Lot of banning going on with forum accounts lately

anyone else notice a lot more people with BANNED icons popping up. Silencing folks in a time like this seems to be the incorrect way to handle dissatisfied customers

Comments

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996327#Comment_996327

    By saying anything that anyone for any reason can find insulting, degrading, or harassing.

    I was banned once for saying something "takes a real lack of comprehension" and was banned for insulting someone. Even though they and I were both talking about the same thing.

    Oh, or calling out the devs for ######### business practices and not knowing their own game. They love to ban for that one. Likely my last post tbh. RIP.

    Also, dont EVER speak bad about fog whisperers. Or name them by name. They're the golden egg of behaviours goose apparently and can do no wrong. Even if it includes encouraging dcs as a protest.

    Ggs!

    the trick is to become a fog whisperer, move to canada, apply to BHVR.. work real hard a few years and move up.. then make suggestions in the daily pow wows and meetings

  • When I see someone jailed, or banned. I imagine they would of had to behaved pretty bad to get there, from personal observations you get away with a lot on these forums. Else someone like me would of been banned awhile ago - I find myself cursing way too much in the forums lol x'D

  • @TheCrookedMan said:

    We accusing BHVR of censorship now? This is how far people have gone?

    What do you expect when they're all from the people's republic of canada. French canada which is even worse, no doubt they sit around the office all day drinking red wine paid for with our auric cells and plotting to guillotine anyone who dares suggest they do any work apart from terrorising hardworking killer mains.

  • what is this thread even o.O

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996327#Comment_996327

    By not following the forum rules https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/forum-rules

    I think a lot of warnings at least are given out for "making light of serious issues" (see the rules), but I expect a lot of bans come from getting into a heated argument with another forum member. You'll notice a lot of disrespectful and derogatory posts that lack anything constructive, or one member specifically targeting another member and "calling them out" for whatever reason (which is a no-no, even if you're right). Accusing a member of anything publicly isn't taken well; if you think they're posting bait, ignore it; if you think they're using an alt account, flag it; use the official means to report cheaters; etc.

    Yeah, calling out a mod per se was probably the main reason I was jailed. Though only through an image, not calling them out in the text. Had to do with that thread about looking at the root problem of why 80% of killers use ruin instead of nerfing the perk. I had spoken about how a dev had commented in it but completely not addressing the post itself. Was responding to something along the lines of "well not everyone can play like [insert popular streamer]" Dev: "Yes"

    And of course a bit of vulgarity, though never calling say someone a butthat.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/996827#Comment_996827

    While I'd love to talk about it and share the deleted post since I have an image of it, that's against the rules.

    Let's just say that the context of the post was ignored just like our calls for balance lol

    I received two warnings today. One was justified and the second was for asking a question “trying to get false answers”. I asked about gen speed in a serious tone and it was removed because they thought I was joking.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    There must be a leggit reason to the bans but I still have to critique the rules because some rules are not 100% understandable, due to that not one way understandable rules I got once banned too^^

    I got warned for asking about gen speeds. They thought I was baiting and not being serious.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/997424#Comment_997424

    I got warned for asking about gen speeds. They thought I was baiting and not being serious.

    oh wow, thats scary. its almost impossible to distinguish a bait from a real person seeking help, who may be new.. very Guilty before proven innocent

  • @ppo8820

    Yeah thats why normal ppl should not be able to become mods^^ everyone has unique and different views and some might understand things differently than others. I know that feeling brother

  • Pretty much all of your questions about bans/warnings etc can be answered by reading our forum rules: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/forum-rules#latest

    Will remind you all, we do not publicly discuss moderation and if you have an issue, please do not hesitate to contact a moderator who can help you.

1 2 ›