Stats - Killer & Survivor Popularity in Red Ranks

The devs already released statistics on the popularity of killers. Since the new killer The Oni and the changes to Nurse and Spirit have been released I was interested how the stats changed in red ranks. Maybe some of you are interested as well.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019#latest

KILLER Popularity

  • sample: 140 survivor matches before 3.5.0 PTB release (only red ranks)
  1. Huntress...........................................................................................................................10.7% (15 matches)
  2. Hillybilly, Nurse, Oni, Trapper............................................................................................8.6% (12 matches)
  3. Freddy, Ghostface, Leatherface.......................................................................................6.4% (9 matches)
  4. Spirit.................................................................................................................................5.7% (8 matches)
  5. Legion, Pig, Wraith...........................................................................................................5.0% (7 matches)
  6. Clown, Hag.......................................................................................................................4.3% (6 matches)
  7. Demogorgon, Plague.......................................................................................................2.1% (3 matches)
  8. Myers...............................................................................................................................1.4% (2 matches)
  9. Doctor..............................................................................................................................0,7% (1 match)

SURVIVOR POPULARITY

  • sample: 776 survivors in killer and survivor matches before 3.5.0 PTB release (only red ranks)
  1. Claudette.......................................................................................................................20.1% (156 survivors)
  2. Meg...............................................................................................................................12.6% (98 survivors)
  3. Nea................................................................................................................................11.7% (91 survivors)
  4. Yui..................................................................................................................................8.4% (65 survivors)
  5. Dwight............................................................................................................................8.2% (64 survivors)
  6. Feng...............................................................................................................................5.5% (43 survivors)
  7. Kate................................................................................................................................4.6% (36 survivors)
  8. Jake................................................................................................................................4.5% (35 survivors)
  9. David..............................................................................................................................4.3% (33 survivors)
  10. Nancy.............................................................................................................................3.7% (29 survivors)
  11. Ace.................................................................................................................................3.5% (27 survivors)
  12. Bill, Laurie......................................................................................................................2.2% (17 survivors)
  13. Steve..............................................................................................................................1.8% (14 survivors)
  14. Adam..............................................................................................................................1.5% (12 survivors)
  15. Jane, Jeff........................................................................................................................1.4% (11 survivors)
  16. Quentin...........................................................................................................................0.9% (7 survivors)
  17. Detective Tapp................................................................................................................0.8% (6 survivors)
  18. Ash..................................................................................................................................0.5% (4 survivors)
Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • 1 Doctor in 140 matches. What is your opinion on the changes to The Doctor in the PTB?

  • 4/776 survivors playing Ash. Now that is embarrassing. They need to rework him because his perks are so uninspired and worthless.

  • where di you got those stats ? it's personnal stats ?

  • @AshleyWB said:

    4/776 survivors playing Ash. Now that is embarrassing. They need to rework him because his perks are so uninspired and worthless.

    Yes I barely saw Ash at all. I am not suprised that the survivors who can only be obtained with real money are ranked this low in the stat but 0.5% is very low.

  • How hard was it to find 156 Blendettes.

  • @Adeloo said:

    where di you got those stats ? it's personnal stats ?

    Yes it is based on my personal games as killer and survivor. I do not claim that the stats are statistically significant.

  • @Gravewalker200 said:

    How hard was it to find 156 Blendettes.

    LUL, im pretty sure most of the Claudettes were indeed Blendettes ^^

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983955#Comment_983955

    Yes it is based on my personal games as killer and survivor. I do not claim that the stats are statistically significant.

    but i don't understant the killer is when you are playing survivor and the survivor when you are playing killer ?

    if so shouldn't you divide the number of survivor by 4 ?

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983966#Comment_983966

    but i don't understant the killer is when you are playing survivor and the survivor when you are playing killer ?

    if so shouldn't you divide the number of survivor by 4 ?

    I had 140 survivor matches which were used as sample for the killer popularity. When I play survivor there are still 3 more survivors in my lobby. I did not include the survivors I played in the stats since this would distort the results.

    Furthermore, I played a decent amount of killer games. Of course those matches do not contribute to the killer popularity and only to the survivor popularity.

    In total there were 776 random red ranked survivors and 140 random red ranked killers.

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983979#Comment_983979

    I had 140 survivor matches which were used as sample for the killer popularity. When I play survivor there are still 3 more survivors in my lobby. I did not include the survivors I played in the stats since this would distort the results.

