DBD has the most toxic community out of any game

I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Honestly they probably have already got that ball rolling.

    End game chat creates tickets and when things cause them problems and they don't know how to fix them, they hide or remove them from the game.

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

  • I honestly think Overwatch's can be worse.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    I mean, I don't camp at all. If someone get unhooked and just runs away without healing and I run into them I am not gonna ignore them and I am sure you don't either. I have a very limited set of perks since I am still trying to level up lots of characters. Because I ranked up so fast I am playing level 1's and 2's most of the time with fully leveled and the best perks, I have to work with what I got for the time and don't have a luxury of ignoring people because thei feelings might be hurt.

    People need to suck it up or go play something else rather than whine.

  • I hate this community with a passion. There’s too many Tunnelers. Campers. Teabaggers. Sandbaggers. Killer Entitlement and Survivors Entitlement. Gotta Escape or Gotta 4K every game. People take this game way to seriously and I just wanna have fun and make points. Bad survivors and Bad killers being carried by Ridiculous perks overload and add-ons aiding them every single game then have the audacity to ######### talk to boost their loser ego. I don’t mind ######### talk if you make a valid point, but people on the game are so blinded and they can’t admit when they play cheap and are boosted. But hey welcome to DBD. Majority of the people here are just shitting in the tall grass.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    Tunneling is being efficient. If someone doesn't like it that's too bad. Survivors brought it on themselves with crying for killer nerfs. They better get ready for the new meta.

  • @Hypocryte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/990543#Comment_990543

    I mean, I don't camp at all. If someone get unhooked and just runs away without healing and I run into them I am not gonna ignore them and I am sure you don't either. I have a very limited set of perks since I am still trying to level up lots of characters. Because I ranked up so fast I am playing level 1's and 2's most of the time with fully leveled and the best perks, I have to work with what I got for the time and don't have a luxury of ignoring people because thei feelings might be hurt.

    People need to suck it up or go play something else rather than whine.

    Idc about their feelings, I just don’t go for them if I see them I’ll ignore them and look for the unhooker if I can’t find in 10 seconds I’ll just down the unhooked guy and go find someone else because DS 9/10 times I’ll find the unhooked again because survivors are predictable

  • DBD is toxic but I've had worse from League of Legends and Dota, hands down.

    DBD is the most toxic non moba game I've played.

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    Haha I said before they need to make it so when you hide your chat, it stays hidden always across all matches, and even if you restart the game or anything, always stays muted. Maybe put it in the options menu too so you don't have to go into a game before you mute chat.

    Then, have an icon, a large obvious icon by your name or on the tally screen showing that you have your chat disabled. Because, all those super angry trolly people, when they see they can't troll you there, or on your private steam profile, will literally just boil over and be left to deal with their own issues with themselves. A naturally punishing system.

    I know that would actually hurt abusive players more than any temporary ban could.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/990543#Comment_990543

    Tunneling is being efficient. If someone doesn't like it that's too bad. Survivors brought it on themselves with crying for killer nerfs. They better get ready for the new meta.

    Providing pressure on a single survivor let’s 3 survivors have zero pressure while game which creates gen rush for those who are bad enough to have to rely on ruin. Once ruin is changed and you still think tunneling is “efficient” oh man I’ll be waiting for your “why I’m quiting” dbd post. Without rotating and providing constant pressure you’ll get gen rushed. Guess what? Ruin was op, gen times are FINE and survivors are not the power role, UNLESS it’s 4 SWF who all are running Meta perks with toolboxes. Without all of that, killer IS the power role and anyone who thinks otherwise need to learn to “git gud”

  • Nah.

    League probably has 5x the playerbase than DBD.

    You think this community is toxic? You've never played league of legends lol

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    I hate this community with a passion. There’s too many Tunnelers. Campers. Teabaggers. Sandbaggers. Killer Entitlement and Survivors Entitlement. Gotta Escape or Gotta 4K every game. People take this game way to seriously and I just wanna have fun and make points. Bad survivors and Bad killers being carried by Ridiculous perks overload and add-ons aiding them every single game then have the audacity to ######### talk to boost their loser ego. I don’t mind ######### talk if you make a valid point, but people on the game are so blinded and they can’t admit when they play cheap and are boosted. But hey welcome to DBD. Majority of the people here are just shitting in the tall grass.

    Well if u don’t escape nor 4K the game isn’t fun at all the games been out for over 3 years the dopamine from playing is gone completely for the majority of us. Escaping and 4K’ing is our only fun. I don’t abuse OP perks maybe ruin when I play trapper or I’ll use DS every other game but that’s really it. Except when there is a new killer a rework of a killer or whatever there is no real fun in just playing no more.

