Endgame for Dummies

I'm fed up with EGC and it will be one of the contributing factors when I quit playing this game. I’m a solo survivor and I often end up being the last survivor in a game where the gens didn’t get done and it comes down to finding hatch / EGC. 85% of the time the killer finds hatch first and closes it leading to.... Endgame for dummies. Can you, the red thru green rank killer, guard 2 doors in strolling distance of each other? How about we put a hill in between so you can stand on it and just watch both doors? Need a comfy chair?

It’s insulting to have to put up with this garbage. Most of the time I just run around looking for totems or chests for points since going for the doors is a complete waste of time. Devs will you PLEASE figure out a way to space the doors out so that at least a game is still being played until the end? Or create a mechanic where the timer is reduced if there’s only 1 survivor left? I’m not asking for a handout, just something competitive and fair. Else, the game is honestly just over once EGC triggers and the rest is just a charade.

Comments

  • Devs have already responded to similar requests: Git Gud

  • Some doors ARE too close. Some are too far away.

    EGC is supposed to be Killer-sided. It always should be.

  • I've never liked endgame collapse for both sides but ya gotta put up with it

  • @Pulsar said:

    Some doors ARE too close. Some are too far away.

    EGC is supposed to be Killer-sided. It always should be.

    Honestly, nope. EGC should be there to guarantee that the game will come to an end and not taken Hostage by "funny" Survivors. However, it is totally Killer-sided.

    And yes, the Survivor had X attempts to escape, bla, bla, bla. The same bullshit like everytime will come up here. But in fact, sometimes the Survivor would have deserved the Escape.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925827#Comment_925827

    Honestly, nope. EGC should be there to guarantee that the game will come to an end and not taken Hostage by "funny" Survivors. However, it is totally Killer-sided.

    And yes, the Survivor had X attempts to escape, bla, bla, bla. The same bullshit like everytime will come up here. But in fact, sometimes the Survivor would have deserved the Escape.

    Everyone else died. You had a chance to find hatch, the Killer didn't slug for the 4K. You have a small chance to open the gates.

    It should be Killer sided, you failed at every possible opportunity, you shouldn't be rewarded with a free escape, like on Lery's or The Game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925831#Comment_925831

    Everyone else died. You had a chance to find hatch, the Killer didn't slug for the 4K. You have a small chance to open the gates.

    It should be Killer sided, you failed at every possible opportunity, you shouldn't be rewarded with a free escape, like on Lery's or The Game.

    And again, the same blablabla. Like I predicted.

    You know, Survivors can do good, but still lose. Because you still are highly dependant on your Teammates. At least as Solo Survivor.

    But yeah, I get it... ez Kills for the Killer. What they want.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925833#Comment_925833

    And again, the same blablabla. Like I predicted.

    You know, Survivors can do good, but still lose. Because you still are highly dependant on your Teammates. At least as Solo Survivor.

    But yeah, I get it... ez Kills for the Killer. What they want.

    You reveal your bias. If you get to the EGC, you have lost at every opportunity.

    Stop asking for free escapes. It will not happen, the Devs have made their position very clear.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925841#Comment_925841

    You reveal your bias. If you get to the EGC, you have lost at every opportunity.

    Stop asking for free escapes. It will not happen, the Devs have made their position very clear.

    Why should the Killer get free Kills because he can just stand at one spot? At least give them some effort. But just standing on a Hill, both Exit Gates in Line of Sight (sometimes without even turning the Camera)...

    And yes, I am slowly fed up by Killer Mains wanting an easier and easier game. Same as Killer Mains lying that it is SO DIFFICULT to play as Killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925856#Comment_925856

    Why should the Killer get free Kills because he can just stand at one spot? At least give them some effort. But just standing on a Hill, both Exit Gates in Line of Sight (sometimes without even turning the Camera)...

    And yes, I am slowly fed up by Killer Mains wanting an easier and easier game. Same as Killer Mains lying that it is SO DIFFICULT to play as Killer.

    If you actually read instead of being so upset, you would notice that I said that DOES need to be fixed, just as impossible scenarios for Killers, like Lery's.

    Oh, and it is difficult to play Killer. Certainly a lot harder than Survivor. Stop being so angry.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925863#Comment_925863

    If you actually read instead of being so upset, you would notice that I said that DOES need to be fixed, just as impossible scenarios for Killers, like Lery's.

    Oh, and it is difficult to play Killer. Certainly a lot harder than Survivor. Stop being so angry.

    It did not read like you want a fix. Because saying that some are too close or too far away can also just mean "######### happens for both sides". But I agree on that.

    I disagree on Killer being difficult. At least not to the level some people claim.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925867#Comment_925867

    It did not read like you want a fix. Because saying that some are too close or too far away can also just mean "######### happens for both sides". But I agree on that.

    I disagree on Killer being difficult. At least not to the level some people claim.

    It can be impossible to win sometimes, generally, most Killers suffer from the same problem. If the Survivors and Killer both play their best, the Survivors will win against most of the cast.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925833#Comment_925833

    And again, the same blablabla. Like I predicted.

    You know, Survivors can do good, but still lose. Because you still are highly dependant on your Teammates. At least as Solo Survivor.

    But yeah, I get it... ez Kills for the Killer. What they want.

    You rely on your teammates good or bad because that's the design of the game.

    EGC didn't come around because killers wanted ez kills, it came around to fix the hatch standoff and survivors hiding somewhere to the point the killer would have to quit to end the game.

    Killers don't want ez kills any more or any less then survivors want free escapes. Everyone wants what's best for themselves, the other side be damned. Thats why there's no rants from survivors who escaped because the doors were to far for the killer to patrol.

