Bloodlust *3*

Why is anything past bloodlust 1 even in the game still? Is this considered a "legitimate strategy" to kill people according to devs? Orrrrr.....

(Yes, I'm on xbox one.)

EDIT: everyone saying I should've learned to loop instead of dropping pallets, hear me out. A four lane against ghostface? That pallet is useless. The second pallet? I knew he would swing at it, as he did. If I wouldve waited for the killer stun, I would've been hit through it without a doubt, as I am on c o n s o l e. I'm red rank. :) all he had to do is kick the pallet and we would've moved to a dead zone but he decided to waste 1.5 minutes bloodlusting. Also to people bringing up certain maps you need it for, that's a sign the map needs fixed, not that bloodlust should be a thing!

KILLER MAINS: As a survivor, my issue with bloodlust is that it just isn't a good feeling to go down because of that instead of a good mind game or whatever else. I'm not mad I went down at all, but that it was because of a mindless tactic. But look at it this way: I wasted 1.5 minutes of the killer's time with a single pallet. He could've broken it, forced me to other resources, chased people off gens along the way, anything else, but he chose to do this. It hurts killers more than anything. Do you still think it should be in the game??

https://youtu.be/NZsMmaPubJU


Comments

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043405#Comment_1043405

    you never know, we dont know if he was going to respect pallets because she threw them down way too early.

    Yeah, but I assumed he's a baby cuz of the mindgames on that pallet

  • @Kycer said:

    Honestly, I agree with the OP. As you can see in the video, it took the bloodlusting killer one and half minutes to down the survivor which is only enough time to do 3 gens and that’s completely unacceptable. Bloodlust should be gone so that a single survivor can play like a MegHead and can have the ability to loop the killer easily for 5 gens instead of just 3!

    Or he could break the pallet and force me somewhere else. I wasted 1.5 minutes on one pallet for bloodlust to catch me. That was his choice. So you're right. Maybe we keep bloodlust so bad killers like this help survivors save resources for end game and these killers can stay trash and complain about it later. πŸ’β€β™€οΈ

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    I think bloodlust should be removed. It honestly is a gimmicky way of reaching survivors, but also, it hurts the killer sometimes more than the survivor. Spending so much time to bloodlust a single pallet can be the difference of 1-2 gens popping, just for a hit.

    I agree. Not only is it a poor way to get a survivor down, but it just ends up hurting the killer. So take away that "strategy" and killers won't have that to fall back on so they actually have to chase. If he wouldnt have bloodlusted me, I would been forced to go other places, use other resources, whatever. He could've stopped gens along the way, but I kept him there for 1.5 minutes. That shouldn't be a thing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have a suggestion:

    We disable blood lust, you play killer, and I run you around Wretched Shop double windows, the Disturbed Ward Asylum, the "House of Pain" in Haddonfield, one of the two god windows in Rancid Abattoir, the god window in Torment Creek, the god window in Iron Works of Misery, and many many more... and see how much fun you have when I can loop you over, and over, and over, and over, and over again and you never catch up.

    Sound good?

    Change your perspective. Don't be mad at me about my bloodlust post. Be mad at the dev's for giving you bloodlust as a blanket fix to those map issues. Those are still issues with bloodlust. Focus your anger in the map design.

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    @starkiller1286 That's frustrating then. It requires entirely no skill at all, making these killers never attempt at being better, but still being rewarded for it with a down eventually. I was this only guy's kill because he tunneled me all game and got me with bloodlust and noed at the end. I'm glad my team got out, but it doesn't feel good to be cheated by BHVR at the end and dying to a poor mechanic.

    If they are keeping this as a pathetic, interim map "balancer" it still needs a major nerf. Remove tier 3, at the very least, ya know?

    I love how people like you want to increase every killer's skill floor but never want to raise the skill floor for survivors. Bloodlust still exists because the maps are still ######### terrible. It is a bandaid fix to keep chases from going on forever, and if a survivor knows what they're doing the killer will end up losing BL breaking a super safe pallet. With the current state of this game, you have no right to ######### about anything on the killer side.

