


Seriously, whatever the situation, survivor's are always crying about one thing or another. And it's always the killer to blame, it's never other survivor's for DC'ing, or playing badly, etc.

And I never hear the killers complain about how the survivor's played; if anything it's only the game's mechanics (e.g. gen-speed, or key escapes, etc).

How did this game and community get to the point where survivors feel so entitled to basically moan about anything/everything, such that even BHVR takes this into account when determining game-play balance?

I guess the real question is... what would make survivor's happy? Like, for real? I get the feeling they want killers to stand in a corner, but what's the point in that??

Comments

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    After playing a number of games, I'm seeing a theme emerge, but for the life of me I can never seem to elicit any coherent answer in the end-of-game chat. So perhaps some wise people here can explain...

    As a killer, when I hook someone, and then proceed to chase another 1-2 survivors that keep running around the hook... I'm accused of camping?

    As a killer, when I'm protecting my 3-gens, I'm camping?

    When a survivor runs to me, and tea-bags, and I see no-one else so I oblige and chase them, I'm tunnelling?

    When a survivor DC's, so naturally I'm forced to chase a smaller pool of survivors, I'm tunnelling?

    When there's a survivor right in front of me, and I can see the other one or two are on the far end of the map, so I go for the obviously closer target, I'm tunnelling?

    Seriously, whatever the situation, survivor's are always crying about one thing or another. And it's always the killer to blame, it's never other survivor's for DC'ing, or playing badly, etc.

    And I never hear the killers complain about how the survivor's played; if anything it's only the game's mechanics (e.g. gen-speed, or key escapes, etc).

    How did this game and community get to the point where survivors feel so entitled to basically moan about anything/everything, such that even BHVR takes this into account when determining game-play balance?

    I guess the real question is... what would make survivor's happy? Like, for real? I get the feeling they want killers to stand in a corner, but what's the point in that??

    Once you select "Play as Killer", you've become a certified tunneller.

  • Basically, survivor logic.

    Here's a tip: Even if you were camping, stop caring. Camping and tunneling are acceptable and legitimate strategies. Play by your own rules. Don't play by the invisible Killer Rulebook that was written by survivor mains. If you want to meme, play to meme. If you want to have fun, play for fun. If you want to win, kick the living ######### out of them, by any means necessary. Whether that be camping or tunnelling, or whatever you want. Turn off in game chat, ignore their foul whining. Just play for you.

    Don't worry about their fun, cause I can assure you they wipe their ass with your fun. Focus on your own fun. It's not your responsibility to worry about them having fun.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    Basically, survivor logic.

    Here's a tip: Even if you were camping, stop caring. Camping and tunneling are acceptable and legitimate strategies. Play by your own rules. Don't play by the invisible Killer Rulebook that was written by survivor mains. If you want to meme, play to meme. If you want to have fun, play for fun. If you want to win, kick the living ######### out of them, by any means necessary. Whether that be camping or tunnelling, or whatever you want. Turn off in game chat, ignore their foul whining. Just play for you.

    Don't worry about their fun, cause I can assure you they wipe their ass with your fun. Focus on your own fun. It's not your responsibility to worry about them having fun.

    Agreed here. You will get called a camper/tunneller for anything and everything under the stars.


    I get called a tunneller even AFTER I obviously ignore and run PAST the unhooked survivor the the rescuer. It's best to just ignore these salty survivors, or add insult to injury by flirting.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048376#Comment_1048376

    Agreed here. You will get called a camper/tunneller for anything and everything under the stars.

    I get called a tunneller even AFTER I obviously ignore and run PAST the unhooked survivor the the rescuer. It's best to just ignore these salty survivors, or add insult to injury by flirting.

    If someone is unhooked *within my terror radius*, I go after the unhooked person to either down them again or hit their borrowed time (it's a free hit either way), and then go after the unhooker. The idea is to try and cuck the cocky unhooker of their benevolence points.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048381#Comment_1048381

    If someone is unhooked *within my terror radius*, I go after the unhooked person to either down them again or hit their borrowed time (it's a free hit either way), and then go after the unhooker. The idea is to try and cuck the cocky unhooker of their benevolence points.

    If they farm in my face (or say, 16 meters around me), I definitely deny the benevolence as well.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125619/can-someone-please-explain-this-to-me

    Once you select "Play as Killer", you've become a certified tunneller.

    Even if you dont.

  • @DocFabron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048376#Comment_1048376

    Agreed here. You will get called a camper/tunneller for anything and everything under the stars.

    I get called a tunneller even AFTER I obviously ignore and run PAST the unhooked survivor the the rescuer. It's best to just ignore these salty survivors, or add insult to injury by flirting.

    Those are the same people that clal us "facecampers". That is not even in the game anymore.

    If anybody is facecamping it is the ones abusing the new hook "tech" where they hide behind the person on teh hook and we cant do squat about it. That will take three months to patch out btw

  • As a killer, when I hook someone, and then proceed to chase another 1-2 survivors that keep running around the hook... I'm accused of camping?

    No, you're not a camper, they are dumb teammates, I've actually complained that I try to go away from hook for me to get more BP from that person's unhook and the survs insta unhook or stay close to the hook...

    As a killer, when I'm protecting my 3-gens, I'm camping?

    No, it was the survs error not noticing which gens they were doing.

    When a survivor runs to me, and tea-bags, and I see no-one else so I oblige and chase them, I'm tunnelling?

    No, tunneling is going for the same survivor ignoring everything and everyone else until he fully dies, if he runs into you and dares to teabag, even if you face camped him, it would be fair game against a toxic gamer

    When a survivor DC's, so naturally I'm forced to chase a smaller pool of survivors, I'm tunnelling?

    Again, no, tunneling is going for the same survivor ignoring everything and everyone else until he fully dies. They're just mad cause 1 DCed, I usually give them 1 gen free of chase when someone DCs, and if 2 guys DC I'm farming.

    When there's a survivor right in front of me, and I can see the other one or two are on the far end of the map, so I go for the obviously closer target, I'm tunnelling?

    tunneling is going for the same survivor ignoring everything and everyone else until he fully dies.

    Let me put it in other words, if the unhooked survivor:

    • Stays at the hook thinking you won't down him
    • Stays close to where the saviour is being chased
    • Runs into you by accident
    • Tries to body block you

    It was their fault, not yours, I mean, I usually just down the unhooked survivor if he did any of the above but don't hook him and they never complain.

  • The loading screen should quote Tywin Lannister.

    "A lion does not concern itself with the opinion of the sheep"