Perks/addons/items being "abused"

Just wanted to get you guys take on this. Just got out of a game, and one of the survivors said in the endgame chat "i cant wait for that PWYF nerf". I said I really doubt its gonna get nerfed and they replied that ppl are "abusing" it. Frankly using a perk for its intended function hardly counts as abusing something to me, but I wanted to get you alls take on it. Is using something in the game in whatever way considered "abusing" it and can you get explainations and reasoning.

Comments

  • But...how are people abusing it? Did they say how?

  • @chase131119 said:

    But...how are people abusing it? Did they say how?

    No, they didnt go into anymore detail than that. I know its gained alot of popularity with instadown killers, expecially with Nemesis. Was using it on Plague with no addons and did fairly well.

  • PWYF nerf...lol...there are still many people that rate nemesis+PWYF under SF+enduring. But yeah let's nerf a mediocre peek that got some synergy. GG.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    PWYF nerf...lol...there are still many people that rate nemesis+PWYF under SF+enduring. But yeah let's nerf a mediocre peek that got some synergy. GG.

    Hopefully they dont do anything like make the perk lose ALL tokens when you attack. Go from 3 stacks to 0 for 1 hit.

  • Nerfed again? ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • I don't know how people can use haste perks as killer it's something about the speed but it's easier for me to miss hits which is why I hate bloodlust it's not helpful

  • Honestly Pwyf could do with a buff. Meanwhile Nemesis is easily countered making half the build useless. The only killer that makes really effective use of this combo is Bubba; arguably the weakest killer against good survivors, as his power is completely worthless on loops (without pwyf). Just because a perk combo makes a killer semi viable doesn't mean it should be nerfed. If anything that's just a clear sign that the killers themselves need changes to be viable.

  • The only time I've "abused" pwyf is when I'm trying to lose Chase rather than hitting the survivor and the survivor thinks that I want to farm/being friendly. It's not intentionally and I feel guilty when I smack the survivor down.

    And example of perks actually being abused would be survivors with bt and Ds. Running into the killer and body blocking with bt or going for an overly aggressive save in front of you because of the safety of DS.

  • @ermsy said:

    The only time I've "abused" pwyf is when I'm trying to lose Chase rather than hitting the survivor and the survivor thinks that I want to farm/being friendly. It's not intentionally and I feel guilty when I smack the survivor down.

    And example of perks actually being abused would be survivors with bt and Ds. Running into the killer and body blocking with bt or going for an overly aggressive save in front of you because of the safety of DS.

    I can MAYBE see it as abusing when you moonwalk after a survivor to lose chase...while still right ontop of them. Thats kinda just cheesing the chase mechanic to build stacks. Thought it funny though that the guy said perks that survivors abuse like DS and BT got nerfed so... I told him I want some BT lvl "nerfs" on PWYF where instead of maxing out at 3 stacks, I get 10.