Do Not Stop the Hook Farming
This game has always said that game play is up to the player. Do you work with the team and work at escaping. Or do you play more solo, hiding and allowing the others to do the work.
I do not have to out run the Killer, I just have to out run you applies. Sandbagging is a thing and if that's how you want to play that's your right.
Now after watching the latest Q&A, they say they are looking at punishing unsafe unhooks. This goes against the freedom of playing scummy. If its down to me and you and I want to unhook you so that hopefully you go down again quicker, and let the hatch spawn so I can get out that should be a option.
How many people have just waited while the second last guy struggles and dies so you can grab the hatch. Loads of us have.
Like real life the game is filled with lots of personality types, the work together types and the let the world burn just so long as I escape types. I do not think that survivors that are in it for themselves should be punished point wise for being "that guy".
When it comes down to it, if the game only let one person leave a match, we would all be cut-throat. Why do we need to punish people who don't wish to play "for the team"?
Comments
My personal freedom not to be farmed is being violated by how you play.
Your personal freedom to punch ends where my nose begins.
The only problem with this is that if I don't try, they 100% just die on that hook. And if I do try there is a chance they get away. Who is that guy who says, a small chance at escaping and making more points... nah F'That I'll just die here on this hook.
Once you are on that hook, you really don't have much of a choice anyways, struggle for a few more points or just give up and die. Once you are hooked , whether you like it or not, YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER OBJECTIVE. And if I do the action I deserve the points.
They get away if the Killer, (like so many on this thread have stated) goes after the unhooker. Its not a 100% death rate unlike leaving them on the hook is. The dooming depends entirely on the Killer , something the unhooker has 0 control over. Again I say the action was done, and the points were rewarded. Removing points is a real bad idea.
Anyways look at this situation as the devs removing your freedom to play the game how you want. That is the main topic here, and I'm beginning to think I should have just stated that from the beginning, but what can I do now?
They're not removing your freedom to do anything. You can still grief other players. You just won't be rewarded for it.
Its a valid tactic, I've been promised that I can play for the team or greedy for myself. And if that means unsafe unhooks the action was taken, the risk was present, and the job was done, points are due. Right or wrong be damned, the action was taken and yeah points are expected.
If you intentionally get the hooked player killed, it defeats the purpose of not just removing hooks entirely and having the killer mori
everyone right away. That is literally why hooks are even in the game. Not just to feed points to you.
You should not be rewarded for getting another player killed with an action that is meant to hel them. That is like saying "survivors should be rewarded for holding other survivors in place with the heal mechanic so the killer can get them"
By taking away the points for an action, it makes it so that the action isn't viable/profitable. Therefore they are modifying game play. And I've never been one for much censoring of anything in my life, so I find taking away my points for the actions of a third party (the Killer) as unacceptable.
Because getting one hooked, ranks up there with getting first minute mori'd.
And if they didn't give so many points, why would people do it in the end game. (Aside from SWF, thats another issue) but for 4 strangers that have no attachment to each other, I'll take the 5k leave over getting you off the hook if there is nothing in it for myself.
And that's human nature, in the end, when the chips are down, my life is more valuable to me then yours. If you argue that you are lying to yourself. So why can't I be true to my nature while playing this game, perhaps I'm that absorbed, that to me I'm the one that NEEDS to live.
This is a MULTIPLAYER GAME not a TEAM GAME, though it is starting to morph that way.
It's not their job to make every action profitable. You're the one modifying your gameplay because you want to get easy points. You can still be a scumbag if you want, or you can make (relatively) safe saves and get those juicy points. It's entirely up to you.
Just keep in mind that actions have consequences. You're free to do as you wish, but you're not free from the consequences. You "muh freedom" crowd often forget that all actions have consequences, and your freedom to act does not protect you from them.
But I don't get points for that, if I drop a pallet and stun the Killer and sandbag the player... yeah 100% I deserve the points for it. Are you saying that they should also be stripping points for that scenario as well?
Guys, for the last time, STOP LOOKING AT THE EXAMPLE I USED... its not the f'n point. The point here is the devs are removing the freedom to play how you want and point up. We were promised a game where we can play as team based as we want or as out for myself as I want.
Somewhere along the line survivors complained moral police force into the game.
You were never guaranteed to get points for any and all manner of play. That's a sandbox game. If you want a sandbox game, go play one.
Speak for yourself please.
Yeah you were, you do the action you get points, its currently coded that way, and they are now changing it to be otherwise.
No, you weren't. Show me where the game was advertised as such. This is a mechanic that's being changed because the devs don't like how people are abusing it. By your logic, any and all changes to a game are "infringing your freedom".
I'm unhooking in front of a Killer, there is a element of risk there. The Killer could just as easily hit me. If the killer hits them, not my fault, its not working with them at all. Its taking guess that the Killer will take the easy way out and down the hurt guy.
And again they were as good as dead anyways. If I didn't unhook them, then they die on the hook.
Anyways I'm getting tired of defending your rights to play as free as you want. If you guys want to let your freedoms get punished I guess there is no fixing it. Just remember when it goes through, and then they eventually punish a behaviour that you don't feel should have a point punish on, I tried to warn you.
Or when no one comes to dehook you because... well its just not worth the risk. Enjoy those hooks, but of course you won't stay on the hook and drag out the camp, you'll just DC because no one is helping.
Are you referring to the human nature remark? If so you are not being truthful to yourself. Other then family its human nature to preserve your own life above all else. Why would I die for a complete stranger? (The initial concept of the game was for 4 complete strangers to enter into the ordeal).
If you want to see how truthful this would be, change the game on two fronts.
One no SWF, and two only one person can escape, and everyone else gets nothing, not points, just a thanks for playing, try again.
You see how fast the gameplay would change.
Try reading more then a few lines, this entire thing was based on there just being two survivors left in the game. And one survivor daring to leave the hatch camp, to get the second last guy off the hook.
But I understand you wanted to get that last jab in before the thread ends.
And again I don't actually play this way, but I support peoples right to play it.
If that mechanic was in the game, I'd support it. 100% and it would be a proper solution to this instead of removing my points for an unhook.
Get bent. This community is better off without people like you.
They aren't preventing you to do anything, you'll just won't be rewarded for bad unhook anymore
"The devs are taking away our freedom to play how we want!" Yet you're defending sandbagging, which puts the victim in a situation where they have no control at all. And stop with that 'solo play' defense. There's a difference between playing solo, and deliberately getting others killed. All because the devs don't want to reward terrible unhooks, doesn't mean you can't do them anyway. You just won't be rewarded for it.
It's the same with all the "muh freedom" crowd. They just want the "freedom" to be ######### while profiting from it and without reprimand.
The dev's really hamstrung themselves with this game. DbD is a 1 v 4 that gets reduced to a 1 v1 while in a chase but the dev;s have to maintain just enough killer strength so you only kill 2. If more than one surv gets involved in the 1 v1 its gets tricky. Talk about a balancing act. Killers cant be strong enough to kill all 4 in comfort. They cant make killing a walk in the park so it is this very mechanic that makes killers so weak at times.
Then do not get in the ring with a boxer. It was your choice, remember.
This entire thread is just a joke lol. Supporting douchebaggery against fellow survivors is disgusting.
The proper analogy would be "don't have the misfortune of running into someone who's trying desperately to prove his manliness by attacking people who can't fight back", because I don't choose to be in a game with someone like OP.
You don't have to play ######### to do well..