Oni's clunky demon strike

Charging demon strike and trying to hit survivors outside of the dash, is so clunky. The POV is horrible and it's too easy for them to dodge. I think it should just be a normal lunge so it isn't awkward to hit with. Let me know what you guys think. Criticism is welcome but anyone throwing insults will be ignored.

Comments

  • Well, if it was too hard to dodge, it would be free insta downs and survivors would riot...


    It has to have SOME drawback or skill requirement if it one downs people...

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Well, if it was too hard to dodge, it would be free insta downs and survivors would riot...

    It has to have SOME drawback or skill requirement if it one downs people...

    In that case should Shapes tier 3 lunge be clunky since it insta downs and has increased range?

  • Here's a tip: Instead of charging it all the way, you could hold it for half a second if they are right in front of you. This prevents you from doing a simple M1 and doesn't give them much of an opportunity to dodge it.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    Here's a tip: Instead of charging it all the way, you could hold it for half a second if they are right in front of you. This prevents you from doing a simple M1 and doesn't give them much of an opportunity to dodge it.

    Sometimes you have to charge it to stop them from getting to a pallet or a window (since charging it increases the attack range). I appreciate the tip but I just wish it wasn't so clunky to use, it's my only gripe with him at the moment.


  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897724#Comment_897724

    Sometimes you have to charge it to stop them from getting to a pallet or a window. I appreciate the tip but I just wish it wasn't so clunky to use, it's my only gripe with him at the moment.

    Yeah, I would only suggest charging it when you know they are going to vault a window/pallet or in a long straightaway like the hallways in Hawkins. Give it some time to get used to it, he just came out a few days ago. Give it some time and you'll get better eventually :)

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897742#Comment_897742

    Yeah, I would only suggest charging it when you know they are going to vault a window/pallet or in a long straightaway like the hallways in Hawkins. Give it some time to get used to it, he just came out a few days ago. Give it some time and you'll get better eventually :)

    Thank you for the help. :)

  • PC or console?

    I know Oni's controls are really bad on console but on PC he is easy to control.

  • It feels weird, but maybe i just have to get used to him.

  • @Mr_K said:

    PC or console?

    I know Oni's controls are really bad on console but on PC he is easy to control.

    I already know how to do demon dash flick hits on console. It's the regular demon strike that's the problem. It's horrible when trying to do charged hits.

  • Its so freaking clunky

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897762#Comment_897762

    I already know how to do demon dash flick hits on console. It's the regular demon strike that's the problem. It's horrible when trying to do charged hits.

    It does block a lot of the screen. But at the same time it's a one shot ability with a lot of control.

  • Has anybody confirmed the exact length of max time it has to be charged for maximum distance (and even what that max distance is)?

  • @Keene_Kills said:

    Has anybody confirmed the exact length of max time it has to be charged for maximum distance (and even what that max distance is)?

    I'm not sure myself but some streamer probably has.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897699#Comment_897699

    In that case should Shapes tier 3 lunge be clunky since it insta downs and has increased range?

    Shape usually has to slowly stalk to reach that level and then activate it at the right time not always on demand. Not like the Oni, just follow any wounded survivor closely around the map, lapping up blood until their power is charged then hold it and use it whenever they feel like it.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897719#Comment_897719

    Shape usually has to slowly stalk to reach that level and then activate it at the right time not always on demand. Not like the Oni, just follow any wounded survivor closely around the map, lapping up blood until their power is charged then hold it and use it whenever they feel like it.

    The two drops you get every few meters doesn't add up very quickly. Plus sucking them up slows you down. I find it better to let them go heal and find someone else to hit. That way all the orbs will be in one spot for later.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897719#Comment_897719

    Shape usually has to slowly stalk to reach that level and then activate it at the right time not always on demand. Not like the Oni, just follow any wounded survivor closely around the map, lapping up blood until their power is charged then hold it and use it whenever they feel like it.

    If you do that all game then your just gonna get gen rushed from wasting time collecting blood instead of changing to healthy survivors.

  • Yeah it's intentionally clunky as it's a 1-shot, and you can't curve it around objects like a normal lunge because it has a different hitbox that will usually hit the wall instead. You just need to get used to getting them more in the open than you would for a normal hit.

    If you're finding it hard to track them then try to be a little bit more patient with it. Also remember that if you hold forward whilst doing it you do a decent lunge forward with more distance than usual.

  • I'm kind of okay with its clunkyness for it being a 1 shot so that seems reasonable.

    I'm more bothered by Demo's clunkeyness and easy to dodge lunge because its not a 1 shot.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897792#Comment_897792

    It does block a lot of the screen. But at the same time it's a one shot ability with a lot of control.

    But that’s the problem it doesn’t have a lot of control

  • I tested him out and I feel his Demon Strike is a way too easy to counter. He is a weaker Billy in my Opinion.

  • @MedicSpirit7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/897804#Comment_897804

    But that’s the problem it doesn’t have a lot of control

    For PC, I think there's more control than Nascar Billy.