Why is Hex: Ruin still in the game?

Considering Hex: Ruin is by far the most used killer perk in the game how have the devs not thought that there is a possible issue with their game? The perk is not fun for either side. Continuing on this note I think all gen slowdown perks are immensely unfun to use and play against, but are sometimes necessary against survivors who know how to do gens. I really wish the devs would look at why Hex: Ruin has such a high usage rate and try to fix the core issue because as it is now I don't think anyone enjoys the perk.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • As much as I don't like Ruin, the fact is most matches I have played go crazy fast if there is no ruin around. Match starts and if every survivor is apart, they find a gen and start working. Killer finds 1 survivor and chases him or her. If the survivor manages to stall for a bit, 3 gens pop-up. Then the survivor usually goes down, someone goes for the save. 1 more gen pops up by the time someone else is downed and the last gen won't be too far away from being completed too.

    I also don't like the idea of making gens take more time to fix, but I think something has to be done so that if the killer does not use ruin, he or she is not so punished.

  • @Fog_King said:

    As much as I don't like Ruin, the fact is most matches I have played go crazy fast if there is no ruin around. Match starts and if every survivor is apart, they find a gen and start working. Killer finds 1 survivor and chases him or her. If the survivor manages to stall for a bit, 3 gens pop-up. Then the survivor usually goes down, someone goes for the save. 1 more gen pops up by the time someone else is downed and the last gen won't be too far away from being completed too.

    I also don't like the idea of making gens take more time to fix, but I think something has to be done so that if the killer does not use ruin, he or she is not so punished.

    Or maybe chasing efficiently?

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942356#Comment_942356

    That's weird I don't see anywhere in my statement where I said I often let 4 survivors get to end game. Must be invisible messages caused by amnesia.

    Oorrrr maybe I named a RARE circumstance where adrenaline is especially annoying....nah couldn't possibly be that, not at all

    Not so rare for you though right?

  • Yeah pretty rare bordering on non existent but even I have had trash games particularly when I first started and didn't even know wth adrenaline was.

    But go ahead and keep grasping for straws

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942364#Comment_942364

    Yeah pretty rare bordering on non existent but even I have had trash games particularly when I first started and didn't even know wth adrenaline was.

    But go ahead and keep grasping for straws

    How would you be so new you don't know what Adrenaline is and yet the survivors are hardened veterans all running it. Calling bs right here.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942372#Comment_942372

    How would you be so new you don't know what Adrenaline is and yet the survivors are hardened veterans all running it. Calling bs right here.

    Lmao guess you already forgot about old rank reset I mean the new change has only been out for one reset now 🤣😭😂

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942385#Comment_942385

    Lmao guess you already forgot about old rank reset I mean the new change has only been out for one reset now 🤣😭😂

    People didn't reset to 20

  • Lol they don't need to or are you forgetting that match making has been trash forever now, furthermore there was still a big problem with people intentionally deranking SPECIFICALLY for rank reset.

    This is absolutely precious you're so latched on the fact the a new person could run into this scenario that your brain has imploded

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942392#Comment_942392

    Lol they don't need to or are you forgetting that match making has been trash forever now, furthermore there was still a big problem with people intentionally deranking SPECIFICALLY for rank reset.

    This is absolutely precious you're so latched on the fact the a new person could run into this scenario that your brain has imploded

    It's very rare so I doubt it actually happened.

  • Bet it happened more often than you think lol. It's easier to progress to mid tier as killer than as survivor because new survivors can't loop worth a crap.

    Throw in old rank reset and voiela you can get survivors with a bunch of meta perks paired up with barely competent killers with few perks.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941866#Comment_941866

    Survivors being idiots isnt a "really BS thing Killers can get away with". Ironically, a camping LF outskilled your team.

    Ummm he got one chainsaw near the basement and literally just sat there for 4-5 gens because the guy he was camping had kindred so we could all see it, then got another 1 shot hit with NOED and camped that guy to dead too during the door opening.

    1 chainsaw, 1 M1, 2 kills. Outskilled. Lmao. It's one of the things wrong with this game really. If you don't care about pips it's way too damn easy to cheese the kills.

  • why wouldnt be.

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941131#Comment_941131

    You mean like dead hard, borrowed time, iron will, decisive strike, balanced landing, lithe, and most other survivor perks that allow you to make mistake after mistake and get away with it? One killer perk that doesn't require constant outsmarting of survivors isn't a problem.

    How can iron will help you from making mistakes ?

  • This MarsAttack guy is relentless and just feels his opinion is the right one and the only one, so just let it go waffle, this guy isn't worth it.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941143#Comment_941143

    DS: Anti- tunnel.

