Jigsaw Boxes

These things are maddening. Just played a match. Get headgear. Go to first jigsaw box. Don't miss a skillcheck. No luck. Headgear remains. Second jigsaw box. Don't miss a skillcheck. No missed skill checks. Still have headgear. Third jigsaw box. No missed skill checks. Still have headgear. Don't make it to fourth before headgear explodes.

That's just stupid ridiculous. One jigsaw box doesn't do the trick. Ok. I get it. Two boxes. I can live with it but it's getting silly at this point. Three jigsaw boxes and we've moved into the realm of ridiculous.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Omg, the beeping. THE BEEPING!

    I only like to boop the snoot and then fall into the warm embrace of Piggy.

  • I get it, the RNG for that is terrible, especially if your survivors pop that gen with the RBT on your head. But I think this is small potatoes considering how little The Pig is played.

  • I'm lucky i guess. I only need around two boxes to get those damn things off.

  • It sucks when that happens, but it is pretty rare to actually get killed by an RBT, even if you do get unlucky and your key is in the last box. And honestly, it's not a game design problem - it's your teammates' fault for activating your trap early.

  • When I run Pig, it takes 1-2 boxes to clear the trap. When I face pig, it is 3-4 to get it off my head.

  • you're like the 1% of bad RNG for the boxes.. i could spit out 5 traps 10 consecutive games and they'd be removed within 30 seconds

  • @Fibijean said:

    It sucks when that happens, but it is pretty rare to actually get killed by an RBT, even if you do get unlucky and your key is in the last box. And honestly, it's not a game design problem - it's your teammates' fault for activating your trap early.

    I am going to admit to lacking knowledge on what you just said. What do you mean "activating your trap early"?

  • @Hopesfall said:

    you're like the 1% of bad RNG for the boxes.. i could spit out 5 traps 10 consecutive games and they'd be removed within 30 seconds

    I rarely get them to come off after 1 box. Over half the time it happens by the second. Until tonight I had never had it not happen by the third one. I actually thought there was a limit of 3 as I had never had it take more than that.

  • @Thasard said:

    I get it, the RNG for that is terrible, especially if your survivors pop that gen with the RBT on your head. But I think this is small potatoes considering how little The Pig is played.

    Understand what you are saying. At the same time the point isn't how often Pig is played. It's the fact that it shouldn't take that many boxes to get one of those off

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926212#Comment_926212

    I am going to admit to lacking knowledge on what you just said. What do you mean "activating your trap early"?

    The countdown timer on the trap only starts when a generator is completed. Before that, you have infinite time to get the trap off your head. So basically your teammates screwed you over by completing a generator against Pig, knowing you had a trap on your head, without giving you time to at least search a box or two first.

  • If you complain enough then the devs will nerf pig too

    just look how quickly they nerfed oni and freddy in a "hotfix"

  • @mmain said:

    These things are maddening. Just played a match. Get headgear. Go to first jigsaw box. Don't miss a skillcheck. No luck. Headgear remains. Second jigsaw box. Don't miss a skillcheck. No missed skill checks. Still have headgear. Third jigsaw box. No missed skill checks. Still have headgear. Don't make it to fourth before headgear explodes.

    That's just stupid ridiculous. One jigsaw box doesn't do the trick. Ok. I get it. Two boxes. I can live with it but it's getting silly at this point. Three jigsaw boxes and we've moved into the realm of ridiculous.

    It has nothing to do with how many boxes you check. When you get the trap put on you, one of the boxes is chosen to unlock it. It's not a numbers game. You have to find the right box.

  • Yup, know exactly how you feel, it's always a 50/50 shot for me if I get it off or if I'm dying.

  • This is what makes Pig great imo.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/113474/jigsaw-boxes

    It has nothing to do with how many boxes you check. When you get the trap put on you, one of the boxes is chosen to unlock it. It's not a numbers game. You have to find the right box.

    Learning something new. Is there only one box that will unlock it each time?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926219#Comment_926219

    The countdown timer on the trap only starts when a generator is completed. Before that, you have infinite time to get the trap off your head. So basically your teammates screwed you over by completing a generator against Pig, knowing you had a trap on your head, without giving you time to at least search a box or two first.

    Thanks. Did not realize that

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926232#Comment_926232

    Learning something new. Is there only one box that will unlock it each time?

    Yeah. There's even a chance a box will never have a key

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926383#Comment_926383

    Yeah. There's even a chance a box will never have a key

    By that, you mean that in any given trial, there's a chance that a particular box might not contain any keys, right? Because if you're saying that there's a chance that none of the boxes will have the key to a particular trap, that's not true.

  • It's time for a pig nerf

    /s

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926232#Comment_926232

    Learning something new. Is there only one box that will unlock it each time?

    Yeah. There's even a chance a box will never have a key. I don't know if it's determined when the trap is put on or at the beginning of the trial, though.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    It's time for a pig nerf

    Why? Pig is completely counterable in chases: Pig has normal killer movement speed while standing, has a lower line of sight, so easy to lose in tall grass (and low grass if begins crouching).

    Also, use Spine Chill, it's an op perk, especially against stealth killers.

  • @nimesulide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926671#Comment_926671

    Why? Pig is completely counterable in chases: Pig has normal killer movement speed while standing, has a lower line of sight, so easy to lose in tall grass (and low grass if begins crouching).

    Also, use Spine Chill, it's an op perk, especially against stealth killers.

    Dude it's sarcasm

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926512#Comment_926512

    By that, you mean that in any given trial, there's a chance that a particular box might not contain any keys, right? Because if you're saying that there's a chance that none of the boxes will have the key to a particular trap, that's not true.

    Yeah, a specific box may not contain any keys for any of the traps. A key will always be present. There's even the possibility that every key will spawn in the same box.

  • Btw they changed it so unnerving doesn't work on pig boxes anymore ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿท days of my only fun times crazy skill check piggy days are over ๐Ÿท btw I understand your frustration but please leave piggy alone she's been through enough plus it's really rare to get head pops.

    Please try to realize you was blessed with the head pop and you should feel special and loved ๐Ÿฝโค๏ธ

  • @Darkskies said:

    Btw they changed it so unnerving doesn't work on pig boxes anymore ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿท days of my only fun times crazy skill check piggy days are over ๐Ÿท btw I understand your frustration but please leave piggy alone she's been through enough plus it's really rare to get head pops.

    Please try to realize you was blessed with the head pop and you should feel special and loved ๐Ÿฝโค๏ธ

    Boop

  • @mmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926216#Comment_926216

    I rarely get them to come off after 1 box. Over half the time it happens by the second. Until tonight I had never had it not happen by the third one. I actually thought there was a limit of 3 as I had never had it take more than that.

    The pig would be a trash killer without those odds.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    It's time for a pig nerf

    Not calling to do away with boxes altogether. Was simply saying it is ridiculous that you can get one of those thing on your head and go from box to box to box never missing a skill check and still never get it off before it explodes.

    Granted, that doesn't happen often. In my opinion after 3 boxes without a missed skill check it should come off. I'm under no delusion it's gong to change regardless of what I think.