Rework the disturbed ward building

I dont know why the devs didnt make any change to the main building when reworking the nurse.

This building is way to strong for looping to the point where as soon as you hit someone the survivor automatically runs to it and if they are competent players then you have to leave them alone since there is no time to waste, specially with ruin gone

All of the pallets in the building are impossible to mindgame or go around quickly and they can spawn unfairly close to each other. Mix that with the 2 windows that can easily be used till the entity blocks them and you've got a very broken structure where if you dont have a trap-based killer you are pretty much screwed.

I suggest that many of the debri in the place should have more open spots that killers can use to mindgame pallets or windows. For example the main entrance of the builing has a long wall that offers no mindgame potential at all. That should have an opening or be reduced in size to make looping there shorter and allowing more mindgaming opportunities

Now dont come at my with "spotted the killer main" or "git gud" because you are not adding anything to the converstion except that you do not know how to get your ideas across correctly. If you do not agree give me a good reason why you think that the building should not be reworked

Comments

  • Nah your right the map needs a rework as a whole. Small amount of safe outside areas with a massive advantage inside. I would like the map to be more 50/50 inside and outside tbh.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    Nah your right the map needs a rework as a whole. Small amount of safe outside areas with a massive advantage inside. I would like the map to be more 50/50 inside and outside tbh.

    I guess that they made the unsafe areas outside so that the survivors dont have a safe route to the area but its still to easy to get to it no matter where you are

  • On top of that the map is very big. I'd rather play on farm or Macmillan map with god window than in Disturbed ward. It's playable only with the trapper.

  • @bilaueta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010865#Comment_1010865

    I guess that they made the unsafe areas outside so that the survivors dont have a safe route to the area but its still to easy to get to it no matter where you are

    Killer sees me? Ok run towards main building. Killer Hits me? Free SB to main building. Thats what's any good survivor typically does.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    Nah your right the map needs a rework as a whole. Small amount of safe outside areas with a massive advantage inside. I would like the map to be more 50/50 inside and outside tbh.

    I mean, 50% safe pallets is still not too balanced in my opinion. The majority of loops should also allow counterplay for both sides.

  • @bilaueta said:

    I dont know why the devs didnt make any change to the main building when reworking the nurse.

    This building is way to strong for looping to the point where as soon as you hit someone the survivor automatically runs to it and if they are competent players then you have to leave them alone since there is no time to waste, specially with ruin gone

    All of the pallets in the building are impossible to mindgame or go around quickly and they can spawn unfairly close to each other. Mix that with the 2 windows that can easily be used till the entity blocks them and you've got a very broken structure where if you dont have a trap-based killer you are pretty much screwed.

    I suggest that many of the debri in the place should have more open spots that killers can use to mindgame pallets or windows. For example the main entrance of the builing has a long wall that offers no mindgame potential at all. That should have an opening or be reduced in size to make looping there shorter and allowing more mindgaming opportunities

    Now dont come at my with "spotted the killer main" or "git gud" because you are not adding anything to the converstion except that you do not know how to get your ideas across correctly. If you do not agree give me a good reason why you think that the building should not be reworked

    That building alone can be a 5 gen chase lmao. Vault a window 3 times,waste 1 safe pallet. Continue until you waste all 4 pallets=Profit?

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010876#Comment_1010876

    Killer sees me? Ok run towards main building. Killer Hits me? Free SB to main building. Thats what's any good survivor typically does.

    Precisely, it takes no actual thought process and you just cant do anything about it as a killer

  • @bilaueta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010882#Comment_1010882

    Precisely, it takes no actual thought process and you just cant do anything about it as a killer

    Yep 5 gen chases if you commit Is a real possibility at that map.

    @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010865#Comment_1010865

    I mean, 50% safe pallets is still not too balanced in my opinion. The majority of loops should also allow counterplay for both sides.

    I would like average pallets to be the majority with the rest being divided between safe and unsafe.

    I want the map to be more 50/50 of inside and outside. We have indoor and outdoor maps, but nothing that's heavily both of them. Closest we got is Badham or Haddonfield.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010894#Comment_1010894

    Yep 5 gen chases if you commit Is a real possibility at that map.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010884#Comment_1010884

    I would like average pallets to be the majority with the rest being divided between safe and unsafe.

    I want the map to be more 50/50 of inside and outside. We have indoor and outdoor maps, but nothing that's heavily both of them. Closest we got is Badham or Haddonfield.

    Yes I fully agree with that.

    And I misread that, sorry. But That would definitely be an interesting concept for a map, that's for sure.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010901#Comment_1010901

    Yes I fully agree with that.

    And I misread that, sorry. But That would definitely be an interesting concept for a map, that's for sure.

    My thoughts were something orginally for the swamp, but it went like this

    1 exit inside and 1 outside.

    The building is roughly half broken where as it starts to break you get a cluster of broken walls similar to Suffocation Pits middle jungle gym areas. Then the broken outside devolves into broken pillars and walls to hide behind. With trees growing here and there.

    Just a basic description I haven't thought about it in a long time me.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010911#Comment_1010911

    My thoughts were something orginally for the swamp, but it went like this

    1 exit inside and 1 outside.

