Light Weight and Predator

I was thinking we could improve these perks a lot by having them also affect footsteps.

Light Weight would decrease running footstep sounds.

Predator would increase footstep sounds while running and walking.

This would be in addition to their current effects.


I also was having the idea of Light Weight making scratch marks appear a couple seconds delayed instead of its current effect of just scratch marks not lasting as long. This would allow for some better jukes mid chase.

Give ya'lls thoughts.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • maybe predator could also make scratch marks appear when survivors walk?

    lightweight could reduce the noise the survivor makes while moving in general.

  • I agree. Those things should be done. I wish predator made it a little more clear which direction survivors were running in too. Like the scratch marks should glow brighter and fade more distinctly.

  • @hysteria said:

    maybe predator could also make scratch marks appear when survivors walk?

    lightweight could reduce the noise the survivor makes while moving in general.

    For how long? ๐Ÿ˜

  • It's definitely an idea that I like. It promotes stealth.

    Question is, will it change the meta? It'll definitely make the perks viable, but let's think of a way to bring these perks to top tier.

  • Absolutely! As killer, I get a lot of info from listening to footsteps. If I didn't hear them, I would end up hesitating or going in the wrong direction at forks in the road more often.

  • I actually really like that, those would be awesome changes to those perks.

  • it could probably look something like this

    Predator:

    Scratch marks left by survivors spawn considerably closer together. Uninjured survivors will leave behind scratch marks if they walk within 6/8/10 meters of you.

    basically it can counter fixated, and probably lightweight.

    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind spawn considerably farther apart. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    basically countering predator. it can also be used in a stealth build.

  • @hysteria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901523#Comment_901523

    it could probably look something like this

    Predator:

    Scratch marks left by survivors spawn considerably closer together. Uninjured survivors will leave behind scratch marks if they walk within 6/8/10 meters of you.

    basically it can counter fixated, and probably lightweight.

    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind spawn considerably farther apart. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    basically countering predator. it can also be used in a stealth build.

    @hysteria doesn't that punish injuring Survivors and further encourage the no-heal meta?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901537#Comment_901537

    @hysteria doesn't that punish injuring Survivors and further encourage the no-heal meta?

    probably? but who runs those perks anyway??

  • @hysteria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901523#Comment_901523

    it could probably look something like this

    Predator:

    Scratch marks left by survivors spawn considerably closer together. Uninjured survivors will leave behind scratch marks if they walk within 6/8/10 meters of you.

    basically it can counter fixated, and probably lightweight.

    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind spawn considerably farther apart. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    basically countering predator. it can also be used in a stealth build.

    I don't think scratch marks spawning further apart promotes stealth. It makes them easy to see at a longer distance.

  • whats predator I've genuinely never heard of this perk

  • The Killer: Aka the person who is going to be punished for running it and will thus run something else instead.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901537#Comment_901537

    I don't think scratch marks spawning further apart promotes stealth. It makes them easy to see at a longer distance.

    it was a suggestion. but i don't think it was a very good one lol

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901543#Comment_901543

    The Killer: Aka the person who is going to be punished for running it and will thus run something else instead.

    good. predator is already a bad perk and shouldn't be used unless it's for a gimmick/tracking build.

  • @hysteria said:

    maybe predator could also make scratch marks appear when survivors walk?

    lightweight could reduce the noise the survivor makes while moving in general.

    Ohh that's a great idea as well!

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    whats predator I've genuinely never heard of this perk

    It's a Wraith perk. It makes scratch marks appear closer together.

    @Blueberry said:

    I was thinking we could improve these perks a lot by having them also affect footsteps.

    Light Weight would decrease running footstep sounds.

    Predator would increase footstep sounds while running and walking.

    This would be in addition to their current effects.

    I also was having the idea of Light Weight making scratch marks appear a couple seconds delayed instead of its current effect of just scratch marks not lasting as long. This would allow for some better jukes mid chase.

    Give ya'lls thoughts.

    I actually really like this idea. I think you nailed a really solid addition for Predator. I also really like the Lightweight idea. It could also be changed to you don't leave scratch marks for the first 3 seconds after you start running. With a 20/15/10 second cooldown.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901549#Comment_901549

    It's a Wraith perk. It makes scratch marks appear closer together.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/111117/light-weight-and-predator

    I actually really like this idea. I think you nailed a really solid addition for Predator. I also really like the Lightweight idea. It could also be changed to you don't leave scratch marks for the first 3 seconds after you start running. With a 20/15/10 second cooldown.

    ohhhh it's a wraith teachable I'm dumb

  • I used to main Wraith. That's the main reason I remember. His teachable perks are pretty meh.

  • @hysteria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901550#Comment_901550

    good. predator is already a bad perk and shouldn't be used unless it's for a gimmick/tracking build.

    Why would you want to make it even MORE niche then!?

  • @hysteria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901523#Comment_901523

    it could probably look something like this

    Predator:

    Scratch marks left by survivors spawn considerably closer together. Uninjured survivors will leave behind scratch marks if they walk within 6/8/10 meters of you.

    basically it can counter fixated, and probably lightweight.

    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind spawn considerably farther apart. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    basically countering predator. it can also be used in a stealth build.

    Going to modify your suggestion because many, including myself, don't like how scratch marks are spread apart โ€” it's covering more area which makes it easy to spot at long range. ๐Ÿ˜•


    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind are visibly delayed to the killer by 1/2/3 seconds. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    Basically, scratch marks that are less than 3 seconds old won't be visible to the killer. Then, once they become visible, the killer will only have 4 seconds left to track you before they fade away.

    Remember, scratch marks only last for 7 seconds. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/901537#Comment_901537

    Going to modify your suggestion because many, including myself, don't like how scratch marks are spread apart โ€” it's covering more area which makes it easy to spot at long range. ๐Ÿ˜•

    Lightweight:

    Scratch marks that you leave behind are visibly delayed to the killer by 1/2/3 seconds. Noises that you make while moving are reduced by 4/6/8 meters.

    Basically, scratch marks that are less than 3 seconds old won't be visible to the killer. Then, once they become visible, the killer will only have 4 seconds left to track you before they fade away.

    Remember, scratch marks only last for 7 seconds. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    that sounds like a wayy better suggestion than what i came up with. :)