Does the Bloodweb KNOW I want Kindred?

Haven't seen it once. Been around the 50 loop god knows how many times.

Comments

  • Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

  • @Peanits said:

    Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

    I'm REALLY unlucky, I try to get BBQ as soon as I can when I prestige someone just for the BP and it doesn't freaking appear until around level 30+!

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028586#Comment_1028586

    I'm REALLY unlucky, I try to get BBQ as soon as I can when I prestige someone just for the BP and it doesn't freaking appear until around level 30+!

    I got lucky when getting my Wraith to P3 and got bbq on level 1. :P

  • Rng


    Stop crying.


    This kind of mentality gets killers nerfed

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028593#Comment_1028593

    I got lucky when getting my Wraith to P3 and got bbq on level 1. :P

    I did legion and was forced to level up discordance on level one :(

  • The same thing happens to me with Nurse and Shadowborn, and it took me forever to get PWYF on Bubba.

    The bloodweb is just a jerk sometimes. On the bright side, you only really need to get all of the perks on one character as survivor.

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    Rng

    Stop crying.

    This kind of mentality gets killers nerfed

    There's no need for that, man. Everyone has struggles with the bloodweb at one point or another.

  • Your first mistake was thinking that you want a certain perj with clarity. Never do that. It ensures it'll be the last one you get. For real though, the perk grind is still beyond absurd.

  • I swear sometimes the bloodweb can be determined that I have one specific perk, and will spawn it in every web until I just take the thing. Then it carries on doing that with the next tier, and it's usually something like monstrous shrine or déjà vu

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    Rng

    Stop crying.

    This kind of mentality gets killers nerfed

    Dude, it's a joke. I'm assuming yours is as well, as the correlation ain't really there

  • @Peanits said:

    Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

    It just showed up in my web. HOW CONVENIENT.

    Complains when it isnt there, complains when it is. Does this mean I'm part of the community now?

  • I don't know about OP's situation, and its likely just bad luck of the RNG, but I do suspect some shenanigans concerning the RNG when you have a perk or add-on in your loadout. Is it just me, or does it feel like the game purposely stops giving you the add-on's you want after you've been using them for 2-3 games in a row? Same going for a lower tier Perk that you want to rank up?

    It's like, if you have them equipped or recently used them in a few games, the RNG of the bloodwebs suddenly decides to give you everything else that you aren't using. Either that, or it's just a perspective thing wherein the more you want something, the more you notice when it doesn't appear for you.

    Probably the latter, but that's not going to keep me from suspecting the former. Case and point in my attempt to prove the former when I first Leveled up Plague:

    I really liked 1 rare add-on (Incensed Ointment) over the others, and amassed 37 of them by the time she hit lvl 50, but as soon as I started using that add-on, I found myself running out of them since every bloodweb afterwards stopped giving them to me as frequently and I couldn't gain enough to recoup my losses. Played for 30 games with that add-on, ended up with 12 left because the bloodwebs only gave me 5 more while I was trying to max her out. In the meantime I nearly doubled all the other rare add-ons, so it's either crap RNG luck for me, or the game tracks what you use and tries to encourage you to use other things by decreasing the spawning frequency of the things you want. Anyone else feel like this is the case?

  • @Peanits said:

    Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

    I got Barbecue and Chili and Pop Goes the Weasel on Michael on Michael like instantly.

    I don't care if I got bad luck 60% or 70% of the time if that bad luck is not Michael, happy with me P3 level 50.

  • @Peanits said:

    Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

    Yeah and it really is a load of bull tbh.

    I've got killers I literally can't play yet because they have a perk or two that makes them unnecessarily difficult without them. Like I still have not gotten whispers on nurse, and I've tried playing her without it I just can't. She is rank 50 + like another 50 worth of blood points and still no Whispers not even rank 1.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028586#Comment_1028586

    I'm REALLY unlucky, I try to get BBQ as soon as I can when I prestige someone just for the BP and it doesn't freaking appear until around level 30+!

    Wait wait wait... bbq actually appeared in your bloodweb?

    *looks at my lvl 50 killers without it...

    You lucky bastard!

  • As a follow up. I got all three tiers of Kindred in the next three bloodwebs lol.

    Now to save up to level up Spirit for any upcoming tome challenges.

  • @Peanits said:

    Of course! We slipped a hidden change into the last patch that made it so you, specifically, won't get Kindred until the very end. Looks like it's working!

    But for real, though, that is unfortunate. Sometimes the bloodweb is generous, sometimes you get unlucky.

    To help us out a bit, can you bring up Bloodweb discounts for players prestiging their characters in the next Dev meeting? Please, pretty please. I’ll bake you guys some delicious Turtle Brownies!

  • LOL I have that thought too, that the bloodweb is rigged and reads our minds. ;)