    Unbalanced Maps: Devs decide to buff killers and nerf survivors instead

    Genrushing: What a stupid term. Survivors do the objective quickly. There’s literally nothing wrong with “gEn rUsHiNg”

    Lmao, killers have been nerfed like crazy too. The maps are incredibly unbalanced in survivor's favor, and DS is known to have many problems that extend beyond just being an anti tunnel perk. All of these points have been beaten to death time and time again, but "KILLER UNFAIR TOO STRONG SURVIVOR UNDERPOWERED" Seems to be ingrained in people. Both sides are in a pretty okay spot in terms of balance but need tweaks, and the maps really need to be fixed.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Some killers can quite easily get by without Hex: Ruin because of one thing that they have in their kit: MOBILITY.

    As someone who mainly plays stealth killers, sometimes I've had 2 gens popped before I hook someone because I couldn't get to a survivor fast enough. Ruin helps me stall out just that little bit to get a hook or 2 to help me snowball later.

    Quite a few killers as well have moved over to using Corrupt Intervention to force survivors towards them instead. I haven't levelled Plague, so I don't have that option.

    And I believe the most used perk for killers is BBq + Chilli.

    The most used Killer perk is in fact Ruin.

  • It's the equivalent of hiding your terror radius. When used on a blendette, it can easily get you out of mistakes.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942038#Comment_942038

    Ruin is a big problem if people literally have to adjust their playstyle around it. The grind isn't an issue you can get meta in 3 days. Maps are an issue you finally got something right. Solo and swf gaps aren't as big as people think, definitely a smaller problem than Ruin or poor killer performance. The second biggest problem next to maps which take forever to fix is something that can be fixed at any time: the ranking system. Disagree? Tell me why.

    This mentality is the real problem. Yes, you need to adjust your playstyle and cannot brainafk play the game on autopilot. But that's exactly the point of the game! Each Perk and Killer should bring something unique to the table, to play around different strength and weaknesses.

    Otherwise you are better off, playing KYF with 4 other buddies over and over again.

    Isn't it the fun to understand the opposite site and adjust, outplay and outsmart the other player?

    Why are you even playing, if you are unwilling to learn, grow and adjust to the game?

    If it's still fun, then why do you complain?

    If it's so unplayable, than better uninstall and look for a game better suited to your taste.

    If you ask for help about a strategy, perk or killer, but are unwilling to try any solutions, why do you even ask?

    And how can you be serious about saying, a squad of 4 SWF and a single solo are mostly the same?

    You get so much more information and options as a 4 men SWF squad than if you go in solo.

    Ranking in DBD doesn't mean a lot. It reflects who can invest the most time into the game and usually, if you have a growing mindset and are willing to learn and adjust, you will get better at the game and deserve your place at the top, but it takes some time, sadly more time than just ranking up.

    I still think some maps need some work done or are simply too large for a game like DBD.

  • @Cymer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942047#Comment_942047

    This mentality is the real problem. Yes, you need to adjust your playstyle and cannot brainafk play the game on autopilot. But that's exactly the point of the game! Each Perk and Killer should bring something unique to the table, to play around different strength and weaknesses.

    Otherwise you are better off, playing KYF with 4 other buddies over and over again.

    Isn't it the fun to understand the opposite site and adjust, outplay and outsmart the other player?

    Why are you even playing, if you are unwilling to learn, grow and adjust to the game?

    If it's still fun, then why do you complain?

    If it's so unplayable, than better uninstall and look for a game better suited to your taste.

    If you ask for help about a strategy, perk or killer, but are unwilling to try any solutions, why do you even ask?

    And how can you be serious about saying, a squad of 4 SWF and a single solo are mostly the same?

    You get so much more information and options as a 4 men SWF squad than if you go in solo.

    Ranking in DBD doesn't mean a lot. It reflects who can invest the most time into the game and usually, if you have a growing mindset and are willing to learn and adjust, you will get better at the game and deserve your place at the top, but it takes some time, sadly more time than just ranking up.

    I still think some maps need some work done or are simply too large for a game like DBD.

    No I mean Ruin ruins the variance of the game because the killer always uses it.

  • The reason it's in the game is because there hasn't been a fix on gen speeds. Two survivors on one gen is 45 seconds. Little bit less if two people have prove thyself so there's at least two teams working on gens. Of course this doesn't count if someone is being chased by the killer.

  • Where does Decisive Strike fall in terms of use?

  • I don't actually know at the moment, and I don't have access to the data right now.

1 2 ›