    I've been killed during end game, and I've had my share of endgame escapes. It all averages out.

  • I think doors should need to not be right next to each other, but otherwise EGC is 100% the healthiest addition to the game in the time I was away from early 2018 until October 2019. No other single change made me as happy to see that there's an interesting, dynamic ending to games now, no more hatch standoffs, and a guaranteed ending to the game in short order. I say this as someone who plays both sides, EGC is excellent.

  • Seriously, please stop with the “you lost” and “you screwed up all your chances” replies. It’s not appropriate. Most of these games I couldn’t have played any better. So I work hard doing gens, getting saves, running the killer and yet my teammates die. The game shouldn’t just end at this point, which is what it does for all intents and purposes. As imbalanced and flawed as this game is, at least it’s competitive and you have a chance if you try hard and play well... until sole survivor EGC.

    And if the killer already got 3k, isn’t that already a win? But I guess that’s a big part of the problem... this mentality that only 4k is a win ruins this game. It’s fine for survivors to have to accept dying but pipping as a win but god forbid a killer get less than a 4k... then he feels bad.

    This 4k or nothing mentality is what causes most of the toxicity in this game... slugging, tunnelling, camping... all for that 4k. Let the 4th survivor who made it to endgame have a fighting chance? F NO! I want my ez 4k. He doesn’t deserve it. He must SUCK if he got in this situation...

    Seriously... your EGC final kill is as worthless as pocket lint and as easy to get. It’s pretty telling that killers would rather just have a free kill than a fair one.

  • @Sleephartha said:

    Seriously, please stop with the “you lost” and “you screwed up all your chances” replies. It’s not appropriate. Most of these games I couldn’t have played any better. So I work hard doing gens, getting saves, running the killer and yet my teammates die. The game shouldn’t just end at this point, which is what it does for all intents and purposes. As imbalanced and flawed as this game is, at least it’s competitive and you have a chance if you try hard and play well... until sole survivor EGC.

    And if the killer already got 3k, isn’t that already a win? But I guess that’s a big part of the problem... this mentality that only 4k is a win ruins this game. It’s fine for survivors to have to accept dying but pipping as a win but god forbid a killer get less than a 4k... then he feels bad.

    This 4k or nothing mentality is what causes most of the toxicity in this game... slugging, tunnelling, camping... all for that 4k. Let the 4th survivor who made it to endgame have a fighting chance? F NO! I want my ez 4k. He doesn’t deserve it. He must SUCK if he got in this situation...

    Seriously... your EGC final kill is as worthless as pocket lint and as easy to get. It’s pretty telling that killers would rather just have a free kill than a fair one.

    Why are you so toxic, even on the forums? All I've ever heard from you is anger and hate to whoever dares to disagree. Calm down.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/925896#Comment_925896

    Why are you so toxic, even on the forums? All I've ever heard from you is anger and hate to whoever dares to disagree. Calm down.

    That isn’t toxic. It is a complete truth that the last survivor in EGC has almost no chance. Yet killers chime in with “git gud” and “you failed at every opportunity” etc. Those are the toxic ones.

    EGC rewards a killer who already got a 3k with an incredibly ez 4th k. And that survivor could arguably have played flawlessly. Yet when looking at whether to maybe err on the side of giving that survivor a reasonable chance to escape and letting the killer get a ridiculously easy kill the game gives the killer the ez kill. Sorry but that’s wrong.

  • The amount of times I've seen the last survivor escape contradicts the idea that its near impossible. While the odds ARE in the killers favor at that point, its still very much possible and happens all the time. As it stands, the devs nerfed Remember me JUST so the last survivor can have a chance at opening the door.

  • As long as it puts a hard time limit on the game it doesn't matter if it helps the killer or survivor(s). Its purpose is to force the game to end, and sometimes the gates are within view of eachother for the killer, while sometimes they're far away with lots of obstacles obscuring vision.

    Serves as a healthy reminder that no, a player doesn't "deserve" the final kill just because they killed the other 3, and they don't "deserve" a better shot at escaping than the game offers them with the gate locations and map.

    I do agree that the super-close gates with a hill between them are silly though, but in my eyes it's like dying to NOED when you "should've escaped" - you got to play until the end of the match and presumably got most of your BP and emblem score already. I'd take that over getting mori-tunneled 1 minute into the match any day of the week to put it that way.

  • @oxygen said:

    As long as it puts a hard time limit on the game it doesn't matter if it helps the killer or survivor(s). Its purpose is to force the game to end, and sometimes the gates are within view of eachother for the killer, while sometimes they're far away with lots of obstacles obscuring vision.

    Serves as a healthy reminder that no, a player doesn't "deserve" the final kill just because they killed the other 3, and they don't "deserve" a better shot at escaping than the game offers them with the gate locations and map.

    I do agree that the super-close gates with a hill between them are silly though, but in my eyes it's like dying to NOED when you "should've escaped" - you got to play until the end of the match and presumably got most of your BP and emblem score already. I'd take that over getting mori-tunneled 1 minute into the match any day of the week to put it that way.

    I hear you. If 50% of the time the doors were so far apart there was no way to cover both and the other 50% they were close, and impossible to escape with, there would still be a 75% overall to the killer since in the “hard” scenario he will guess right half the time. And I’m ok with that. But in reality the times the doors are that far apart are rare. In my experience it’s impossible to get out of the doors at EGC about 90% of the time. And in green ranks or above the killer usually already knows where the hatch is so they take it out of the equation one way or other.

    Maybe the escape rates are higher for swfs and since the goal is to make solos as strong as swfs it will eventually get better for us solos... we’ll see...