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    That’s the biggest issue in this game amongst allllll the other issues. It’s the us vs. them mentality that’s become the norm. Survivors think everything killers do is try hard and toxic, and killers think survivors are babies, toxic, and who devs cater to. This creates a huge rift that is apparent on this forum and in chats.

    The best way to fix it is for players to switch it up and play both sides. I was survivor main for 6 months when starting. I’ve switched to killer to get some insight and I see and can relate much more to issues killers being up. It does feel survivor sided a lot of the time if you play killer a lot, but as survivor killers seem op and try hard. Playing both has taken a lot of the anger I had away because I understand each sides view more.


    That being said, there’s still toxic players ok both sides and there’s not much you can do.

  • Seems you didnt play many online games before dbd then

  • @soundwave85 said:

    lol i don't think so. Gears of War and Call of Duty are worse. Especially during the days when party chat wasnt a thing

    League of Legends will always hold that crown.

  • I was playing gears a lot and got maybe 10-15 toxic messages,playing fifa a lot,assassins creed multi but in dbd oh my god i think around 100 peoples were ofending me,my family,wishing me death but those peoples are just cowards behind keyboard.

  • Yeah I thought the corner camper's in the new Call of Duty were bad. I genuinely leave DBD in intervals to play THAT rather than this, and that game has people using the most over-powered weapons, sitting in corners, or glitching in a way that you cant see them but they can see you. Oh and T-bagging is much worse on there.. Yeah no I would much rather play that, cause at least there I can even the playing field. I cant do that on DBD anymore cause.. yeah they took away Hex: Ruin.

  • That's objectively false when fortnite, tf2, csgo, wow, ow, cod, bf, and madden exist

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    DBD is toxic but I've had worse from League of Legends and Dota, hands down.

    DBD is the most toxic non moba game I've played.

    ######### I forgot lol and dota in my list

  • Omg I forgot how bad WoW can be because it's been so long. JFC that game was toxic.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/992951#Comment_992951

    Omg I forgot how bad WoW can be because it's been so long. JFC that game was toxic.

    Even go fish on Yahoo games was more toxic than dbd and full of rampant racism

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    If the endgame chat is getting to you I somewhat doubt you've played "a lot of games". It's tame as hell compared to a lot of other games, and there's this magical button you can press that hides the endgame chat.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/990584#Comment_990584

    Providing pressure on a single survivor let’s 3 survivors have zero pressure while game which creates gen rush for those who are bad enough to have to rely on ruin. Once ruin is changed and you still think tunneling is “efficient” oh man I’ll be waiting for your “why I’m quiting” dbd post. Without rotating and providing constant pressure you’ll get gen rushed. Guess what? Ruin was op, gen times are FINE and survivors are not the power role, UNLESS it’s 4 SWF who all are running Meta perks with toolboxes. Without all of that, killer IS the power role and anyone who thinks otherwise need to learn to “git gud”

    Tunneling is efficient. You incorrectly assume that pressure won't be applied elsewhere. In which case, you apply pressure to the weakest point in order to pressure the rest as soon as the opportunity presents. That's why survivors keep getting 2nd chance perks instead of getting "gud". No one complains when survs tunnel gens. Enjoy the new meta if this Ruin nerf goes live.

  • https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/


    My last brain cell when I use to play League of Legends:

    mylastbraincell_20.png



  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    You play your way superstar and let other people play how they like. No one has to give the survivors all the chances, if you want points you let them go and rehang them later, if you just want to kill, then tunnel until happy.

    No need to call people a dick or question their play ability, because they apparently play well enough to down and hang someone.

  • Overwatch is pretty bad.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Overwatch is pretty bad.

    Every game community seems to have a lot of fighting.

    I recently realized even the Resident Evil community (a mostly single player game series) has been toxic since RE4 released 15 years ago.

    DbD argues over perks/balance, Overwatch argues over team comp/role choice/balance and RE argues over what is and isn't re and how my favorite game is better than your favorite.

    A game community where everyone is happy/nice doesn't seem to exist.

  • This is why I close the chat box. I don't see what people are saying, I have no reason to be annoyed from comments. I just dodge the whole thing altogether. As far as I am concerned, the four survivors are just little bots that run around and it's my job to play wack-a-mole.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Left 4 Dead 2 is way worse than this game.

    At least everyone DCing, team killing, abusing exploits, telling other people to kill themselves, and all other sorts of colorful language, and constantly vote kicking people for any reason, does not happens every game on DBD. Hell, 95% of the people in L4D2 won't even let you play versus mode unless you have at least 2K hours or have all of the expert achievements done (many people just used SAM to get those achievements so I don't even know why it's a requirement).

