Doctor Buffs
Here I am again with Doctor buffs because I literally have no life :P
So, I heard a lot of feedback from you guys from my last Doctor thread and I'm here to make him more of a threat. My goal is to make him low-high or mid-high tier killer with these changes so hopefully you all will enjoy!
Treatment:
-Reduced the charge time for the "Shock Therapy" to 1 second with a 1 second CD after using his power.
-The Doctor isn't slowed while charging his "Shock Therapy".
-Movement speed is increased to 115%.
Madness I:
-Survivors have a 25% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. This will be cancelled if the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks.
-Madness skill checks will have a 50% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen slightly.
Madness II:
-Survivors have a 50% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.
-Madness skill checks will have a 75% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen moderately and slightly cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Madness III:
-The survivor cannot interact with anything except pallets, windows, and lockers. Additionally the survivors' items are disabled.
-Survivors have a 75% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. The madness skill check will have success zones reduced by 25%. (If for some reason you were able to interact with something... If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.)
-Madness skill checks will have a 100% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check (If for some reason you were able to interact with something).
-Static will cover the corners of the screen considerably and moderately cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Snap Out Of It:
-When at Madness III, you can perform this action which takes 20 seconds. While performing this action, you are immune to the random madness skill checks that appear every 20 seconds.
-When you complete this action, your madness is reset back to tier II.
I know the Doctor isn't far off from being a great killer and I know some of you guys may say he's in a great spot. However I LITERALLY never see him in high ranks and hopefully this will push him to being more viable as being the true disrupter that he's meant to be. Please leave me feedback and no hate mail, please?
Edit: Why the Doctor needs buffs...

So, I heard a lot of feedback from you guys from my last Doctor thread and I'm here to make him more of a threat. My goal is to make him low-high or mid-high tier killer with these changes so hopefully you all will enjoy!
Treatment:
-Reduced the charge time for the "Shock Therapy" to 1 second with a 1 second CD after using his power.
-The Doctor isn't slowed while charging his "Shock Therapy".
-Movement speed is increased to 115%.
Madness I:
-Survivors have a 25% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. This will be cancelled if the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks.
-Madness skill checks will have a 50% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen slightly.
Madness II:
-Survivors have a 50% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.
-Madness skill checks will have a 75% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen moderately and slightly cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Madness III:
-The survivor cannot interact with anything except pallets, windows, and lockers. Additionally the survivors' items are disabled.
-Survivors have a 75% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. The madness skill check will have success zones reduced by 25%. (If for some reason you were able to interact with something... If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.)
-Madness skill checks will have a 100% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check (If for some reason you were able to interact with something).
-Static will cover the corners of the screen considerably and moderately cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Snap Out Of It:
-When at Madness III, you can perform this action which takes 20 seconds. While performing this action, you are immune to the random madness skill checks that appear every 20 seconds.
-When you complete this action, your madness is reset back to tier II.
I know the Doctor isn't far off from being a great killer and I know some of you guys may say he's in a great spot. However I LITERALLY never see him in high ranks and hopefully this will push him to being more viable as being the true disrupter that he's meant to be. Please leave me feedback and no hate mail, please?
Edit: Why the Doctor needs buffs...

Comments
Dude I'm rank 1 killer and survivor every season - it's easy on both sides lmfao. Except this season as I haven't been playing dead by daylight at all.
Never been rank one btw.
Your seriously lying if you think that reaching rank 1 killer is easy.
My picture was to prove I play killer, seeing as you think I can't have an opinion against a killer buff and actually play them.
I'm not lying, you play the game, you play it enough you hit rank one. I don't struggle and i don't think I've ever actually gone down a killer rank unless it's rank one where there's only one pip and one bad game puts you into rank 2.
but yes - continue to tell me I don't play killer because I think the doctor is in a good place.
As you may or may not know, survivors can make any killer look OP. Period.
" I said that your opinion is basically inaccurate"
an opinion being inaccurate, lol.
You actually can't make this stuff up.
Yes, and any killer can make a 4 man swf flashlight team look bad. It's almost as if... i don't know... some matches are good and some are bad.
I'm terrible with the doctor because I'm just not good with him, he still doesn't need a buff though even though I'm bad with him.
My other knit to pick is to make madness not be gained when in the terror radius, but just make it stay where it is. This way, gaining madness will be more fair and consistant because the doctor will have to be chaseing you and working for it.
Lastly, hitting great skillchecks should decrease madness in the current teir by 33%. Can be reduced with addons. I fully beleive in skillbased alternatives for getting rid of madness.
As a buff to the doctor, shock therapy should have a wider cast zone and hit slighty behind as well.
As for a second ultra rare addon:
Irridecent Queen: Survivors affected with madness 2 suffer 25% vault speed reduction. Survivors affected with madness 3 suffer 40% vault reduction and cannot flip pallets, only vault them.
"The queen is the most mobil of all the chess peices. Its only natural that channeling irridecence through in would give the opposite affect."
I agree with your buffs and Iridescent Queen, but not your nerfs. They just make it even easier for decent Survivors to wreck him. Good Survivors will have a field day with him. They won't even have to try to win. Madness 1 doesn't do that much and skill checks are really easy to hit unless you're new to Survivor. It's good if he puts you in Madness 1 in the early game because it means he'll have a harder time finding you in the late game. After that just hide in lockers or get out of his terror radius ASAP and he'll have a much harder gaining Madness. Remember, Doctor is an anti-stealth Killer. It's not supposed to be easy to hide from him.