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042264#Comment_1042264

    Why is there a need for it? If you loop a killer around a pallet for 15 seconds or more, why are you even wasting time chasing them? Just that is 15 seconds you AREN'T applying pressure to gens or other survivors. Killers really need to learn when to break a chase, rather than attempting to get a survivor with Bloodlust.

    Make every pallet extremely unsafe, fix the map sizes and then remove bloodlust. Otherwise it needs to stay. Plain and simple. The fact that you people feel entitled to safe pallet loops that can't be mind gamed shows the kind of players that BVHR has created with their ######### bandaid balance tactics. I will never understand the survivor philosophy of "I should never be caught ever because reasons". Survivors really need to learn to break LOS, instead of relying on safe loops to win chases.

  • @Blueberry said:

    As others have pointed out it's a bandaid for bad map design. It can't be removed until maps are fixed. If he bloodlusts you like he did you already won the game anyway because of the time wasted, so bloodlust isn't helping him win the game.

    Also, let's think about that loop at the end there. Were you really outplaying him, or was that loop just way safer than it should be? He chases you around and has to completely just guess whether you will jump the pallet or fake it. Luckily for you the pallet is so overly safe that you have enough time to tell that if he is going to commit to one side or not and can still vault at the last split second if he calls your bluff. That leeway time is taken once he gets bloodlust and hits you.

    Without bloodlust that pallet is impossible to outplay unless you just play really badly. It is entirely up to the survivor and he has no outplay potential because of how overly safe that pallet is. Pallets that safe shouldn't exist or be way less common than they are.

    The pallet doesn't have to remain there forever. It can be broken. You just need to know which pallets to break. Force people into using more resources. Bloodlust 1 on a moderately safe/unsafe pallet. Don't Bloodlust 3 on a total safe pallet. Break it and leave. People keep forgetting that's a thing apparently.

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042444#Comment_1042444

    The pallet doesn't have to remain there forever. It can be broken. You just need to know which pallets to break. Force people into using more resources. Bloodlust 1 on a moderately safe/unsafe pallet. Don't Bloodlust 3 on a total safe pallet. Break it and leave. People keep forgetting that's a thing apparently.

    True story.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043308#Comment_1043308

    youre right about the first one, the survivor should have not dropped the first one. she should have instead ran to the next loop and looped around it. instead she panicked and threw it down extremely early.

    It was a four lane against the ghostface. And I was the only one he ever chased again so the whole map is mine. I dont think it was a waste. I used 2 pallets. Also consider I'm on console, reaction and precision is not the same as PC. Gotta do things a little early around here.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043594#Comment_1043594

    I don't need to change my perspective.

    You're the one who is upset that killers have blood lust, after all.

    Maybe tell the devs to fix the maps more than one map every 6 months so we can be rid of blood lust instead of complaining about blood lust itself. Survivors would be happy the killers don't have blood lust, and killers would be happy that they don't need blood lust so they can catch survivors after looping the same building 3~6 times.

    Oi, I am upset about bloodlust 3 specifically. Plus all it does is hurt the killer in the long run, so take that away from killers so they don't use it and throw a game. Also I am upset about the map designs, which in turn makes me upset about bloodlust. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043726#Comment_1043726

    Oi, I am upset about bloodlust 3 specifically. Plus all it does is hurt the killer in the long run, so take that away from killers so they don't use it and throw a game. Also I am upset about the map designs, which in turn makes me upset about bloodlust. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

    Bloodlust is a thing to end chases.

    If you loop a killer for 2 minutes then expect to get caught, thats all. Killer is supposed to catch surviviors at some point, unless surviviors hide. Try to lose the killer and hide instead of trying to loop him forever.

  • A solo survivor can win most of the time, just use DS,Unbreakable, and DH and you win!

