New Killer Is Fun, But Also Garbage
Why does he have to lob the gas? This makes 0 sense and just makes it super difficult to aim it. The slowdown in chase kinda negates the slow from the gas. 4s to reload with a faster reload, just why? Like any other killer he's also looped to oblivion, gens get rushed, and everyone has Sprint Burst.
Fun killer, but the game at its core is still broken.
Comments
You throw the gas, it disorients and slows. There's not much else to it man. I understand waiting, but he's not Hag, or Doc, or someone that has extra bits thrown in.
Just play him and vs him^^
Leave early judgements to newbies^^
I understand, but again, he suffers from the same thing every killer does. Looping, and gen rushing. He's nothing special.
I don't see a problem with him. I think he's alright so far.
How come? You have a great zoning tool, which can prevent many safe-zones in a serious amount of loops.
"Gen Rushing" depends on Ruin and on pressure.
His perks also prevents window-loops (like the Shack's one) and can slow the game to a certain extent.
I'll say it again: play him and play against him. You're better than these arid complaints.
The projectile arc is awful, super long reload time, gas lasts for a minimal amount of time but the slow is nice. Super generic killer. Pallet looped, hurt but the same meta perks that every other killer suffers from. Decent perks, fun to play though.
It blocks one window, the arc can ruin your toss which ruins your zoning. That gas doesn't stop them from doing anything they can still drop pallets. His projectile is rather slow. You shouldn't need ruin.
Nope. he actually is very anti-pallet looping. They do need to increase the duration of blindness and slow down to 2 seconds, or buff the addons... whichever.
You are generalizing what you think is wrong, when it isn't the actual fact.
From a quick count with baseline glove addon it was 4 seconds. For 4 bottles that's insane amounts of time wasted. Imo, gas should stop actions, and/or have the survivor cough random for x seconds after getting hit. He should not slowdown when throwing. Normal toss, faster reloads. I am still going to play him though and I'm sure my opinion will change, but the games I'm playing are just the usual.
Where did I say my opinion was fact? Also, how do you anti-pallet loop when they can still just drop the pallets? Like, come on.
His slowdown he has makes it less likely people pallet loop you... and you were speaking strongly as if it were factual.
Come to me when the pallets get deleted by gas. It doesn't stop them. I gassed a chick and she still looped a truck 4 times.
>
The arc can ruin my toss? That's why you have to PLAY him, jeez. It's like saying: the unpredictability of Nurse's blink range ruins my chases. You have to LEARN how to use it.
That gas SLOWS and IMPAIRS. They drop the pallet (no vacuum too) and they take the hit the next loop.
You don't need Ruin, unless you're against really coordinated ranking SWF squads. There, Ruin is a must. That has NOTHING to do with the killer.
Please explain how the gas stops the loop. A minor slow? That stops Sprint Burst? That stops Decisive? That stops gens from being popped SUPER fast? That cuts uber safe loops? I am playing him, my first match went ok, every other match is swamp or badham with BM squads. At higher ranks which I am, is nothing but gen rushing, teabagging, pallet loopers. He doesn't do anything better than any other killer. He's a poor man's Doc.
You are generalizing things in a quick way. A poor man's Doctor? He's got some similar concepts to The Doctor, but he's different. You can deter where people can go. You're the minority here with the negative posting about the Clown.
If they stay in the gas they are slowed.
If they leave the gas they are slowed for 1.5 seconds.
If the survivors are hit by the gas, their vision is blurred making it easier to mindgame them.
He has add-ons that can increase the range and duration of the gas and one that can negate exhaustion perks.
Use him as an area denial. Loopers are going to have a hard time if you throw the bottles in the right spot.
Players are struggling with him because he's new. Learn how to play as him.
I'm the minority. Entire discord full of killers have given up playing him. Well, ok then.>
@Mc_Harty said:
There is no special tech with him. You throw the gas, they get slowed. You have to be ON THEM for the gas to be effective. Otherwise they drop the pallet and just make even more distance. Nothing has changed. He's a clown by design in every way possible.
Dude, I'm all for them making him very powerful. I'm all for it... but people would just whine and complain. They can easily make him more viable.
Here's how...
-Increase the time it takes to shake the bottle for the 4 additional bottles by like 3 seconds maybe? (Nerf)
-Increase the AoE of the cloud of toxin by 30% (buff)
-Increase the duration at default (no addons) by .5 to 1 seconds.
So with awesome addons the size of the cloud is bigger, and the effect is much longer. This would make him very difficult to play against.
My problem with you is that on the 1st hours of this PTB (remember what that means?) you're generalizing things into a poor category.
Basically this new killer is trash because you've played with him/against him a few times? I disagree. They need to slightly buff his power. As I mentioned above (they are good ideas)... and they need to slightly buff some killer add ons as well.
Ultra Rare addons and Very Rare add ons should have very very little to NO drawbacks. Like for Freddy... his Red Paint Brush should NOT reduce his movement speed at all...