Yes I am a doctor main, and my thought is that if the devs do anything to make pallets any weaker, he'll be OP and they'll need to nerf him.
With his ability to slow down the game even without ruin, his ability to chase can't be any stronger than it already is.
Your ideas don't even take into account how powerful certain perk combinations already have on the doc - and you want to take those great combos and make them outright overpowering.
Additionally, I believe the devs are not done tweaking loops, windows, and pallets. If things are made any more favorable for the killer in the chase game, I fear it will creep the doc into OP territory and he'll need to be nerfed. I'd rather avoid that if possible.
The only buff i want for doc as of right now is for survivors to regress out of madness 1 if they are sitting at just that. the only point of madness 1 is to point them out when they go into it, but nothing else. With this survivors who are not being affected by the terror radius will drop out of madness 1 so when the reenter they will be revealed.
So lets sayyyyyyy numbers wise. After 45 seconds while being outside of the Doctors terror radius a survivor in madness 1 will regress to madness 0 aka no madness.
I like the doctor buffs and I like the idea of making madness and shock therapy more of a nuisance.
As a tradeoff, after snapping out of it, there should be a period of time (30 sec? 60 sec?) of immunity from shock therapy and his radius.
Otherwise, I do like the changes. Right now, he is very good against low rank survivors but against high ranks, it results in a 3 gen patience challenge that can become very tedious for all parties.
Then again, he is one of the few killers I run NOED with because by the time it pops, there are usually maybe 2 survivors left and I can usually get the first down before it gets cleansed.
Madness needs a rework. Whether he's strong or not, there's no denying how utterly miserable it is to actually play against him. Madness could be a cool mechanic to deal with, but instead it just builds like 4 perks into him.
That sounds really scary.
It's miserable to use a different playstyle for a specific Killer?
How is rushing gens against him any different than any other killer? Wut.
I think the skill check thing is interesting, but I think it would have to be simplified in some way. I'm confused just reading it and I spend most of my day watching, playing, reading about and working behind the scenes on this game. I can only imagine how confusing it could be for newer players. Personally, I'd rather see less skill checks though and have it be a guaranteed thing instead. Skill checks have a minimal effect on higher end players while the newest players struggle. The other thing that concerns me here is how madness skill checks replace regular skill checks. How exactly would this work with ruin? If it replaces the generator skill check 50%/75% of the time, wouldn't that actually be better for the survivors than a normal ruin skill check?
The one thing I really don't think would work is the shock changes. Moving around at 4.6m/s with a one second charge time would basically completely remove windows and pallets while playing against him unless they somehow miss their shock. A one second charge with a one second cooldown means that every 2 seconds, you disable windows/pallets for 2.5 seconds. That gives you half a second after the last shock ends to start charging the next one (pretty easy to do, you'd have to be crazy slow to miss that window). You'd have a 4.6m/s killer whose power is basically to remove all counterplay. It wouldn't really be fun to play with or against, it would just turn into a mindless exercise.
I don't think he should be too powerful in a chase. What he lacks in chase power he makes up for in utility (stalling the game, finding survivors). I know it's not exactly a popular opinion around here, but he's one of the ones I feel don't need to be viable at all ranks. I view the doctor as a great stepping stone killer. He's great for newer players that struggle to find survivors, but someone who knows what they're doing will probably want to play a killer with more chase power. That's not to say that I wouldn't want to see a buff, but I definitely don't think he should become just another chase killer. I'd rather he maintain his utility role than have him lose that and become more generic.
I love his play style and utility. He is very fun to play but when members of behavior staff mention that they don't want a certain killer to be viable at all ranks, it makes me seriously reconsider my next killer purchase.
Call me crazy, but I want any killer I purchase/play to be viable at all ranks, even with various play styles. That may be an unrealistic wish for this game and it's budget.
Which is too bad, because if all killers were viable at any rank (given various degrees of difficulty) my wallet would be very open.
when i look at this post i was like this must be a bait but its not.. dude doc its a ok killer he dosent need buff but he needs a change that i want to see making the madness goes to phase 2 while youre hook
So a nerf? Seriously? That's the last thing he needs.
If only they would regress out of madness 2 and 1 so that you can get that initial revealing scream so the whole cycle can repeat. Scream to madening to chase and hooking. the buff doctor needs is for survivors in madness 1 and 2 to automatically regress back to madness 0..
Hmm. I don't know, getting them to madness 3 would take very long then, and that's part of his advantages too. Survivors having to snap out of madness 3 definitely helps slow down the game.
No, he's not. He's just a M1 killer with a ginormus terror radius that can track relatively easily but can't do anything else effectively. He has no tool to traverse the map faster, no tool to down survivors faster, no way to deal with looping against survivors with more than one brain cell. If Freddy and Legion didn't exist, the Doctor would easily be the worst killer in the game. His power is borderline useless and is easily replicated (and, not to mention, outclassed) by perks and some killer-specific addons.
His ability is pretty good against certain window loops though. Plus he can definitely slow down the game a bit. A small buff to his chase potential is all he needs in my opinion.
I'd increase the base range of his shock therapy by 25%, so it's the same range as with the brown electrode add on right now. Than decrease the extra range his electrode add ons add from 25%, 50% and 75% to 20%, 40% and 60% and remove the extra time the add ons add to the charge time of doctors shock therapy.
Yeah. I wouldn't want them to automatically regress out of madness 3. That's the plus of it, but more often then not after 3 gens ar done I find myself shocking less and not focusing on getting that madness up and instead trying to force that aura shock to reveal those who are hiding.