    Hell, I've seen some people literally DDOS THE THIRD PARTY SERVER A MATCH IS HAPPENING ON just so they don't lose.

    Winning or losing literally does nothing other than "your team won/lost!" for 10 seconds after the rounds are over.

    What happened to l4d?

    I used to play non stop for years and never had any of that. I think 2014 is when I finally stopped.

  • Overwatch is pretty up there. More than this game in my opinion.

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    Welcome to the toxic cesspit that is Dead by Daylight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994558#Comment_994558

    People still play it but it's just a cesspool of narcissistic players who use the steam workshop to gain an advantage by using changes like removing the boomer bile effect, brightening up SI models to be easier to spot, removing Smoker's... smoke effect, removing crops on the ground and leaves to see things hiding in the trees or through corn fields you normally can't see 5 feet in front of you, etc.

    Then, if you make a mistake or two, you're very often just immediately vote kicked and everyone will almost automatically vote yes.

    Or someone just goes in and sabotages the match either team killing, jumping off a building, or whatever, and then just leave, which then all votes to restart the chapter will fail if everyone else doesn't leave first, which will then of course cause them to leave, and prematurely end the match. Even if the other team is gracious enough to offer this, if the same thing happens to them, the other time usually won't extend the favor which of course -- causes people to leave, and prematurely end the match.

    People will constantly team switch to a side to gain a numbers advantage, which causes the other team to leave and prematurely end the match.

    People will leave if they do badly in a chapter, prematurely ending the match because it isn't going there way (think DCing as survivor in DBD cranked up to 11).

    People have multiple accounts, and if they get kicked from a match, will actively switch accounts, go into the same game again, and actively sabotage it, even if they were kicked for a legitimate reason.

    People on the losing sides as people load in from a chapter finishing will switch teams before people who are loading slower move in, sneaking their way onto the side with the most points and forcing someone from the winning team onto the losing team. Then if the winning team notices and tries to vote kick the person off, the person who switched will immediately begin to team kill to sabotage the team, and the opposing side will refuse to restart.

    You'll also be kicked a lot of if you don't have a mic, despite there being multiple options to communicate in game, as well as official third party tools to be able to communicate without one VERY easily.

    If you're female by the way -- don't ever talk in voice chat. For your own sanity.

    Also be prepared to see a lot of NSFW gifs, most of which is literal porn plastered on the walls everywhere because apparently that's not a bannable offense from the official servers.

    I should also not forget the people who think they're playing single player as the survivor and will attempt to speed run the map, more often than not get caught alone and die because... duh, and then just leave, crippling the team, or will begin to badmouth the rest of the team that they got caught. Rushing is a legitimate tactic if the entire team does it or at least agrees that they will rush that chapter, but that happens maybe 5% of the time and usually it's the player thinking they're so bad ass when they're not. Some literally don't even make it 15~20% through the map before dying because the infected team just mobs them quick.

    Since 2015, I have not once had a single match go and make it to the very end, with at least some sort of shenanigan bullshit happening.

    On modded or community ran servers, all of this happens much much less, but it still happens. Good community servers y'know, actually moderate some, so people who do bad things get banned, and usually stay banned. But on bad community servers (and there's a lot), moderators, it can be even worse than the official servers due to people having power to ban anyone they don't like on their team or even outright cheating. Hell, I got banned from one of these servers for swapping to the other team when it was a 4v1 and I made it a 3v2 and one of the corrupt moderators banned me for doing that because "swapping teams isn't allowed" despite the fact the moderator joined the 2 side and swapped to the 3 side and tried to play it off as they didn't and that I was arguing with them. So I got banned.

    ...So yeah, that's why L4D2 has the worst community ever. At least the worst I have ever seen. A community, that's not moderated at all and only cares to ban you if you cheat on VAC protected servers which... does nothing, a community where no matter what awful thing you do, there's no punishments for it except a 1 hour soft ban which usually happens if you didn't do anything wrong at all anyway other than existing at the wrong place at the wrong time,

    TLDR; L4D2 community is terrible by not punishing cheaters, getting kicked from games no matter what you do, people intentionally sabotaging or throwing games, often corrupt community servers, a banning system which doesn't actually ban anyone, cheating which is used through Steamwork shop, literal porn gifs plastered everywhere in matches, most of the players are incredibly sexist, people who leave whenever they're on the losing side, plagued by half the community who think they're the best little ######### ever when they're not, and whine when they get killed, and full of people who will insult you with the nastiest comments at a moment's notice if you so much dare make a mistake despite the fact they may have made three themselves already.

    Holy #########. I'm glad I left

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    or you could play how you want because it's a game with no rules?

