Are you a horror fan?
For a long time I've seen people say "We dont need Pennywise, we already have a clown!" which is headassed, but today I saw someone say this who mentioned they dont know anything about pennywise other than hes a killer clown. That makes a lot of sense actually, from an outsider perspective what would be the point of having two different killer clowns?
It got me thinking, I dont really know who makes up this community. Especially on the survivor side it seems like a lot of people treat this game as a competitive...thing. The rarest survivors are often the ones from movies, I can probably count the number of Tapps and Ashs ive seen on one hand. It could be because you have to buy those characters but licensed killers often seem to outweigh the originals. It could be the killer side has more slasher fans or it could be that the licensed killers are actually useful as opposed to just skins and its all about the gameplay
So although to me it would seem like most people who play this game would be horror fans, its looking like that may not be the case. What are you?
Comments
Did you see dream warriors? I recently watched the first 3 and I think that may be my favorite "horror" movie of all time
Did you just made that poll because you were annoyed with my personal opinion on Pennywise ?
Came with my friends, stayed for some reason
I love love love horror! I'm actually a horror film collector :D
no lol, I was saying it makes sense that people wouldn't want pennywise if they didn't know he was more than just a killer clown, because if he was what would be the point? I'm not sure how you took that as a personal attack but sorry?
Is this personal reasons ? because I'm actually quite interested in why you would stay if you dont like horror games/movies ? no judgement im genuinely curious cuz i love the game
well if you didnt it's all good then, just that that poll appeared right after you talked on my discussion, that's all.
and well, if he was just a killer clown, i think nobody would even ask for him except a few fans of the new movies (ya know, those who ask for pretty much any new trendy horror movie star in the game)
Honestly that's actually amazing that a game as...brutal as dbd can attract a diverse group of people that normally would have no interest in it
Also I think Kate perfectly matches that lol
Maybe I misread your post but I thought you said that hadn't seen the movie, ive seen a lot of compare Clown and Pennywise but you were the first that made me realize that not everyone who plays the game is here for the horror fan service
I dont have some sort of horror superiority complex lol infact anyone that does is an extreme headass because horror movies are mostly disregarded by cinema snobs
I watched the original movies and the first one of the remake, i admit that i didnt watch the second one (because i didnt have the time)
Personally I'm both here for the fanserv and the game
yeah, i get you, sorry, i was kinda aggressive, guess we both misread the post of the other
I love horror movies.
Not a fan of slashers specifically, though. Body horror is probably my favorite. Supernatural horror, sci-fi horror, and psychological horror are great, too. Slashers are often my least favorite of the horror genre.
I saw like 2 movies cuz I'm scared (Just in horror movies), but I would love to watch others
I think slashers are less definitely the least scary version of horror but theyre also the most fun
If you haven't seen Saw you should check it out. Its actually a really good and misunderstood movie (not helped by all the torture porn sequels) I recommend it tho because out of everything in DBD its probably the tamest save for Stranger things. Its dark and uncomfortable but its actually not really that scary, its more of a thriller than anything. About as scary as like a dark episode of Criminal minds.
Frankly I don't know :D I got hooked I guess badum-tss
I'm a competitive person and a game with clear objectives is a nice thing. I also started to play without my friends to get better and got used to it. Not a lot of things scare me now (yeah, I'm looking at hag traps). When I started, I literally screamed and scared my neighbours :D
I loved Kate from the first time I saw her, nice to know why :D
I just play the game. I watched a lot of Horror Movies when I was younger, nowadays I am not that much into Horror anymore. Last time I watched a Horror Film was Evil Dead in 2013 with a friend of mine, because Horror was the Genre we both were ok with when going to the cinema.
(The movie is not good btw)
I’ve seen the movies but only like the Halloween series.
I love horror movies, especially slashers!! Still kinda disappointed they got the license to the remake Freddy (aka the pedo Freddy) instead of the original but apparently getting licenses is hard so I understand why they settled for the remake. I don't really like clowns so I'm not going to be sad if they never add Pennywise but I do think he'd be a cool addition to the game!
cool
Yeah it suckksss BUT a good thing to come out of his is Quentin gets new life, way more than he ever would as a character from the bad remake of a classic everyone forgot about. And because the Wes Craven estate has the rights back and are making a new movie...maybe well get a revamped freddy. And hopefully Nancy but I think that's hoping for too much lol