What happens when streamers attack other streamers for simply playing the game?
I've been watching a streamer who is in his first couple of months into dbd and because matchmaking is broken he's been constantly ranked Vs red ranks even though he's only green.
However because he plays Vs red ranks he's been getting put up against really toxic, offensive and unpleasant people throwing insults and everything like that.
Post game Lobbys have been beyond toxic going well into the hate towards other streamers.
I'm just wondering, how are these scenarios managed by the dev team, because it's really common yet there are always people willing to say whatever they like and it doesn't feel like anything is being done and the people sinking to this level have nothing to be afraid of.
(Also don't talk about specific people in this discussion, it'll go on a downward spiral)
Comments
if it doesn't hurt their income,they don't care lmao.You can get wallhacks and make a youtube video with ur username and playing with it and they wouldn't care xD
I've put in a report against someone that said some very bad things post game (check my profile).
Video was provided.
If the devs aren't perma-banning people for life/death threats involving real authorities, I doubt they'd do anything in this scenario.
I just wonder if streamer privilege is a thing which exists or whether every player has the ability to be banned when saying whatever they like.
I know you're supposed to open a ticket but I just feel like that just ends with no response and these people just continue to breed hatred and division in the game.
Like the person I was watching stream had the response "So this other person is also a streamer ...WHATTT?!" After reading offensive comments in his post game Lobby.
I had a certain streamer's (off-stream for them, on stream for me) SWF team dive bomb the hook so I downed them with billy since nobody was pressuring gens by surrounding the hook. Then I get called a camper for not leaving and going after the dive bombers.
Then they sent their discord mob to spam my direct messages on NEW YEAR'S EVE when I left their server because I didn't want to hear their nasty insults. That constitutes as cross-platform abuse, which is supposed to be a suspension from the game.
The streamer in question has a cosmetic in-game though so since they are a "pinnacle of the community" there's no chance in hell I will waste my time reporting it. Couldn't even message the streamer to tell them who was harassing me because they blocked me before I could say anything.
Behaviour knows what its like to deal with a thousand angry streamer worshipers when they ban them. Ochido was clearly in the wrong and deserved to be banned and yet his community actively tried to review bomb the game en masse. They don't want to deal with it so they hope these instances just fade away before they have to step in. I'm not important to the community so there's no real reason for them to step in to my instance.
Dude, you were quite obviously in the right in that situation. If you have any sort of evidence you MUST report this.
I know it's a tall mountain to climb and the chances of nothing happening are big, but if you do nothing then it's 100% that nothing will happen.
Remember don't use Names because this discussion will turn into a 'killer main vs survivor main' argument.
It really isn't worth it. I have no evidence the streamer told their community to actively harass my DMs but they did tell their community (their version of course) of what happened, posted a 10 second clip of them spinning my billy saw and that's what led to me getting harassed. I had my face pic in discord and someone was talking trash about how I looked.
It doesn't help I turned off DMs because my phone was getting spammed at a new year's eve event and I blocked everyone that messaged me whom I didn't know. I was flustered and didn't really know how to respond to my first instance of ever being harassed on the internet.
Now I know, if this ever happens to you, take screenshots, send them in. But again, behaviour has dealt with banning content creators in the past and it's very hurtful to their company/profits even if it's the right decision. They aren't going to do anything that might start drama over a nobody on the internet. They are here to make money by developing a video game.
I'm sorry you went through that. I just lay low in this game and block my steam profile because I can't be bothered to deal with people, but no one should be forced to do that. Especially being a streamer.
I hope that doesn't happen again.Those people don't deserve the mental energy we're forced to waste on them.
You can discuss the topic, but please don't name anyone, thank you.
If it happens in the end game lobby they can report it and it will be dealt with by BHVR. It all depends on if they cross the line of toxicity into the bannable zone.
If it happens in a Stream chat its then down to reporting it to Twitch for them to sort out much like anything else. BHVR are not in control of anything which happens outside the game itself.
Oh it is. Fog whisperers even more so.
Depends on the platform. If they're both Twitchies its just a squabble. But if it's a Twitchy and a Mixer....
Unfortunately (as much as the devs will come in here to refute it), @luka2211 is basically correct.
I've talked to a couple of fog whisperers (as well as one former fog whisperer) who's names I won't mention for obvious reasons, who have all more or less said the same thing. Apparently they have their own internal report system on an exclusive "fog whisperer discord server". They all told me (except for the former whisperer - he said it outright on stream) that nobody they ever reported for racist/homophobic remarks, lag switching etc (and keep in mind, these are content creators, they send proof) has ever been banned.
The overall sentiment between them is that the only things BHVR really cares about is: Don't hack in cosmetics (even if it's Legacy that you earned, and lost because of a glitch), and don't DC from their game.
Like I said, the devs will go out of their way to refute it...but the writing is on the wall. We've all seen these hackers and toxic scrubs spouting racist/homophobic stuff, reported them, and seen nothing done.
If it's "just" insults they'd probably have to be racist, sexist or anything like that. Simply telling people they're ######### at the game isn't really comparable even though it's incredibly pointless and unpleasant of people to do.
It's anecdotal of course but I've seen 2 people I've reported get a "1 game ban on record" on their Steam profiles before, complete with the usual "banned from dbd for no reason :((" type text on there too. Obviously permaban-worthy offenses like death threats in both cases, and they probably did it to other players and got reported by others as well as they were obvious desperate trolls both in gameplay and post-match behavior. So it does happen, at least in the really clear cut black-and-white cases.
And also, if it ever seems like Streamers have an easier time getting offenders banned, that's not really preferential treatment. If the offenses happen live, there's proof being broadcast live AND in the VODs afterwards. No need for software like Shadowplay to capture it after the fact, they're caught live on camera.
I think there is a duty of care for dbd themselves to look after it's players. But without knowing what is being done to stop these people using dbd as a platform to hate other players I cannot say that the systems they have work.
I know the devs always have the intention to do well but player safety should always be first and if someone is subject to threats or offensive language then I feel like a zero tolerance policy is needed and used as a public deterrent to discourage people from treating others like dirt.
It's just frustrating when tickets are made and then nothing ever changes. Over the years people seem to think being offensive, mean and going out their way to intimidate someone is Cool in dbd.
This is off topic but
Do you know how can I report a fog whisper?
I have a lot of proof of some of them being racist and throwing shade to other streamers.
No idea.
Open a ticket.