None of the Wraith's add ons need to hurt him in a negative way. They definitely need to give the killer more power. I agree... but some of us are jumping the gun big time on this.
Out of the box? From what I've seen... he's a nice solid MID TIER killer, just below above Doctor and/or Pig.
His perks are strong though...
Bottom 4 killers? Who knows and who cares right now. Enjoy what they've released. FOR FREE for now.
If you know how to throw the bottles and where to throw them, he'll be viable as a control killer.
The slowdown is effective to catch up to the survivors, forcing them to drop the pallet early and why would you not be throwing the bottles at the survivors at a distance anyway? It's not like you slow down when using the bottles.
What perks are you running with him? I'm doing fine with Enduring, Brutal Strength, Coulrophobia and Overcharge.
Currently leveling him up, with Bamboozle and Blood Warden. I hit bottles fine, but it doesn't matter if they just sprint burst out of it. He doesn't stop them from looping, just slows it down a bit.
He doesn't stop or do anything special. Just like Pig, Sprint Burst ruins him. Gens pop absurdly fast. He gets slowed down by using his power and reloading it. His addons are ok, his perks are decent, but he as a killer is fun at best, not good. If he's below Pig that means he's low/bottom mid-tier. I stated earlier my opinion might change, but like any other killer he just gets bullied and his power is lackluster at best. Hitting someone with a bottle doesn't even do anything extra with an ultra rare.
I agree, he's just an underpowered Doctor. Doctor's shock stops survivors from doing anything for 2.5 secs - this can actually counter pallet looping - however, Clown's smoke just slows them down and blurs their vision, doesn't stop them from vaulting, dropping pallets or anything. If they're close to a pallet, they're safe.
It's an interesting power but the reload time is ridiculously long. It's a pain to lob it properly and slows you down. I can aim it fine before anyone tells me I need to figure it out. The problem is they have 0 distance to them. They can barely clear any distance so a longer chase is a huge detriment. They'll just run around the cloud if you try to hit a long range one. Now you've lost time, and a bottle.
100% this. He's just a poor man's doc. Huntress can run addons for hinder that lasts 15s, can actually use her hatchets with a good trajectory, multiple in fact. Doc can zap and stop them from doing anything for 2.5s. I just dont get this killer.
That's what I was referring to. I fully charged it, and it's such a short distance. I can hit it just fine. Doing cross map hatchets with Huntress has prepped me for him, but his trajectory is so bad.
I'm saying for long range, he can't do anything, so what's the point of cutting off an area if you have to be RIGHT on a survivor to do it? It's a really uncomfortable range that you either can hit it, overshoot it, or are better off just nailing the survivor. I might not want a cross map toss, but I wanna be able to have some range.
The thing is: there are much better choices, sure, you can have more fun playing him than any other killer, but the fact is that his power is mediocre at best.
That's my problem. I can hit the bottles, it's just really wonky, and doesn't feel rewarding. He needs a bit more range to really cut areas off. Not to mention people just ignore the effects. Some don't even slow down. Assuming it's a bug, but if it's not that's just frustrating.
He's fun i'll give him that, but weak. The gas effect needs to last much longer at base and the blurred vision much worse. Either those or make it so for the gas duration you can't use windows or pallets. That would ACTUALLY make it a zone denial and block pallet looping. Currently it does neither. So many killers are too addon dependent.
Ya. i so agree with your title. Fun yet garbage
See and that's the buffs I'd give him. No actions in the cloud, maybe a bit after. If you're hit directly with a bottle maybe a minor stun if you fully charged it? Faster reload. Better trajectory. Bigger cloud size, have it spread faster. 5 bottles minimum. Right now there's almost no reason to bottle someone when you can just hit them instead.
It's extremely lackluster. There's almost no reason to run it outside of getting Deviousness points, and maybe cutting an unsafe loop? That's about it.
I've heard some people say he feels like he has a two part power that wasn't finished. It needs a lingering effect or something.
Yeah, I can agree too the idea that I actually do have fun playing him but I still know he is weak, it's a strange relationship with this new killer.
The new killer has A LOT of extra bits on him, you can throw the bottles to cut survivors off, its not the best to just throw the bottles at the survivor unless you have addons that make the effects last longer. Using a bottle at a window makes it a slow vault just fyi and if you use it at the pallet their vision gets a blurry and you can mind game them if they stay for too long. Theres a lot to this killer imo hes mid-tier hes not #########, but hes not the best either. he has a good balance
I like what you said. and also people in this discussion keep in mind this is PTB where the devs can adjust stuff, they're probably going to put out a survey within the next week or so. asking about all the new content and fixes they've done so
I am totally agree with this point , there is no extra skill only throw the gas
Exactly.
He's no Hillbilly or Nurse but he's not that #########. He's balanced atm. No one knows how to properly play him or play against him yet. Give him time.
Speaking of which I just got 4k 4 iridescents on him https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398191409 which you can do on anyone, but I still suck at him
lol, nice to see I'm not the only one that picked the blue suit for him.