New killer looking for tips
Hey all,
So I've played <10 games so far and I'm really enjoying this game. The perks I am using are iron grasp, whispers and BBQ and chili on Leatherface (I'm rank 17, not sure if that makes a difference or not). My main problem is generators are getting done before I can even find anyone. I'll patrol gens and kick them, but I'm not finding the survivors at the gens. My secondary problems would be I have trouble keeping up with some survivors who can just loop me pallet after pallet. Also, often, some survivors just disappear on me (I have trouble keeping track of them) while I'm crushing a pallet or climbing a window. I do have color vision problems IRL and the "scratch" marks left by survivors are very hard to see.
I know I need to practice, but I was just wondering if anyone knew some neat strategies to help with these issues I'm having?
Thank you!
Comments
Everything you said here just sounds like a practice makes perfect situation. Just keep playin and work on yourself and your gameplay. As for the colorblind part, that may make it harder on you as well.
Try to unlock the hag and then unluck Ruin, its a perk that might help you to have more time.
Basically this, if you don't use a headset then start too or crank that sound up.
Also try and think like a survivor like how are they likely to hide from you? if you come from the middle of the map are there pallets to your left or right of the gen. Give the gen a circle around and listen for movement.
If they drop a pallet on you would it be safer for them to go right or left after?
You have decent perks as well so like it was mentioned practice makes perfect
camp toxics
DO NOT DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE THE GAME
the worst mistake is to camp as if the survivors do the gens rather than going for the hook then you are done for and you will have one killer
But, it feels good
he is asking for tips to be better this will make him lose
Well, it depends on the situation though
well If I was the other survivors I would do the gens and you will lose the game as the killer
Crows can also be very helpful btw
Addressing your main problem, i'd suggest trying Ruin. This will stall generator repair greatly (if at least survivors don't spawn near the Hex totem). They'll then spend most of the time searching for the hex providing you more game time.
Some examples would be a window at a place in this concrete building called the groaning storehouse, the meat tree can be pretty bad if you see a survivor their and you can't get the pallet down early just move on finally the house at the red forest is a nightmare sometimes as their are so many windows to vault. Their is also what I consider to be an essential perk called bamboozle on the clown. It helps a lot in dealing with some of the obnoxious loops.
TLDR If a survivor is giving you too much trouble move on to a different one. Some spots in dbd waste too much time chasing so recognise them and either cut off the survivor or leave and hunt other prey. Best of luck buddy you already have a pretty solid set up I look forward to seeing you in the fog!
Regarding your issue with colors, if you play on PC and use an Nvidia card, maybe this would help:
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7pekx9/psa_dead_by_daylight_is_getting_colorblind_mode/
everything said here is all very very valid, another thing is make sure to turn up your sensitivity for those 360 bastards, when that happens remember to use the short swing to smack them, never chase someone for too long is something I took way too long to learn, and remember that especially if someone seems to just blantantly show themselves to you almost right away, that is usually the swf guy who is dedicated to looping the killer
Tips for playing Killer:
Walk away now and save yourself a world of pain.
level up billy, nurse, and leatherface. get bbq chili, nurses calling, and tinkerer then you can throw a 4th perk of your choice noed/ruin/ or an obsession perk. get a hook, see survivors, hit a survivor get to see them when healing, if they do a gen you get to see them again.
Stab the survivors. Stab them a lot.
Use Bloodhound (Wraith teachable) if you have trouble tracking people. Don't spend so much time chasing 1 person, if you see another during a long chase switching targets is usually a better option. If you have trouble stopping gens pick the 3 closest together and protect them more than the others. If you can get those 3 as your last gens then you have an advantage.
Nah, things are just getting interesting for killers. Survs can no longer get off more than one SB during a chase unless they are god like. But at that point most killers would have walked away if they cant find them after a min.
The fact that lots of survs are walking away from the game tells me something. I keep remembering a quote from a black character in The West Wing TV series. He said : Son, if they are shooting at you - you being a black person in the early 1970's protest movement - then you must be doing something right.
In this case i do think the game is headed in the right direction for killers. The fact that survs review bombed the game the day the patch came out tells me also that there are a lot of light saber squads upset that their weapons of choice are not as effective anymore. One perk to counter an item - and item, not another perk - and they are still bitching about it.
Some basics for new killers
Thanks for the tips everyone. I've been listening to some of the advice in here and I have been doing much better.
I do have a question for the survivors here though. People have been giving me crap for "camping". Let me clarify what I do. After hooking my first survivor, I'll run to nearby generators and kick them and look for other survivors. By this time, the hooked survivors are usually unhooked and I'll rinse and repeat this until 2/4 of my survivors are dead. When there are two survivors remaining, I'll hook a survivor. I run BBQ and chili and whispers, so as soon as I hook, I can visually see there are no survivors outside the range not to show off their aura and no generators are being completed. I don't see the purpose of running off just so my survivor can get unhooked when I know one of the other survivors is just sneaking around waiting for me to run off so they can unhook, so I'll patrol this area. This usually results in the third survivors death.
People have told me I am toxic, I am bad, #########, etc. Is this really a bad habit for a killer and considered dishonorable or this just survivors being salty?
Thanks. As a new player, the red light is not something I really knew could be manipulated like that. This has been surprisingly extremely effective when dealing with obnoxious runners. I've noticed they will run straight into me sometimes! I love this tip.
The red stain is VERY useful when it comes to mindgames and actually gets you a lot of extra hits that can just make the difference between a 30s and a 3mins chase, so yeah, it's quite helpful to know about.
Sounds more like salty survivors to me. I do pretty much the same thing.
According to the really toxic survivor mains, if you exist, you're camping.
Learn how to use your red glow to fake them out at loops. Whichever way you're facing, you'll light up the ground and walls in front of you, and the survivors can see that. Walk backwards around a corner to hide the glow, then spin around and hit them.
As for camping... As long as you're not standing in front of the hook staring at their crotch, ignore the salt. If you're doing that, go hit someone instead.