  • If you can only catch people because of bloodlust 3 regardless of the map your bad

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043405#Comment_1043405

    you never know, we dont know if he was going to respect pallets because she threw them down way too early.

    At the beginning of the video I was down on the ground. So I had already been chased once before. He respected the pallets and immediately went to bloodlusting.

  • Bloodlust used to not be a thing and killers had less fun than they did when Ruin got changed.

    Remember 2016 you legacy nerdd?

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    Bloodlust used to not be a thing and killers had less fun than they did when Ruin got changed.

    Remember 2016 you legacy nerdd?

    I'm on console. I got the game a year after everyone on PC. So no, I don't remember that.

  • Bloodlust should have been nerfed when they started to create unsafe loops and putting them all over the place.

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045580#Comment_1045580

    I'm on console. I got the game a year after everyone on PC. So no, I don't remember that.

    Oh well bloodlust didnt exist and basically it was near impossible to catch survivors at a half decent loop. There were other factors like fast vaults from any angle but you get the idea.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045586#Comment_1045586

    Oh well bloodlust didnt exist and basically it was near impossible to catch survivors at a half decent loop. There were other factors like fast vaults from any angle but you get the idea.

    I could definitely see how bloodlust was needed back then but with the reworking and removing of pallets since 2016, I feel at a minimum tier 3 shouldn't exist at all. Everyone has seemed to read what they wanted. I know tier 1 is a necessity. And tier 2 can help you through a broken map area sometimes. Tier 3 only hurts killers but they're all begging for it to stay. I kept him for a minute and a half there. He did have a better option to break the pallet or leave me. He threw the game instead. I'm not upset about going down, I'm not a god survivor I know I would eventually, but it isn't a good feeling to go down to tier 3 bloodlust instead of just a solid mind game/outplay. People are so desperate to split sides and only see a "baby survivor complaining about killers again" but I play both sides and know tier 3 is not needed and should not be a thing lmao. So remove it and don't let bad killers like this be rewarded and continue to play like this without ever having to learn how to really chase a person.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042183#Comment_1042183

    There's a thing called respecting dead hard. Biggest safety net

    Wait, ######### is this "respecting dead hard" thing.

    Did survivors add new rules to the imaginary rulebook for killers.

    People really want to go back to the old days where running in a circle for 10 minutes was the pinnacle of a match


    That's not a f****** joke. People would literally run in a f****** circle for Ten. Minutes. Straight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042186#Comment_1042186

    Wait, ######### is this "respecting dead hard" thing.

    Did survivors add new rules to the imaginary rulebook for killers.

    People really want to go back to the old days where running in a circle for 10 minutes was the pinnacle of a match

    That's not a f****** joke. People would literally run in a f****** circle for Ten. Minutes. Straight.

    "Respecting dead hard" is waiting until they dead hard and then you hit them.

  • Bloodlust is mainly to help with certain broken window loops what we still got (asylum, ironworks). Rework them to weaker and we can concinder removing bloodlust (which has been nerfed like 3 times now)

    I cannot believe you are complaining abaut you wasting that much time on a single pallet and still want killers to be weaker? okay lol

  • @BabyOniMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043303#Comment_1043303

    Don't worry I usually let cute survivors out on hatches.

    Thank you, you can find me urban evading in a corner

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042186#Comment_1042186

    Wait, ######### is this "respecting dead hard" thing.

    Did survivors add new rules to the imaginary rulebook for killers.

    People really want to go back to the old days where running in a circle for 10 minutes was the pinnacle of a match

    That's not a f****** joke. People would literally run in a f****** circle for Ten. Minutes. Straight.

    Mate, that is a good rulebook: the survivors uses and you don't swing so you don't loose distance

  • Bloodlust is needed on some loops not all. And it should go honestly. It's a bandaid feature to make up for bad map design.

