Four basement kills, six feet under not selected LOL UGH

I have been playing survivor lately so I’ve just left the flag flight challenge on for whenever it happens, played Bubba last night for his daily and just happened to get all four basement kills.

We had the chapel with basement in the main build, hooked first person there. Didn’t camp but ended up chasing another player back to that area and downed him with chainsaw and it carried over to get someone about to vault because I had the acceleration addon on.

So all 3 of them in basement, fourth tried to hide but I found her and since it was close enough figured what the heck...

But I’ll probably never get the chance again, feels bad man.

Maybe I should try today since people seem to not DC as much during double BO.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • That sucks. I had a similar thing happen to me with the Monstrous Shrine challenge - managed to complete it, but realised afterwards I never equipped the perk. It's frustrating when it happens.

    I wonder if they could do something for next Tome where you can gain progress for any and all eligible challenges during a given match, but you can only select one to apply the progress to. So for example, say you had both Hungry Jaws and Six Feet Under available and you played a match as Trapper where you were able to trap six people and killed everyone in the basement. At the end of the trial, you would be able to select which of the two challenges you want to count progress in, and the other would be unchanged, just the same as if you hadn't fulfilled its completion conditions.

    The idea of this would be that it still restricts players to one challenge per match, which was clearly a deliberate design choice on the devs' part and one they presumably want to retain, but at the same time removes some of the frustration of that "dammit, if only I'd had that challenge equipped" feeling.

  • I did this once, then I actually put on the challenge. Got it as Freddy yesterday with agitation and fire up only. I played like a bit of a scumbag but thankfully none of them DCed. Maybe they realised at the end that I was going for it and I'm really happy they didn't DC like almost every other time I've tried this challenge.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    I did this once, then I actually put on the challenge. Got it as Freddy yesterday with agitation and fire up only. I played like a bit of a scumbag but thankfully none of them DCed. Maybe they realised at the end that I was going for it and I'm really happy they didn't DC like almost every other time I've tried this challenge.

    I was playing survivor against someone celery going for it and I played normal the whole game until the end, he already had 3 basement kills so I didn’t even look for hatch or run far from basement, playing both sides I figured any small thing I gained from escaping didn’t match how he would feel completing this one.

  • This DOES show that you dont have to go out of your way or use a special build to get it done. I got mine on that same map, with the basement in the main building too.

  • This is the only challenge I have not done yet. While I was doing other challenges, I got the 4 basement kills with Freddy, without even trying. I hooked a survivor and put down snares on the stairs, got out of the basement and someone was dropping down for the save. Got them and hooked them. Same for the other two, which did not even wait for me to leave to try to go for a save. I wish I had that challenge unlocked and selected at the time.

  • @LordGlint said:

    This DOES show that you dont have to go out of your way or use a special build to get it done. I got mine on that same map, with the basement in the main building too.

    @Fog_King said:

    This is the only challenge I have not done yet. While I was doing other challenges, I got the 4 basement kills with Freddy, without even trying. I hooked a survivor and put down snares on the stairs, got out of the basement and someone was dropping down for the save. Got them and hooked them. Same for the other two, which did not even wait for me to leave to try to go for a save. I wish I had that challenge unlocked and selected at the time.

    Yep, you don’t have to be slimy or use a basement build. Just keep it on and it could happen, now granted once you get 1-2 in the basement it may be time to focus on that if you want it. That’s my plan, if I end up with an good basement spot today I may get it. I don’t wanna run IG or agitation thigh just normal builds

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966082#Comment_966082

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966121#Comment_966121

    Yep, you don’t have to be slimy or use a basement build. Just keep it on and it could happen, now granted once you get 1-2 in the basement it may be time to focus on that if you want it. That’s my plan, if I end up with an good basement spot today I may get it. I don’t wanna run IG or agitation thigh just normal builds

    I was playing Billy at the time, and found that infectous fright is pretty useful for it. Constantly going down to the basement to hook a survivor is abit troublesome, but if you do abit of slugging... its not too bad to get your slugs on basement hooks when your done. I didnt play to kill everyone on their first hook or anything, I just know once you get afew ppl down...the rest have to come close and you end up with the whole team playing near the basement.

  • I did it my accident with the Trapper while doing another challenge, and now that last one is sitting there, mocking me after every match. I feel you.

  • Not a brag, but got it again and it counted!!! Did it as infinite Myers and kudos to the survivors for none of them DCing or camping hatch

  • I honestly stopped playing killer after this challenge was released. And I tried a few times. Five DC games and some 'I rather DC than give you challenge' chat after game. So I kind of stopped trying, it's pointless to put that kind of thing in the game, that has so much DC problems.

  • I did that as trapper. Tried like 10 games to get the 5 traps, finally got it and I didn't have the challenge selected. I cried a little.

  • I had Dark Sense equipped had all 5 gens done and ran out the exit gate. I sat back in my chair and was like finally. Then I realized I didn't select the challenge.

  • @Nomadd said:

    I honestly stopped playing killer after this challenge was released. And I tried a few times. Five DC games and some 'I rather DC than give you challenge' chat after game. So I kind of stopped trying, it's pointless to put that kind of thing in the game, that has so much DC problems.

    I never tried for it before today, I ended up using Bloody party streamers and with double BP event I NC uses triple BP was enough for them to not quit