    Furthermore, I played a decent amount of killer games. Of course those matches do not contribute to the killer popularity and only to the survivor popularity.

    In total there were 776 random red ranked survivors and 140 random red ranked killers.

    But I dont get why you want to divide the numbers by 4.

    Just an example: There were 156 random Claudettes in all matches. There was a total of 776 random survivors. So 20.1% of all random survivors played Claudette. You have 3 to 4 survivors in your lobby (depends on whether you play solo survivor or killer). So there is a chance of 20.1% * 4 = 80.4% that there is at least one Claudette in your lobby. The chance for 2 Claudettes would be 4.04% etc.

  • I see my main Huntress is leading there... hope her popularity doesn't gets her nerfed

  • @beatddb said:

    I see my main Huntress is leading there... hope her popularity doesn't gets her nerfed

    As stated above these stats are based on my personal games - so I dont claim them to be valid for every red rank player. There is a slight chance that someone else has totally different results.

  • Are some grouped together because you had the same number of matches of each?

    Thanks for sharing though, quite interesting. Seems Ghostface has died down quite a bit. Huntress never stops being popular though huh :P

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    Are some grouped together because you had the same number of matches of each?

    Thanks for sharing though, quite interesting. Seems Ghostface has died down quite a bit. Huntress never stops being popular though huh :P

    Some killers share the same "rank" since I versed them the same amount of matches. Eg. there were 12 Nurses, 12 Onis, 12 Trappers and 12 Hillybillys.

    Laurie and Bill were played 17 times each (so in total 34 times)

  • It's honestly fascinating how people have such different experiences. I can't tell you the last time I went against a huntress. Seems like all I see is freddy, ghost, wraith, and trapper anymore. Which the trapper really puzzles me. I've gone against more trappers in the last 2 months than I have in probably the previous 6 months.

  • @goat10em said:

    It's honestly fascinating how people have such different experiences. I can't tell you the last time I went against a huntress. Seems like all I see is freddy, ghost, wraith, and trapper anymore. Which the trapper really puzzles me. I've gone against more trappers in the last 2 months than I have in probably the previous 6 months.

    Yes, maybe it really depends on region and rank. On which rank do you usually play?

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984109#Comment_984109

    Yes, maybe it really depends on region and rank. On which rank do you usually play?

    I am rank 1 survivor and killer. I am an ace and Ash main and my survivor sightings probably are pretty close in line with yours.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984149#Comment_984149

    I am rank 1 survivor and killer. I am an ace and Ash main and my survivor sightings probably are pretty close in line with yours.

    I dont think the popularity of survivors varies over the ranks. Though, I think killers population varies depending on the rank.

  • Ive recorded data from my last hundred or so survivor games and ive got much different results than you. so im guessing it depends on region a lot as well as rank (as many of my games are a mixture of red/purple ranks), for example Nurse was my lowest killer, only facing 1 nurse in a little over 100 matches

  • @Atchoo said:

    1 Doctor in 140 matches. What is your opinion on the changes to The Doctor in the PTB?

    More like: 0 Wraiths in 140 matches. 😫

  • Maybe if he wasn't so bugged for so long. I really wish they fixed him

  • Ooops. I simply forgot Wraith. I edited the stat. Sorry ^^

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    Ive recorded data from my last hundred or so survivor games and ive got much different results than you. so im guessing it depends on region a lot as well as rank (as many of my games are a mixture of red/purple ranks), for example Nurse was my lowest killer, only facing 1 nurse in a little over 100 matches

    Tbh none of those nurses got more than a single kill. I assume many people tried out the new nurse.

  • Hmmm.

    Needs more Bill.

    Hold my beer.

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    Hmmm.

    Needs more Bill.

    Hold my beer.

    I'd love to see more Bills, most of the times its 3 Blendettes and the 4th varies between Meg/Nea/Dwight and Yui :D

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991051#Comment_991051

    Ooops. I simply forgot Wraith. I edited the stat. Sorry ^^

    Yaaay, 7! 🤩

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991051#Comment_991051

    Maybe if he wasn't so bugged for so long. I really wish they fixed him

    One major fix should be coming next patch.

  • Yes, I have overlooked him while typing in the stat.^^

  • Where are all the missing killers?

    You claimed a sample of 140 killers, but only listed 117, that leaves 23 accounted for spread between the remaining killers