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    Bloodlust is mainly to help with certain broken window loops what we still got (asylum, ironworks). Rework them to weaker and we can concinder removing bloodlust (which has been nerfed like 3 times now)

    I cannot believe you are complaining abaut you wasting that much time on a single pallet and still want killers to be weaker? okay lol

    Apparently you've not bothered to read literally any other comments πŸ™‚ and I'm tired of repeating myself πŸ™‚ but my point was not "I'm mad I went down" πŸ™‚ "...after 1.5 minutes of time wasted" πŸ™‚ I am mad that I went down to bloodlust 3 πŸ™‚ and not a real outplay πŸ™‚ plus a bunch of other things I have mentioned probably at least 5 other times. πŸ™‚ but yes, make killers weaker. He had no alternative but to wait 1.5 minutes to catch me. Killers really struggle and need bloodlust to achieve that outcome. Is that what you want??? He needs to learn pallets to break. But thanks to bloodlust 3, he didn't have to think at all. Can't believe so many people's horrible perspective on this lol. Just think! You've made the point of me wasting his time and complaining, but think about what the issues and real complaint is here. Ffs guys. You're exhausting.

    Also, I play killer and have never used bloodlust 3 and never even came close to it. It is highly unnecessary. People seem to be confusing me saying tier 3 should be removed and not the whole thing. People are gonna read what they want to though. As you saw in my video, it only ended up hurting the killer. Why are other killers pissed about asking for this to be removed lmao.

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045872#Comment_1045872

    Apparently you've not bothered to read literally any other comments πŸ™‚ and I'm tired of repeating myself πŸ™‚ but my point was not "I'm mad I went down" πŸ™‚ "...after 1.5 minutes of time wasted" πŸ™‚ I am mad that I went down to bloodlust 3 πŸ™‚ and not a real outplay πŸ™‚ plus a bunch of other things I have mentioned probably at least 5 other times. πŸ™‚ but yes, make killers weaker. He had no alternative but to wait 1.5 minutes to catch me. Killers really struggle and need bloodlust to achieve that outcome. Is that what you want??? He needs to learn pallets to break. But thanks to bloodlust 3, he didn't have to think at all. Can't believe so many people's horrible perspective on this lol. Just think! You've made the point of me wasting his time and complaining, but think about what the issues and real complaint is here. Ffs guys. You're exhausting.

    Also, I play killer and have never used bloodlust 3 and never even came close to it. It is highly unnecessary. People seem to be confusing me saying tier 3 should be removed and not the whole thing. People are gonna read what they want to though. As you saw in my video, it only ended up hurting the killer. Why are other killers pissed about asking for this to be removed lmao.

    What you are saying doesn't make much sense. Sorry bud

    -You are complaining that killer used bad tactic against you

    -You want to make killers stronger by nerfing them?


    I already said: rework badly designed windows that still exist and you can delete the bloodlust all i care, but it's still needed in certain maps and bad RNG which heavily favor survivor. Sometimes dropping the chase is not option when every survivor runs towards the god loop.

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1049298#Comment_1049298

    What you are saying doesn't make much sense. Sorry bud

    -You are complaining that killer used bad tactic against you

    -You want to make killers stronger by nerfing them?

    I already said: rework badly designed windows that still exist and you can delete the bloodlust all i care, but it's still needed in certain maps and bad RNG which heavily favor survivor. Sometimes dropping the chase is not option when every survivor runs towards the god loop.

    It won't make sense if you look at it from the same perspective so ok.

    I agree maps do need fixed. But even in the state of maps now, tier 3 is not needed.

    If you see removing a way for a killer to throw a game for a 1.5 minute chase as a nerf for killer then.. damn. Keep your 1.5 minute chases on one (1) pallet then. Keep fighting the good fight my man lmao. Out here helping killers and whatnot. With this pisspoor safety net.

  • It's because map designers didn't know how to make fair maps so they bandaid fixed it by adding bloodlust in to justify the ######### map design. Pretty Good Job So Far

1 2 β€Ί