Doctor Buffs
Here I am again with Doctor buffs because I literally have no life :P
So, I heard a lot of feedback from you guys from my last Doctor thread and I'm here to make him more of a threat. My goal is to make him low-high or mid-high tier killer with these changes so hopefully you all will enjoy!
Treatment:
-Reduced the charge time for the "Shock Therapy" to 1 second with a 1 second CD after using his power.
-The Doctor isn't slowed while charging his "Shock Therapy".
-Movement speed is increased to 115%.
Madness I:
-Survivors have a 25% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. This will be cancelled if the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks.
-Madness skill checks will have a 50% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen slightly.
Madness II:
-Survivors have a 50% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.
-Madness skill checks will have a 75% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen moderately and slightly cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Madness III:
-The survivor cannot interact with anything except pallets, windows, and lockers. Additionally the survivors' items are disabled.
-Survivors have a 75% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. The madness skill check will have success zones reduced by 25%. (If for some reason you were able to interact with something... If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.)
-Madness skill checks will have a 100% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check (If for some reason you were able to interact with something).
-Static will cover the corners of the screen considerably and moderately cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Snap Out Of It:
-When at Madness III, you can perform this action which takes 20 seconds. While performing this action, you are immune to the random madness skill checks that appear every 20 seconds.
-When you complete this action, your madness is reset back to tier II.
I know the Doctor isn't far off from being a great killer and I know some of you guys may say he's in a great spot. However I LITERALLY never see him in high ranks and hopefully this will push him to being more viable as being the true disrupter that he's meant to be. Please leave me feedback and no hate mail, please?
Edit: Why the Doctor needs buffs...

So, I heard a lot of feedback from you guys from my last Doctor thread and I'm here to make him more of a threat. My goal is to make him low-high or mid-high tier killer with these changes so hopefully you all will enjoy!
Treatment:
-Reduced the charge time for the "Shock Therapy" to 1 second with a 1 second CD after using his power.
-The Doctor isn't slowed while charging his "Shock Therapy".
-Movement speed is increased to 115%.
Madness I:
-Survivors have a 25% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. This will be cancelled if the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks.
-Madness skill checks will have a 50% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen slightly.
Madness II:
-Survivors have a 50% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.
-Madness skill checks will have a 75% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check.
-Static will cover the corners of the screen moderately and slightly cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Madness III:
-The survivor cannot interact with anything except pallets, windows, and lockers. Additionally the survivors' items are disabled.
-Survivors have a 75% chance every 30 seconds to have a madness skill check appear on their screen, missing it will cause the survivor to scream. The madness skill check will have success zones reduced by 25%. (If for some reason you were able to interact with something... If the survivor is interacting with a action that has skill checks while a madness skill check triggers, instead the survivor will fail the action as if (s)he failed a skill check.)
-Madness skill checks will have a 100% chance to trigger instead of a regular skill check (If for some reason you were able to interact with something).
-Static will cover the corners of the screen considerably and moderately cover the sides of the screen slightly.
Snap Out Of It:
-When at Madness III, you can perform this action which takes 20 seconds. While performing this action, you are immune to the random madness skill checks that appear every 20 seconds.
-When you complete this action, your madness is reset back to tier II.
I know the Doctor isn't far off from being a great killer and I know some of you guys may say he's in a great spot. However I LITERALLY never see him in high ranks and hopefully this will push him to being more viable as being the true disrupter that he's meant to be. Please leave me feedback and no hate mail, please?
Edit: Why the Doctor needs buffs...