    The building is roughly half broken where as it starts to break you get a cluster of broken walls similar to Suffocation Pits middle jungle gym areas. Then the broken outside devolves into broken pillars and walls to hide behind. With trees growing here and there.

    Just a basic description I haven't thought about it in a long time me.

    Yeah it sounds like a great idea for a new map to be honest. A map that's half interior and half exterior would be awesome.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010948#Comment_1010948

    Yeah it sounds like a great idea for a new map to be honest. A map that's half interior and half exterior would be awesome.

    Shame the devs would break it into a overly large map. I feel with the amount of maps we have it should start being static maps with no RNG with a balanced Size.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011051#Comment_1011051

    Shame the devs would break it into a overly large map. I feel with the amount of maps we have it should start being static maps with no RNG with a balanced Size.

    I do like the rng and I hope it stays honestly. Even if that means the map can vary a bit in balance. The game isn't really competitive, so I don't mind that.

    But yes, it should not be too big. I really hope devs have understood this by now, that maps can't be too big.

  • Balanced Landing was the only problem, this Building is fine now. :]

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011096#Comment_1011096

    I do like the rng and I hope it stays honestly. Even if that means the map can vary a bit in balance. The game isn't really competitive, so I don't mind that.

    But yes, it should not be too big. I really hope devs have understood this by now, that maps can't be too big.

    Map size is definitely important especially with the removal of Ruin. Nothing feels worse then losing gens because you spawned in one corner and they popped it before you could get there. Yet "push them of Gens" is still the Devs reasonable excuse.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Balanced Landing was the only problem, this Building is fine now. :]

    Imo old balanced landing only added the salt to the injury with this building, it made it so that the "unloopanble" areas were also able to be, well "loopable"

    It is still very broken withour even using thar perk

  • @bilaueta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011145#Comment_1011145

    Imo old balanced landing only added the salt to the injury with this building, it made it so that the "unloopanble" areas were also able to be, well "loopable"

    It is still very broken withour even using thar perk

    I just write what some people thought would happen. That Maps like Haddonfield, Disturbed Ward and others will be ok without BL. And well, obviously they will not.

  • Hawkins is very killer-sided.

  • I"m of the opinion every map needs to be reworked to be truly neutral so. GGWP Op

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011144#Comment_1011144

    Map size is definitely important especially with the removal of Ruin. Nothing feels worse then losing gens because you spawned in one corner and they popped it before you could get there. Yet "push them of Gens" is still the Devs reasonable excuse.

    Yeah, pushing them off gens does work, but only if the maps aren't too big. That's the only way killers can apply enough map pressure. Except for the high mobility killers.

  • @Colton147 said:

    Hawkins is very killer-sided.

    Well yes, but its not about what maps are sided to each player

    And hawkin's loops can still be used correctly by good players. Disturbed ward can be abused by average players without any risk of the loops being shut down

  • @bilaueta said:

    I dont know why the devs didnt make any change to the main building when reworking the nurse.

    This building is way to strong for looping to the point where as soon as you hit someone the survivor automatically runs to it and if they are competent players then you have to leave them alone since there is no time to waste, specially with ruin gone

    All of the pallets in the building are impossible to mindgame or go around quickly and they can spawn unfairly close to each other. Mix that with the 2 windows that can easily be used till the entity blocks them and you've got a very broken structure where if you dont have a trap-based killer you are pretty much screwed.

    I suggest that many of the debri in the place should have more open spots that killers can use to mindgame pallets or windows. For example the main entrance of the builing has a long wall that offers no mindgame potential at all. That should have an opening or be reduced in size to make looping there shorter and allowing more mindgaming opportunities

    Now dont come at my with "spotted the killer main" or "git gud" because you are not adding anything to the converstion except that you do not know how to get your ideas across correctly. If you do not agree give me a good reason why you think that the building should not be reworked

    I even repair it's generator after the first couple of gens too, because at that point in the game. The Killer has an easier time patrolling gens. It's like a free gen, and once the gen is repaired, becomes even more of a waste of time for the Killer to chase someone into that building.

  • The whole map needs a rework, the main building especially. I loathe this map as killer. More than any other map.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121661/rework-the-disturbed-ward-building

    I even repair it's generator after the first couple of gens too, because at that point in the game. The Killer has an easier time patrolling gens. It's like a free gen, and once the gen is repaired, becomes even more of a waste of time for the Killer to chase someone into that building.

    Then you also have those survivors who leave that gen last and you are screwed. Protect that gen? 3 minute chase. Leave that gen? Last gen is done

    There is nothing you can do

  • They have to pay attention to the new players if you are a old school player of this game it doesn't really affect you YouTube dead by daylight gooch hits

  • @Kgooch said:

    They have to pay attention to the new players if you are a old school player of this game it doesn't really affect you YouTube dead by daylight gooch hits

    What?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Balanced Landing was the only problem, this Building is fine now. :]

    Balanced landing doesn't matter. And it got nerfed quite a while ago. The problem is that it has multiple windows and pallets that have no counter play. I've never once used balanced landing, and that building is a free getaway from any killer

  • @Colton147 said:

    Hawkins is very killer-sided.

    All indoor maps are killer sided, and this has nothing to do with the OP.

  • I always refuse to chase in this building. How many safe pallets has? 10?

  • Searching gens im that map is like Eurotruck simulator (I stole this joke (:)