Trapper vs Hag

Here I am with another debate that people go on about who is better, Trapper or Hag? Again I like both of these killers but my main choice is Trapper and here is why. Both killers can put traps in clever places and kill survivors but I feel like Trapper executes it more better because an iridescent stone means you can place traps and leave them alone all game especially if someone disarms it. Hag is really good with her traps but in your against immersive survivors with flashlights then there's not much you can do. So yeah that's my thought. What do you guys think? Who is better and why?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Hag is leagues and bounds better than trapper. Her traps force immediate pressure just by existing, forcing survivors to crouch or risk triggering a random trap. Compared to trapper's traps, hag's are harder to see, harder to disarm (requiring a flashlight), and slightly less dangerous (because the hit is not guaranteed). However, this is offset by the fact that Hag doesn't need to go traipsing over the whole map to use her traps.

    Hag >>> Trapper.

  • Hag is miles better than Trapper and in my opinion the best killer in the game after Nurse nerfs. Her traps have so many functions and they do all of them very well:

    1) Gap closing

    2) Mind games

    3) Chase multiple survivors at a time

    4) mess up survivors movements with the camera flick

    5) Snowball and turn the game completely in your favour

    etc.

  • See, I know for a fact that the Hag is better than Trapper, however,

    I just have more fun playing Trapper. And this isn't saying Trapper is bad because he's not, he's always been the average standard that every killer is compared against sorta kinda so he's always put around C tier in tier lists. But when Trapper works and you're catching like 6+ survivors in bear traps man is that satisfying.

    So fun factor, giving it to the Trapper. At the very, very least Trapper's Traps can't be straight up ignored, if the survivors are really pressuring you as a Hag and they're just running past your Phantasms without a second thought you're basically screwed as Hag, but you can't do that to a trapper. Even disarming takes a quick second and sometimes you just don't have the time to disarm a trap in a chase because trapper is right on you.

    Trapper is a herder, a good trapper herds survivors like ignorant sheep and lamb into his traps and its hella fun and satisfying to see a loop just straight up nope'd.

    Generally and on average, yeah the hag is better I recognize that. BUT, I'm also saying that there's a reason Trapper is the face of the game.

  • I think Trapper is one of the weakest killers in the game and ive been thankful that so many of my matches are against him because of the challenges BUT, while doing one of his first challenges with him at level 1 with one perk i got a merciless. I thought that was weird so the next challenge i leveled him to get 3 perk slots and got the achievement easily. I think it comes down to smart trap placement and more importantly dumb survivors. In both of those games i set traps that people saw me set, but both times the guy on the hook/guy hiding behind a tree stepped on them.

    Still have not been able to get hags achievement, even tho i think shes a much better killer. She just doesn't punish stupid plays like Trapper

  • Unless I have that "silent phantasm traps" add-on with the Hag, I usually prefer the Trapper. To me, he feels more effective and applies more pressure than the Hag in certain situations. Survivors will have to think twice or even completely abandon a possible good loop location just because of the thought of a bear trap being over there. Also, I can't stand Hag's 110% movement speed when in a chase. Should it happen you're chasing someone somewhere where you have no traps, then it could be a really, REALLY long chase until you either gain bloodlust or get lucky (I'm referring to high ranks). Maybe it's best to not chase someone in a situation like that, but it hurts more than it helps. Again, this is just in my experience.

    Trapper has his problems too, but I find him much more entertaining to play, and in some cases, more rewarding than the Hag.

  • I say Trapper is better due to how Urban is rn. If it ever gets nerfed, then Hag would be better.

    Also Trapper gets bonus points for being able to injure survivors regardless if they step or disarm traps (I think it's the pink stone add on that injures survivors who disarm traps?)

  • @pichumudkip said:

    I say Trapper is better due to how Urban is rn. If it ever gets nerfed, then Hag would be better.

    Also Trapper gets bonus points for being able to injure survivors regardless if they step or disarm traps (I think it's the pink stone add on that injures survivors who disarm traps?)

    The bloody coil

  • @Gam1ngga5tly said:

    Here I am with another debate that people go on about who is better, Trapper or Hag? Again I like both of these killers but my main choice is Trapper and here is why. Both killers can put traps in clever places and kill survivors but I feel like Trapper executes it more better because an iridescent stone means you can place traps and leave them alone all game especially if someone disarms it. Hag is really good with her traps but in your against immersive survivors with flashlights then there's not much you can do. So yeah that's my thought. What do you guys think? Who is better and why?

