Totem counter when?

Devs have only been talking about it for the last year or two. Why is such a simple QoL change so difficult to add? I know they're really slow on these, and would prefer to nerf killers and spam cosmetics, but come on. It can't be that hard to add five marks to the side of the screen that represent active totems.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945578#Comment_945578

    Nah sweetie I play in red ranks where killers mostly don’t waste time with NOED and even when they do, survivors know how to play it. I played for hours this morning and three killers had NOED. Once, it saved the game for a killer because my teammates were doodoo. Another time I cleansed it right after it spawned and the killer got nothing. Last time it got the killer two hooks before I cleansed it and three of us escaped. This is me playing solo. And none of those three times did I feel the game cheated me or was unfair. We just didn’t do totems. After any of those three games I could have changed out a perk for Det Hunch but I decided not to.

    The balance is there, you just have to find it instead of whining for developers to hold your hand 👍

    I agree.

    If NOED gets a killer more than 1 or 2 hooks, then that is on the survivors.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945142#Comment_945142

    idc about small game, stop annoying me. You don't get the big picture, stay in your little bubble

    You're upset the game doesn't hold your hand, or is the problem that you can't count to five yourself? Stop acting like a victim when you choose to not use the available perks.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945405#Comment_945405

    It's not a nerf to noed since swf already have this information. It would be only a nerf if NOON could have this information and even swf would benefit from that. But they don't.

    It is a nerf because not all SWF coordinate on how many totems are left.

    I can only recall doing it 1 time ever.

    Whereas if there was a counter then everybody would go out of their way to break them.

  • Simple. STOP CRYING AND JUST LOOK FOR THE TOTEM. There. Hope I fixed your problem :)

  • they will do a perk for that, if you know what I mean...

  • I'm solo.

    Currently running DS/Inner Strength/Lithe (used to be DH but it's currently unreliable)/Detective's Hunch

    My team hardly ever goes down to NOED, I make great BP, and I pip almost every game.

    Hrmmmm, I wonder why. I also don't struggle vs Ruin...hrmmmmm

    If people don't want to run Small Game/Detective's Hunch/Map, or even just cleanse totems as they see them, that's on them.

    NOED is trash against a team with even 1-2 survivors running anti-totem stuff.

    The game already has enough anti-totem stuff - I doubt the devs are ever going to give 'freebies' like a totem counter, chase indicator, etc. given their recent statement regarding built-in Kindred.

    I'm also not a fan of anything that discourages build variety and, evidently, neither are the devs.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945482#Comment_945482

    Every pvp game is competetive by definition. Just some are more balanced than others. DbD is one of the less balanced games.

    You clearly don't understand the difference between a 1 v 4 asymmetrical game, and other PvP offerings. Adding a totem counter would discourage build variety, in an already stale meta. What the ######### would be the point to detective's hunch or small game if a totem counter existed? And don't give me that ######### about Thrill of the Hunt. The totems belong to the killer and they deserve to have information that survivers don't in terms of that.

    Get over yourself. A lot of people, like myself, do just fine as a solo without a totem counter. Just run small game if it bothers you so much. But wait, that would disturb your oh so important meta ######### build wouldn't it? Sounds to me like you want free information without having to slot a perk for it. And if you hate "balancing with perks" so much, why the ######### are you even playing this game? Giving survivors more baseline information would destabilize the ######### game.

  • Gonna use your head when?

    Just remember where the totems are, count the ones you have cleansed and ones cleansed by others, its that simple I know.

  • @LlamaArmour said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945418#Comment_945418

    It is a nerf because not all SWF coordinate on how many totems are left.

    I can only recall doing it 1 time ever.

    Whereas if there was a counter then everybody would go out of their way to break them.

    We are not balancing around potatoes. We balance on highest plays. Highest plays includes communicating dull totems.

  • You already have perks that help you find dull totems. Detective's Hunch is my personal favorite. If killers want to keep track of totems, they have to run the perk Hex: Thrill of The Hunt.

    There is no need. or a totem counter unless you're a survivor that doesn't want to put effort into the game.

1 2 ›