New ruin = no compatibility with PGTW?

Seeing as the gens regress automatically, does that mean that you can’t combine it with gen-stomping perks?

Tagged: DevMod

Comments

  • Yep.

    Unless they start allowing you to kick regressing gens

  • @Weck Yeah, this doesn’t sound too promising. But I’m happy to move beyond it to be honest. It always tilts me when they get it early game.

  • Yeah PGTW does not work on gens that are already regressing, so whilst the totem is still up you will be unable to use pop.

  • @MandyTalk Thanks for the reply!

  • I would like to point out that you could take both. If the Ruin totem is cleansed, they've just activated PGtW! :D

  • @Almo said:

    I would like to point out that you could take both. If the Ruin totem is cleansed, they've just activated PGtW! :D

    It's weird you don't see the problem with that.

  • @Almo Ah, the good ol’ “out of the fire into the frying pan”-move ^^

    Another question: Does Surge count as a stomping-perk?

  • @Almo said:

    I would like to point out that you could take both. If the Ruin totem is cleansed, they've just activated PGtW! :D

    why not just make Ruin no longer work with Totems, remove that from the perk. that way u can say they u guys care about what killers say.

  • What? Does the gens regress if survivors stop working on a gen.

  • @AllMyLemons Yes it does! So you could potentially combine it with Surveillance as a tracking device.

  • I think it's going to be interesting to see the synergy with Surveillance...

  • @Almo said:

    I would like to point out that you could take both. If the Ruin totem is cleansed, they've just activated PGtW! :D

    Listen, I know you're not in charge, so I'm not gonna bring you down for these changes. But can you please talk to the team and ask what the flying flubbernugget they were thinking? Why did they decide it was a good idea to remove the bandaid fix for gen speeds instead of, you know, actually address gen speeds? I get why ruin was nerfed, I really do. But you guys can't just knock down a load bearing wall like that.

  • @kamisen said:

    @AllMyLemons Yes it does! So you could potentially combine it with Surveillance as a tracking device.

    Well that doesnt sound so bad then. Why is everyone so upset.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Don't worry, you'll be able to use PGTW 30 seconds after the game starts anyway.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969605#Comment_969605

    Listen, I know you're not in charge, so I'm not gonna bring you down for these changes. But can you please talk to the team and ask what the flying flubbernugget they were thinking? Why did they decide it was a good idea to remove the bandaid fix for gen speeds instead of, you know, actually address gen speeds? I get why ruin was nerfed, I really do. But you guys can't just knock down a load bearing wall like that.

    They don't care, they will either ignore your comment entirely or reply vigorously defending the changes like none of it is a bad idea at all.

    They NEVER admit their mistakes let alone fix them, look at the broken matchmaker. They got tired of people showing screens of rank 20 killers vs rank 2 SWFs so rather than actually fix that problem they are making it so you can't see the ranks.

    I think this is the most I've been let down in the history of this game....because I can't come up with any defense for that type of behavior, I got nothing....

  • @AllMyLemons On the one hand I don’t think everyone fully understand how the perk will work (me included). On the other hand, and this is more at the heart of the matter I think, ruin has helped end-game killers gain momentum before the survivors complete too many gens. Essentially, ruin is reworked to be a late game perk without looking at the generator speed.

  • @Mandy said:

    I think it's going to be interesting to see the synergy with Surveillance...

    Meh. We are just going back to 2k16...

  • It shouldn't surprise you. It's BHVR.

  • @kamisen said:

    @Almo Ah, the good ol’ “out of the fire into the frying pan”-move ^^

    Another question: Does Surge count as a stomping-perk?

    Surge only activates on gens not currently regressing. It COULD work while ruin is up, but only if a survivor is on a nearby gen when you down somebody. You COULD use this to slug one guy and start a chase with another, since the explosion from surge would give away another survivors location, but at that point...its just acting like infectous fright with a slight gen regression.