    Hag is way better. Trapper is one of the weakest killers, Hag is actually strong.

  • @pichumudkip said:

    I say Trapper is better due to how Urban is rn. If it ever gets nerfed, then Hag would be better.

    Also Trapper gets bonus points for being able to injure survivors regardless if they step or disarm traps (I think it's the pink stone add on that injures survivors who disarm traps?)

    "Muh Urban Evasion destroys Hag..." yes crouch around the whole the match, making the Hags job alot easier.

  • Hag

    -Map pressure (even vets trigger too many traps)

    -Panic as people slow down if they think traps are nearby

    -Decent are protection/denial with traps allowing for mindgames at loops

    -Shirtless (mostly) so she already beats most of the roster (Until the day we break BHVR and get Myers)

    -Small model/lower TR makes her harder to see

    -Some fun add-ons that give her a different way to play for when you want to mix things up

    -Most gruesome Mori in the game (Oni was close)

  • I'm saying trapper because I despise hag.

    Also trapper is more fun to play as

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904035#Comment_904035

    "Muh Urban Evasion destroys Hag..." yes crouch around the whole the match, making the Hags job alot easier.

    I mean with current Urban with Blendette, that's not too good for Hag, whereas these Blendette can accidentally step in the Trapper's traps if placed right. And also flashlight negate traps too.

  • @pichumudkip said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/905557#Comment_905557

    I mean with current Urban with Blendette, that's not too good for Hag, whereas these Blendette can accidentally step in the Trapper's traps if placed right. And also flashlight negate traps too.

    Against bad Hag's yes. Experienced Hag mains won't play predictably so have fun finding them. Trappers traps are easy to see without tar bottle, so only crap survivors will step in his traps outside of chase. Both these killers make the map dangerous to mindlessly run around but Hag does it much better. Trapper is also buggy to the point you can walk right over the traps. I main both of these killers and both are fun to play but Trapper needs desperate buffs to be viable.

  • @Gam1ngga5tly said:

    Here I am with another debate that people go on about who is better, Trapper or Hag? Again I like both of these killers but my main choice is Trapper and here is why. Both killers can put traps in clever places and kill survivors but I feel like Trapper executes it more better because an iridescent stone means you can place traps and leave them alone all game especially if someone disarms it. Hag is really good with her traps but in your against immersive survivors with flashlights then there's not much you can do. So yeah that's my thought. What do you guys think? Who is better and why?

    Omg I picked hag only because I’m so sick of seeing the damn trapper. Every other game is the trapper and it’s so annoying. Tbf both are annoying. Hag is a long range camper that takes zero skill.

  • Against SWF I have a hard time with trapper because I always find them snapping my traps every two seconds, even when they’re well hidden. With hag not many people use flashlights to disarm traps, some people don’t remember to crouch and they’re easy to hide on most maps.

  • It’s not even close IMO.

  • Oh geez, which lesser evil...

    Guess i'd go with the stronger one then.

  • I have more fun with trapper, even if hag is much better

  • hag requires a flashlight to destroy her traps, trapper does not. Yet hag's traps are just mud (right?) so why can't I you know. Wipe the mud away? Am I scared I might get an infection? Well of course not I mean we've versed the plague and she's probably is giving us spiritual HIV with her vomit. Just curious why it's like this.

  • For Hag to work, she needs add-ons, this is not the same with Trapper.

  • I enjoy trapper more, i just cant stand the majority of 110% speed killers.

  • Trapper is big brain time and fun chases in a killer.

    Hag is a looping PTSD simulator.

  • I picked hag only because shes my main. Ive never used Trapper. In fact ive only ever used Hag or Freddy.

  • I think the flashlight burning traps and crouching should be taken out. Hag traps are too easy to disassemble. Maybe just remove crouching but keep the flashlight.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    I think the flashlight burning traps and crouching should be taken out. Hag traps are too easy to disassemble. Maybe just remove crouching but keep the flashlight.

    And take out her counterplay, hell no, she's already a top tier killer.