Comments
Might be a little to strong, but then again, madness 1 is completely useless. So might as well take it.
I would like to have specialized add-ons for every killer. Which allow for different play styles.
Like for example:
- increased madness skill check chance (maybe with reduced zone)
- increased terror radius
- fake pallets, windows (appear open, when closed and closed while open), terror radius (that increases and decreases randomly),
- fake doctor that moves towards the survivor trying to hit them, fake survivors coming to aid.
- a effect that randomly switches the appearance of a survivor with the killer. So that a helping survivor is seen as a threat.
Also snapping out of it taking 20 seconds when like two shocks can get you from madness 2 to 3 is ridiculous.
well insta dc then xD
This implies the Doctor is not powerful to begin with....... FFS, he might not be top tier like Nurse, but he's in a good place.
Interesting ideas. I really like the idea of static covering the edges of the screen. As for the skillchecks appearing randomly, I'm not sure. It could be used for strategic reasons, like if you want to draw the Doctor away from another survivor, but most people in the high ranks won't miss those skillchecks. It would actually be a nerf to the doctor to have the survivor's screaming based on them missing a skillckeck. I think it's better for him if they scream randomly. right now, the doctor's in a pretty good place anyway, so I don't see any need to change him.
I will give my opinion on the current status of doctor. Many players feel ... "frustrated" to face him, could be good and bad. But really, the doctor as most say is not a top tier, I would say low killer, he is only good at avoiding engine repair.
I would focus on giving him a buff in his power base so that in his persecutions it is more lethal but without being "over power". It is only that, its base power needs to be looked at.
Eh, I think Doc is in a very good spot. He is not considered so good because his power has more depth than average and so requires some understanding but believe me he can do very well at rank 1. Obviously not if you play him to make skillchecks harder and make survivors scream, which works only on noobs and potatoes.
The doctor is effective against new players, but weak in all aspects ... I hope the news devs about the doctor and can be reviewed as well as the trapper, witch, wraith, freddy etc ...
I guess you didn't read carefully what I wrote.
To make him more of a threat, you have to get better.
The Doctor is a strong Killer in the right hands.
That´s why i proposed more illusions. Fake open and closed windows, fake survivors and doctors.
If I read it, the doctor is not in a good place without any doubt. It has failures in its basic kit, its power does not help in persecutions, it slows down when it releases its power, it goes very slow in treatment mode ...
I think it is not in a good place, it has flaws.
If you do not believe what I write, many players think the same way as me. But it is clear, doctors are hardly seen. Why play with the doctor? Not worth it.
There are better choices like the clown, the witch, Billy etc ...
Yeah that is a good suggestion (I missed your reply). Allow the Doctor to play more with survivors' minds, not just "make them scream more".
A bit off topic: sometime ago I saw a Doctor using Insidious to trick survivors into believing he was illusion just to smack them as soon as they went too near. Don't know if it was effective in the long term, but it was amazing
I like the idea, but yes, it is a good killer with incredible power and I think it is the only killer that is scary. They could change some things in your base kit and make it better. I do not want it to be IMPOSSIBLE to face him but when you play against him, you feel what a problematic killer is.
If we look at its base power, it has faults:
I do not want to say ideas, but I think the devs would like me to look at their kit again and try to change it a bit like the trapper and other killers.
I suppose they should remove the 2.5 seconds of silence from their base power and include a new chase mechanics depending on the level of the survivor's madness.
He defineatly should play more with the minds of the survivors. Tricking them to fear other survivors and to "ignore" him, because they think he´s fake.
Squeezing the head I have the following idea, it may be very similar to the one provided:
MADNESS I
MADNESS II and III
What do you think?
Snapping out of it is simply even more skill checks. I'm not "overreacting." Half of your idea is simply to add more and harder skill checks.
Your idea seems pretty good, along with @Tsulan's idea for add-ons.
There is something I don't agree with though, and that is that the Survivor should always have a chance to scream at Madness 3. Making the scream reliant on a skill check at tier 3 would be a nerf to Doc since there are Survivors out there that can hit even the smallest skill check.
That right there will guarantee that the survivor will make mistakes. Let's say I'm on a generator in madness II and 30 seconds have passed by... RNG has decided to make a madness skill check appear on my screen. Now since I'm on a generator when it appeared on my screen... The generator exploded and the Doctor now knows where I'm at.
This right here, wastes more of the survivors' time that they could be using doing generators. Additionally, if your getting multiple survivors in tier 3 madness then your giving yourself more time to down and sacrifice which is allows a huge plus!
Ooo, look... No skill checks! This can make seeing the killer extremely difficult since more of your screen is blocked off by static and can lead to the survivors making more mistakes during mind games!
Seriously, just point out things in my buff that's bad and I'll shoot it down. C'mon I dare you to lol!
Was enough for me to stop reading.
This is too much. Doc can already spam the thing fast enough , we don't need it to be even faster.
His movement speed is slower when in treatment for a reason too.
Aww, do you have to play differently now? Is gen rushing now harder?

What even?
" i had a bad game as the doctor therefore he should be buffed so I can always do well with him." No, just no.
Uh, Nick wasn't the Doctor in that game. He was a Survivor.
Didn't look at the screenshot because killers/survivors always have bad games, they don't always have to, or always deserve a kill in a match.
Also, you should look at the screen shot better before commenting!
I looked at the important info on the screenshot (who escaped, points) reading the names is irrelevant. Doctors smash people all the time, just the same as survivors smash doctors all the time. He's in a good place.
So just like now you mean?
Doc is indeed in a weak spot
who is playing who is irrelevant. Just because you and the other players did well against him doesn't mean the next game will go the same way.
and i see nurses that get destroyed, should we buff her too?
Why do people think reaching rank 1/2/3/4 is difficult? It's really not hard at all - people act as if it's the hardest achievement a person can get lmao.
Aww, are you upset that you have to use a different playstyle?
Stop crying, learn the counters, and get good.
Surprisingly, I can find Survivors just fine without Madness. Doctor just happens to make it easier.
Maybe if you would realize that Doc is an anti-stealth Killer and that you need to play differently against him, you wouldn't be crying on the forums.
Sounds to me you’re the one crying a river asking for the noob boob killer in the game to get buffed cuz you’re not happy being spoon fed an easy win lol
That would make him more reliable and would make him not need to move faster or shock more often. Although i agree that reducing the speed penalty for charging would help. Maybe give him the slow, but if he hits with the shock he would get a small speed boost that would make up some of the speed lost, nothing big.