How was the Q&A Stream?
Did they explain things in better detail or just ignore everyone again? I can't bear to look because I fear the worst
Did they explain things in better detail or just ignore everyone again? I can't bear to look because I fear the worst
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There was one today?
There was supposed to be, or maybe they got the date mixed up in their posts like they did with the rift
It wasn't
Indeed, it's apparently NEXT Week because I was stupid enough to think they'd have the guts to look at the questions before ramming ths ruin nerf down our throats. My mistake
Your first mistake was thinking a ruin question would have been one of the hand picked questions answered.
I figured they'd at least make some jokes about "ruining our day" to tip off how unremorsefully little they care about us
Looks like you are also stupid enough to not know that the ruin nerf also goes live next week.
And it also seems that you are so stupid that you didn't even bother to look around threads and see that Peanits already explained the ruin nerf.
How many times do they have to answer fo you to be satisfied? Every time someone asks about ruin? Lol
Because they make a habit of answering literally any other question much more thoroughly, and are being very vague about their "answers" to ruin questions.
They did specifically say in the post that they will be addressing the Ruin changes at the start of the stream.
And they're going to get rammed through with lies like "we need it gone to truly examine gen times". It takes all of five seconds to reach out to a rank 1 player, and have him bring in a SWF against a Dev to illustrate the problem
If you read that post it's 90% people pointing out how the reasoning peanits gave is utter nonsense, and since it's an older it doesn't say how they're feeling about it NOW after the backlash
"Addressing".
My word, not theirs. If you want the direct quote, here it is:
We will be talking about the Hex: Ruin change at the start of the show. Your question may be included in this section.
You're missing the satirical point of my post.
"Addressing" - like how they address everything. By avoiding the things people are really wanting to know, and focusing on/deflecting to a random, but still semi relevant side point. Even you can't deny they do this, and with ruin it's been ten-fold.
Yes, I got that point. My point is that that was not actually the word they used themselves, so I'd be careful about how far you read into it.
Noted. All good.
They probably only answer the most sugar coated questions anyway.
They want statistics of how it works normally, not in a one game.
And they are going to do something about gen speeds, probably reduce speed slightly and nerf toolboxes
I mean they could just collect data on all the games that were played without ruin already. 55% of games across all ranks didn't include ruin. So maybe im stupid but i dont see why they need to change the perk to see why they need to change it
They won't be making any jokes about it because the last time a joke was made killer mains went ape over being told to play civ.
Doesn't matter what those posts are about really. Peanits gave their reasoning, people didn't like it. Doesn't matter if those 90% of those people think it is nonsense, since it was the reasoning BHVR used.
So you could say "those were killers that don't need ruin, facecampers, baby killers, people doing archievements/rift/rituals, very good players, bleh bleh bleh, you dont care about normal players, this is bullshit, I see ruin in every match, not only 55%, bleh ble bleh" ?
Let them collect data they need/want, its all good as long as they do something about gen speeds
I'm talking about Peanits comments from like 2-3 days ago, not PTB patch notes...
He said that they are removing ruin so they can examine gen speeds.
They cant say that they are nerfing it 1000% right now no matter the tests, or we will have the same thing we had with ruin nerf, this time with survivior mains
Then why haven't they gutted literally EVERY possible modifier to gens on a PTB only build? People would have no issue going into that if it meant the game actually got properly adjusted at the CORE level.
Instead we get every possible excuse in the book from people who've never faced rank ones, let alone put the time in to understand just how fast games end without Ruin in an organic environment
I still want Mathieu fired for that, I lost most of my respect for the devs over it.
Not sure which posts you're referring to. We have not mentioned a date for the stream yet.
Rofl,you guys said next week,that means from monday-friday since you don't work on weekends if I recall
If you have a link to that post, please send it my way. As far as I'm aware, we have not mentioned a date yet. The Q&A thread only went up on Tuesday, and we'll typically leave that open for at least a week before the stream.
I actually am mistaken.
I'm so sorry you said if we're out for the weekend and not "we don't work on the weekends"
I'm extremely sorry.
-J
I don't think that is true. They are taking feedback, of that I am sure.
Is it me or the post you linked talked about an entirely different argument?
Indeed it did.
I just randomly saw it :3