  • @Hypocryte said:

    I got about 40 hours into the game, im doing pretty well as a killer (Rank 5) and survivor (Rank 8) having fun but after every game the chat is pure toxic spew. If I am a killer its "Oh, you use these perks you're #########?" "You're a tunneler, you are just bad you gotta go for the same person" It's like, if I spot them after they are rescued am I suppose to go.. ok I downed him before better leave him alone and go look for someone else. If I am a survivor I get called back because I loop a killer for a long time. I have ran across way more super toxic people than I have people who just say nothing.

    I have played a lot of games in my time, lots of toxic people but this game takes the cake by far. This game should just remove the chat at the end of the game completely and let the angry children punch a wall or something.

    Welcome to the online games. Where whatever you do people w will always say to ######### or they'll ######### your Mother (yeah literally every multiplayer game) So Just get used to it. The sooner the better.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    Not like a dick meaning by survivor standards right. Why must we cater to survivors I mean bhvr don’t pay us so we don’t need to coddle survivors. If someone stays by the hook after being rescued to self care and I find them that’s on them not me being a dick.

  • A few points about the toxic community of DBD.

    1. This game is far from the most toxic gaming community. I know many of you are not old enough to remember, but Diablo 2 had a horrible horrible community of griefers and flat out pricks. Shadowbane was notorious for PVP griefers. I will not even discuss the early days of WoW before Blizzard realized pricks was costing them money and got ban happy.
    2. Annoying does not mean toxic. Please understand the difference.
    3. As long as the person is not breaking a rule, its not toxic.
    4. Someone saying get gud, or the usual stupid stuff said in chat is not toxic.Being rude is not toxic.
    5. If someone is verbally harassing you, making death threats, sexual, racial, ethnical, or homophobic insults, telling you to commit suicide, making direct personal attacks, that is toxic.

    Mild rant in short, stop taking comments personal, unless they are actually personal. Someone calling me a camper is not toxic. Someone saying my children should die, yeah thats personal.

  • No,we do not!

    I come from a ton of games like lol,r6,overwatch, etc.

    I can tell you that the community compared to these games are godly,like angels. Try to mess up once or twice in lol,you know what happens? You get flamed to eternity

  • @Unicorn said:

    I honestly think Overwatch's can be worse.

    Overwatch? Probably. I was thinking more of Smite. People get angry over every little thing it's not even enjoyable sometimes.

  • Killer vs Survivors, it would be strange if it wasn't. Happy to play on Xbox where I have disabled messages and there is no end game chat, so I have never heard anything from anyone 😃 Only read about toxic community here but I believe you.

  • Overwatch is worse IMO. All it takes is for someone to choose someone else's main and the other player will be like "OMG I'm better at soldier than you, I'm throwing cause we've already lost"


    One of the main reasons why I left that game. The other being lack of content.

  • Friday I got 5 messages from 5 different games that where toxic. One where they said I was going to be reported for body the hook so a survivor couldn't get the unhook

  • Rainbow Six definitely is the most toxic


    They had to add filters on what you can say in the chat

  • League, CSGO, Overwatch... many games have a toxic community these days. It’s a bit sad to say, but this isn’t anything new. You just see it more since the game doesn’t have that big of a forum community as other forums (see OW forums).

  • Lol yeah but it sounds like you don't play fighting games, or FPS that is darkness itself.

  • yesterday someone said to me "lunar the f*ggot k*ll yourself irl"

    oof

  • If you think DBD is bad with toxicity, you should have seen the game chats in Modern Warfare 2 back in the day.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119906/dbd-has-the-most-toxic-community-out-of-any-game

    Well I’m a killer main who always gets 3k/4K and I don’t go after people who were just unhooked. Just learn how to play good and not like a dick. Really easy.

    No, you just sound like one of those entitled toxic survivors 🖕🏻

  • This is pretty much the only online game i play, so I can't talk about other games, but I don't think dbd is that horrible. I just don't get how some people get so tilted about seeing a survivor bouncing up and down. As far as messaging goes, I get more positive (gg's) than negative. There will always be the extreme dbags, but i am sure there are those types of people in every game.

  • I don't think DbD is especially toxic compared to any other online game. They're all bad. However, what probably contributes a lot to a stronger feeling of hostility in this game is the fact that it's asymmetrical and a lot of people only play one side.

    I don't think it's a coincidence that all the nice people I've met playing this game are the ones with about equal experience from both sides. It's common sense really, as it gives you more perspective.

  • Personally I think either Rainbow Six Seige or Overwatch has a more toxic community. On DBD sure people are toxic but that's every other game. On Seige or Overwatch every Game I join has at least 1 toxic person

‹ 1 2